• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Big Sky WBB transfers

HelenaHandBasket said:
mthoopsfan said:
You two, and your ilk, probably don't know why so many people wanted the Washington Redskins to change its name either.

PR, no one other than you is or has ever made this a race thing.

You have. By picking on a NA woman, who has been gone for the program for a year, and throwing it at a NA poster. That is evidence of racism.

mthoopsfan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

You have. By picking on a NA woman, who has been gone for the program for a year, and throwing it at a NA poster. That is evidence of racism.

Nobody on eGriz plays the race card more than you PR.

mthoopsfan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

You are so full of shit. I have never "picked" on her, and only used her as an example because of how adamant you are that she was done wrong. There has never ever been any thing even remotely race related. You are a soft old man.

OregonStateFan said:
mthoopsfan said:
Murphy put up pretty good numbers at UT-Chattanooga and would have helped the LG. Compare to Albrecht (unless she got hurt).

Would Murphy have been able to surpass Frolich or Bartsch on the depth chart? If not, I’m not sure she would have been able to contribute much.

She appears to have been far more productive for Chattanooga (4 PPG and 3 RPG), but they’re also on the lower end of D1 teams (#305 in NET).

I'm not sure why you focused on Frolich and Bartsch. What about Morris-Nelson, Keller and Tsineke? What about spelling Anderson and GFeller in the post, or when they were in foul trouble. Murphy is a good rebounder and shot blocker, and scored at times. Playing as she did at the end of her season, I have no doubt she would have been a contributor for the LG, especially when she was playing like she did late in the season. Murphy also had 6 starts at the beginning of the season, and then lost her spot until late in the season.

I posted this a month ago: "Murphy 3 of the last 4 games. In last 8 games of the season, when her minutes went way up (between 19 and 34), she had 4 games scoring 14, 12, 12 and 9. She had 50 rebounds in those 8 games, with 14 and 12 being her two best. She had 6 and 5 blocks in two games. She was 2d on her team in blocks, 1 behind the leader. The was definitely a contributor. She had 9 starts for the season."

By comparison, in the last LG 8 games: GFeller, the leading rebounder for the year, had 53 rebounds. Anderson had 39 rebounds. Her high scoring games were 16, 14, 12, 12.

Note that the new coach kept Keller and Albrecht. See their stats for the year. I don't know if they were hurt or whatever. I don't mean to say anything negative about them. I assume they are good players.

HelenaHandBasket said:
mthoopsfan said:

You are so full of shit. I have never "picked" on her, and only used her as an example because of how adamant you are that she was done wrong. There has never ever been any thing even remotely race related. You are a soft old man.

You have consistently bashed her, for no reason. You are a total jerk. Again, I have said little or nothing, since early on a year ago, about Momberg. Actually, I'm not sure I have ever been adamant on her being done wrong. I just thought that the new coach shouldn't have gotten rid of 6 players in the first week, including some Montana and a Native American.

Feel free to quote me on adamantly saying she had been done wrong, from any post in the past 10 months. Heck, go back to the beginning.

You are racist, in my view. Bashing and belittling a NA women who left the program a year up. And making up stuff about her, and her play.

If you don't want to be called racist, lay off Momberg. If you can't do that, that further prove of my observation.

Soft? How about heavy? Still pretty strong. Happy to take you on in my tackling drill at the Mo Club anytime. We'd see who was soft. Ha.

mthoopsfan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

You have consistently bashed her, for no reason. You are a total jerk. Again, I have said little or nothing, since early on a year ago, about Momberg. Actually, I'm not sure I have ever been adamant on her being done wrong. I just thought that the new coach shouldn't have gotten rid of 6 players in the first week, including some Montana and a Native American.

Feel free to quote me on adamantly saying she had been done wrong, from any post in the past 10 months. Heck, go back to the beginning.

You are racist, in my view. Bashing and belittling a NA women who left the program a year up. And making up stuff about her, and her play.

If you don't want to be called racist, lay off Momberg. If you can't do that, that further prove of my observation.

Soft? How about heavy? Still pretty strong. Happy to take you on in my tackling drill at the Mo Club anytime. We'd see who was soft. Ha.

PR, fabricating racism for, well ever.

mthoopsfan said:
OregonStateFan said:
Would Murphy have been able to surpass Frolich or Bartsch on the depth chart? If not, I’m not sure she would have been able to contribute much.

She appears to have been far more productive for Chattanooga (4 PPG and 3 RPG), but they’re also on the lower end of D1 teams (#305 in NET).

I'm not sure why you focused on Frolich and Bartsch. What about Morris-Nelson, Keller and Tsineke? What about spelling Anderson and GFeller in the post, or when they were in foul trouble. Murphy is a good rebounder and shot blocker, and scored at times. Playing as she did at the end of her season, I have no doubt she would have been a contributor for the LG, especially when she was playing like she did late in the season. Murphy also had 6 starts at the beginning of the season, and then lost her spot until late in the season.

I posted this a month ago: "Murphy 3 of the last 4 games. In last 8 games of the season, when her minutes went way up (between 19 and 34), she had 4 games scoring 14, 12, 12 and 9. She had 50 rebounds in those 8 games, with 14 and 12 being her two best. She had 6 and 5 blocks in two games. She was 2d on her team in blocks, 1 behind the leader. The was definitely a contributor. She had 9 starts for the season."

By comparison, in the last LG 8 games: GFeller, the leading rebounder for the year, had 53 rebounds. Anderson had 39 rebounds. Her high scoring games were 16, 14, 12, 12.

Note that the new coach kept Keller and Albrecht. See their stats for the year. I don't know if they were hurt or whatever. I don't mean to say anything negative about them. I assume they are good players.

