• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bobcats DC suspended

Dano said:
Willie Garza was arrested for speeding and DUI on November 19th after the Griz/Cat game.

I have not posted for a long time.

And now you're making up for lost time. :lol:

Wow the Cats are letting 3-time DUI recipient to continue coaching and he will be on the sidelines for their next game. I think that sets an absolutely horrible example for their players and program. I’m shocked actually!

HookedonGriz said:
Wow the Cats are letting 3-time DUI recipient to continue coaching and he will be on the sidelines for their next game. I think that sets an absolutely horrible example for their players and program. I’m shocked actually!

I am sure that MSU is doing what they think is best going forward to prevent any type of lawsuit based on the information that they have. We do not know the facts. One thing is certain is that he is not back coaching in a win at all costs situation. His tenure as a DC has not been anything to write home about and he is no defensive guru. The Cats did fine last week without him. I am sure the school could care less what opinions are on a a fan board. What they care about is the consequences if it is not handled correctly. I think the players are focused on the next game and it is not a factor with them as evidenced by their good play this past weekend. My take is he will be gone in due course.

HookedonGriz said:

Absolute WOW. I thought at the very least it would be an indefinite suspension while the legal process took place. I guess they've pretty much shown what kind of program they are this year. That is honestly shocking.

bigsky33 said:
HookedonGriz said:

I am sure that MSU is doing what they think is best going forward to prevent any type of lawsuit based on the information that they have. We do not know the facts. One thing is certain is that he is not back coaching in a win at all costs situation. His tenure as a DC has not been anything to write home about and he is no defensive guru. The Cats did fine last week without him. I am sure the school could care less what opinions are on a a fan board. What they care about is the consequences if it is not handled correctly. I think the players are focused on the next game and it is not a factor with them as evidenced by their good play this past weekend. My take is he will be gone in due course.

In the meantime, he will be yucking it up with the players and coaches...

So friggin beyond acceptable...let us know if he is on the sideline or or box during the game.

Head coach could simply tell him not to report. Simple...dude stays home with taxpayer money.

bigsky33 said:
HookedonGriz said:

So, a one game suspension is OK because he's not very good? Did I get that right? If that's the case, why not an indefinite suspension? I mean, you do fine without him, right? Bobcat logic is incredible sometimes.

SoldierGriz said:
bigsky33 said:

So friggin beyond acceptable...let us know if he is on the sideline or or box during the game.

Head coach could simply tell him not to report. Simple...dude stays home with taxpayer money.

I think we all agree but It may not be as simple as you are suggesting. I don’t think it is up to Vigen at this point.

CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:

So, a one game suspension is OK because he's not very good? Did I get that right? If that's the case, why not an indefinite suspension? I mean, you do fine without him, right? Bobcat logic is incredible sometimes.

I didn’t say a one week suspension was okay. I want him gone. MSU is doing what they feel they need to do. Maybe with the facts they have an indefinite suspension is not an option to prevent an action against the school. I trust they know what they are doing.

bigsky33 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I didn’t say a one week suspension was okay. I want him gone. MSU is doing what they feel they need to do. Maybe with the facts they have an indefinite suspension is not an option to prevent an action against the school. I trust they know what they are doing.

bigsky33 said:
"One thing is certain is that he is not back coaching in a win at all costs situation. His tenure as a DC has not been anything to write home about and he is no defensive guru. The Cats did fine last week without him."

I wholeheartedly disagree that they know what they are doing. What are his damages if he's suspended indefinitely with pay? Nah, let's just let him coach the very next game in case he tries to sue us.

CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:

bigsky33 said:
"One thing is certain is that he is not back coaching in a win at all costs situation. His tenure as a DC has not been anything to write home about and he is no defensive guru. The Cats did fine last week without him."

I wholeheartedly disagree that they know what they are doing. What are his damages if he's suspended indefinitely with pay? Nah, let's just let him coach the very next game in case he tries to sue us.

Like I said previously, I don’t think MSU cares what we think on a fan board. They base their action on the facts they have.

bigsky33 said:
SoldierGriz said:

I think we all agree but It may not be as simple as you are suggesting. I don’t think it is up to Vigen at this point.

Vegan can tell him to coach from home. Simple.

SoldierGriz said:
bigsky33 said:

Are you an attorney? Do you have all the facts in this case? Just curious.

bigsky33 said:
SoldierGriz said:

I am who I am. Dude needs to coach from his bedroom. Quite easy...and satisfies all parties.

But, cats will continue on their self-reporting, PED guzzling ways....pls stop embarrassing the Last Best Place.

They seriously haven't shitcanned this asswipe yet?? Man, this is most certainly not a good reflection on msu.

EverettGriz said:
They seriously haven't shitcanned this asswipe yet?? Man, this is most certainly not a good reflection on msu.

No, it's not. But, they have some in-house experience with felon coaches, so they should figure it out soon.

SoldierGriz said:
bigsky33 said:

I am who I am. Dude needs to coach from his bedroom. Quite easy...and satisfies all parties.

But, cats will continue on their self-reporting, PED guzzling ways....pls stop embarrassing the Last Best Place.

I have been involved in many hiring s and firings in my career in a large financial services company. It is never simple. Things are never as cut and dried as they appear. Attorneys were always extremely cautious every step of the way. I would bet Vigen is only proceeding as he is being told.

Latest posts

Back