• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bobcats DC suspended

ilovethecats said:
HookedonGriz said:
I honestly could care less about the defense or any other position he is coaching. He could be a grad assistant for all I care. The issue is your team and school are letting a 3 time DUI recipient Coach your football team, stay involved in team activities, practices, and coach in the game. That’s insane! Even if they didn’t let him coach but told him he could be on the sidelines….also insane. This idiot could have killed sometime FFS! It’s a terrible terrible look for the university and a terrible message to the players. Didn’t you have someone close killed by a drunk driver? You of all people I would think would be shouting from the rooftops on this!
Preaching to the choir man. I said I wanted him gone as soon as I heard the news. I just don’t think I have the pull to make these decisions as you think I do. :lol:

Bottom line is we can talk about this until we’re blue in the face on message boards. Won’t make a difference. I do know of boosters that have emailed the athletic director with their displeasure. You seem passionate about this and I appreciate that. Maybe go that route?

Bottom line, is the “win at all costs” mantra doesn’t hold water when we heard all season how terrible our defense is.

I have not been in the camp that it’s a “win at all costs”. I’m with you, his defense isn’t superior. Maybe he isn’t even calling the defense and gets to just hang out. Still an awful awful look and example.

And you’re right I am very passionate about this. I’m from Butte, and it wasn’t that long ago that Mariah McCarthy was killed by a drunk driver on the side of a road. I have a daughter in high school and family members and friends who cruise the Bozeman streeets regularly. Someone could have been killed.

Then when you hear rumors that this guy was fighting nurses and refused to follow directions in the hospital it makes it much much worse.

HookedonGriz said:
ilovethecats said:
Preaching to the choir man. I said I wanted him gone as soon as I heard the news. I just don’t think I have the pull to make these decisions as you think I do. :lol:

Bottom line is we can talk about this until we’re blue in the face on message boards. Won’t make a difference. I do know of boosters that have emailed the athletic director with their displeasure. You seem passionate about this and I appreciate that. Maybe go that route?

Bottom line, is the “win at all costs” mantra doesn’t hold water when we heard all season how terrible our defense is.

I have not been in the camp that it’s a “win at all costs”. I’m with you, his defense isn’t superior. Maybe he isn’t even calling the defense and gets to just hang out. Still an awful awful look and example.

And you’re right I am very passionate about this. I’m from Butte, and it wasn’t that long ago that Mariah McCarthy was killed by a drunk driver on the side of a road. I have a daughter in high school and family members and friends who cruise the Bozeman streeets regularly. Someone could have been killed.

Then when you hear rumors that this guy was fighting nurses and refused to follow directions in the hospital it makes it much much worse.

Again, preaching to the choir. I’ve stated before but I’ve lost a family member to a drunk driver. I take it very seriously. Stated day one he needed to be gone. I just don’t know the ins and outs of the case to say what they’re doing is right or wrong. I’ll be far more upset if he’s around after this season than I am right now while everything plays out.

I’m far more annoyed that his decisions led this to even being a discussion leading up to our biggest game of the season. His selfish actions are taking away from a great group of kids trying to achieve their goal of a national championship.

But I learned long ago that just because the powers that be don’t do what message boards want them to do when they want them to do it doesn’t always mean it’s a wrong decision. Could be though. No idea. But I have no reason not to trust our leadership at this time, so I have a feeling their are factors playing out we don’t know about.

Doesn’t change the fact in my eyes that it’s a huge disservice to our players and staff that this was even allowed to be a topic of discussion.

ilovethecats said:
HookedonGriz said:
I honestly could care less about the defense or any other position he is coaching. He could be a grad assistant for all I care. The issue is your team and school are letting a 3 time DUI recipient Coach your football team, stay involved in team activities, practices, and coach in the game. That’s insane! Even if they didn’t let him coach but told him he could be on the sidelines….also insane. This idiot could have killed sometime FFS! It’s a terrible terrible look for the university and a terrible message to the players. Didn’t you have someone close killed by a drunk driver? You of all people I would think would be shouting from the rooftops on this!
Bottom line is we can talk about this until we’re blue in the face on message boards. Won’t make a difference.

What?! You're just telling me this now! What has this all been for?!

HookedonGriz said:
ilovethecats said:

I'd be willing to drop win at all costs if the Bobs stop trying to say "we don't know what happened" like the facts that we do know aren't enough to make letting him coach look awful. That's just stupid. There's also the possibility that any additional info that comes out makes this look way worse than it does at present.

HookedonGriz said:
ilovethecats said:

There is a 13 page thread here and a 14 page thread on BN on this. In the long threads on both, I do not see anyone defending Garza. I see just about every post wants the guy gone. I see most all don't like the fact that he is coaching again after the suspension. Most posters have mentioned that he is probably still coaching right now because the legal situation is still unclear and the University is waiting for due process before taking any further action. Also, most posters agree that Garza will be gone once the legal situation clarifies or his contract comes up for renewal.

Everyone seems to agree with you but we do not have all the facts and MSU is going to do what it feels necessary. You seem to feel there are other disciplinary actions that can be put on Garza, yet like all of us you don't have all the facts and you are not an attorney. So, what is it Hooked that you are trying accomplish?

bigsky33 said:
HookedonGriz said:

There is a 13 page thread here and a 14 page thread on BN on this. In the long threads on both, I do not see anyone defending Garza. I see just about every post wants the guy gone. I see most all don't like the fact that he is coaching again after the suspension. Most posters have mentioned that he is probably still coaching right now because the legal situation is still unclear and the University is waiting for due process before taking any further action. Also, most posters agree that Garza will be gone once the legal situation clarifies or his contract comes up for renewal.