Albrecht missed the whole season with a knee injury. Keller's season stats might not be overwhelmingly impressive, but she had big games this season for the Lady Griz. Her 16 points in the Idaho win were crucial. And her hustling defense won the Weber game. She just recently was named the 2021-22 Grace Geil Most Improved Player award.

maroonandsilver said:
mthoopsfan said:

Albrecht missed the whole season with a knee injury. Keller's season stats might not be overwhelmingly impressive, but she had big games this season for the Lady Griz. Her 16 points in the Idaho win were crucial. And her hustling defense won the Weber game. She just recently was named the 2021-22 Grace Geil Most Improved Player award.

Cool. Thx. I think Keller started one game too. Albrecht's mom was a star at Dartmouth, and I think Ivy player of the year, once or twice.

mthoopsfan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: You're incredible.

Idaho WBB transfer Gina Marxen, a 5-8 PG, is an intriguing one for the Lady Griz - especially if Stiles chooses to move on.

She didn’t play in 21-22, but she averaged 11.2 PPG and 4.3 APG in her first three years.

She attended the same high school as Keeli Burton-Oliver and Haley Huard.

I know this isn't fashionably off-topic, but does anyone know why so many women transferred out at Idaho State? There were 9 players that entered the portal (only 4 have found a landing spot as of May 1st).

GrizBaba,
Some info on ISU mass exodus. I will include the link to their forum as it sounds like the AD is involved to some extent.

https://bengalblitz.proboards.com/thread/966/wbb-offseason-movement-thread

You can read what has bengal fans are saying. Also, Looks like Northern Colorado is also experiencing a large number of transfers. Here is a quick blurb on the state of ISU from the newspaper there.

Now, 12 Idaho State players from last season’s team won’t be on next year’s: Estefi Ors, Dora Goles and Ellie Smith have graduated and will move on, while nine others have decided to transfer: Diaba Konate, Tomekia Whitman, Jordan Sweeney, Paisley Specht, Montana Oltrogge, Bernard, Malone — and now Salmons and Beveridge.

quick look at the Big Sky transfer situation taken from Ross Cunningham on the ISU forum.

Eastern Washington:

-Nuria Curill (6-1 Soph, Berga, Spain)

Transferring In:

-Jamie Loera (5-9 RS Junior, Moses Lake, WA) (From Arizona State, although was not on the roster for 21-22)

Idaho:

-Paris Atchley (5-9 Soph, Yorba Linda, CA)
-Makenna Jacklin (6-1 Freshman, Kelowna, British Columbia)

Transferring In:

-Brooke Malone (6-1 Freshman, Perth, Australia) (From Idaho State)

Idaho State:

-Montana Oltrogge (6-0 Senior, Phoenix, AZ)
-Paisley Specht (5-11 Freshman, Folsom, CA)
-Jordan Sweeney (5-7 Junior, Oakley, CA)
-Tomekia Whitman (5-10 Junior, Spokane Valley, WA)
-Diaba Konate (5-7 RS Junior, Paris, France)
-Brooke Malone (6-1 Freshman, Perth, Australia)
-Anaya Bernard (5-10 Freshman, Mansfield, TX)
-Kayla Salmons (6-3 Freshman, Melbourne, Australia)
-Sarae Beveridge (6-1 Freshman, Victoria, Australia)

Transferring In:

-Sydney Bevington (6-0 Freshman, Arvada, CO) (From U Santa Clara)

Montana:

-Lamprini Polymeni (5-9 Freshman, Thessaloniki, Greece)

Transferring In:

-Keeli Burton-Oliver (6-3 RS Freshman, Seattle, WA) (From Washington State)

Montana State:

-Casey Ardern (5-5 Freshman, Wodonga, Victoria, Australia)
-Ashley VanSickle (5-7 Senior, Arvada, CO)

Transferring In:

-Grace Beasley (5-7 Senior, Melbourne, Australia) (From U of Washington)

Northern Arizona:

-Teionni McDaniel (5-10 RS Freshman, Las Vegas, NV)
-Natalie Greenwood (6-2 Freshman, Roanoke, TX)

Transferring In:

-Montana Oltrogge (6-0 Senior, Phoenix, AZ) (From Idaho State)

Northern Colorado:

-Elli Garnett (5-11 Freshman, Golden, CO)
-Kurstyn Harden (6-3 Junior, Lufkin, TX)
-Emilia Bishop (6-2 Freshman, Wilsonville, OR)
-Jaiden Galloway (5-6 Senior, Aurora, CO)
-Sabine Lipe (5-9 Senior, Liepaja, Latvia)
-Callie Boyles (6-3 Junior, Denton, TX)

Transferring In:

-Paisley Specht (5-11 Freshman, Folsom, CA) (From Idaho State)

Portland State:

-Megan Baird (5-11 Soph, Coquille, OR)
-Jenna Kilty (5-10 Soph, Oakland, CA)
-Itziar Ugarte (5-11 Soph, Madrid, Spain)

Sacramento State:

-Alicja Falkowska (6-5 Junior, Kosow Lacki, Poland)
-Kennedy Lindsey (5-9 Soph, Ontario, CA)
-Neysa Munguia (6-2 Soph, Avondale, AZ)
-Jessica Rios (5-7 Soph, Las Cruces, NM)
-Tiara Scott (5-4 Senior, Torrance, CA)
-Nina Berry (5-6 Soph, Gilroy, CA)

Transferring In:

-Kaylin Randhara (6-2 Senior, Turlock, CA) (Utah State)

Weber State:
-Mikayla Peterson (6-1 Sophomore, Melbourne, Australia)

Back