Everyone seems to agree with you but we do not have all the facts and MSU is going to do what it feels necessary. You seem to feel there are other disciplinary actions that can be put on Garza, yet like all of us you don't have all the facts and you are not an attorney. So, what is it Hooked that you are trying accomplish?

Are you saying a DUI arrest, as well as a couple other small charges, are not enough to fully suspend a coach with pay? I can't imagine that is true. Of course, I was only a lawyer for 45 years. What would I know?

mthoopsfan said:
bigsky33 said:

Are you saying a DUI arrest, as well as a couple other small charges, are not enough to fully suspend a coach with pay? I can't imagine that is true. Of course, I was only a lawyer for 45 years. What would I know?

Good question for MSU? I agree, seems like they could.

bigsky33 said:
HookedonGriz said:

I am trying to understand why you, your fan base, your university, and your football team aren’t holding a coach with a 3rd DUI more accountable.

By putting him back on the sidelines with the team, that is no accountability whatsoever. This idiot could have killed someone. Don’t you have friends or family who drive around the Bozeman streets?

Everyone keeps saying “well there’s some legal process here and they have to wait”……bullshit! They could 100% suspend him indefinitely WITH pay until it plays out in the court of law. Why in world aren’t they doing that? Why don’t they take that simple step?

If they did that I don’t think anyone here would have an issue. The fact they are not doing that is creating a terrible terrible look for the program and university.

What if this idiot, who has shown no previous moral fiber or good decision making) goes out and drinks and drives again and kills someone. The university and its coaches could and would be sued on a level of epic proportions. This move is enabling this coach more than its is punishing him. It’s insane to me!

HookedonGriz said:
bigsky33 said:

I am trying to understand why you, your fan base, your university, and your football team aren’t holding a coach with a 3rd DUI more accountable.

By putting him back on the sidelines with the team, that is no accountability whatsoever. This idiot could have killed someone. Don’t you have friends or family who drive around the Bozeman streets?

Everyone keeps saying “well there’s some legal process here and they have to wait”……bullshit! They could 100% suspend him indefinitely WITH pay until it plays out in the court of law. Why in world aren’t they doing that? Why don’t they take that simple step?

If they did that I don’t think anyone here would have an issue. The fact they are not doing that is creating a terrible terrible look for the program and university.

What if this idiot, who has shown no previous moral fiber or good decision making) goes out and drinks and drives again and kills someone. The university and its coaches could and would be sued on a level of epic proportions. This move is enabling this coach more than its is punishing him. It’s insane to me!

My point in my post is that in both long threads it appears that most everyone agrees with you. We fans cannot hold him accountable as we do not have any authority. Accountability has to come from MSU. Why are they doing what they are doing you need to ask them. My take is that it is not up to Vigen. This is being handled higher up.

HookedonGriz said:
bigsky33 said:

I assumed that WMG would be suspended for the remainder of the year and then have his contract not renewed at the end of the fiscal year and am disappointed that's not the route that was taken.

That said, MSU has chosen this route to move forward. I'd imagine that Cruzado, Costello, Vigen and others all weighed in and had input on the situation, and ultimately I trust them to do was is right for the school, the community, and the team. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I also know they have far more information on the matter than I do.

I was planning to grab a torch and pitch fork to storm Montana Hall, but the guy at Lowe's told me they were bought out by shady looking dudes missing multiple teeth and wearing maroon. It was reported that one such guy had a "HookedonGriz" lower back tattoo written in Comic Sans, which I thought was strange.

ilovethecats said:
Yes. Anything to keep that elite defense that has been destroying teams on the field. Our season would truly be over if we removed the coordinator of that dominating unit.
I realize you’re being facetious, but your poo-pooing is really just poo.

Dismissing a DC during a deep playoff run would be upsetting the apple cart, even if the fans think some of the apples were already rotting. It’s a huge deal for any team.

If everyone agrees he can, and should, be suspended with pay, then there is no other explanation and the only reason he is still practicing is wiN-@-aLl-CosTs.

garizzalies said:
ilovethecats said:
Yes. Anything to keep that elite defense that has been destroying teams on the field. Our season would truly be over if we removed the coordinator of that dominating unit.

Dismissing a DC during a deep playoff run would be upsetting the apple cart, even if the fans think some of the apples were already rotting. It’s a huge deal for any team.

If everyone agrees he can, and should, be suspended with pay, then there is no other explanation and the only reason he is still practicing is wiN-@-aLl-CosTs.

Yes, I am sure it is disrupting. But as they did all season with injured players, it was next man up in Bobby Daly and they did very good against Weber last weekend.

wbtfg said:
HookedonGriz said:

I assumed that WMG would be suspended for the remainder of the year and then have his contract not renewed at the end of the fiscal year and am disappointed that's not the route that was taken.

That said, MSU has chosen this route to move forward. I'd imagine that Cruzado, Costello, Vigen and others all weighed in and had input on the situation, and ultimately I trust them to do was is right for the school, the community, and the team. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I also know they have far more information on the matter than I do.

I was planning to grab a torch and pitch fork to storm Montana Hall, but the guy at Lowe's told me they were bought out by shady looking dudes missing multiple teeth and wearing maroon. It was reported that one such guy had a "HookedonGriz" lower back tattoo written in Comic Sans, which I thought was strange.

That was actually pretty funny and made me laugh. you get an 8 out of 10 for originality. I’m actually more offended that fucker thought it was comic sans when it was Arial Black.

HookedonGriz said:
wbtfg said:

That was actually pretty funny and made me laugh. you get an 8 out of 10 for originality. I’m actually more offended that f###[#] thought it was comic sans when it was Arial Black.

There are a lot of things that get better with age. Lower back tattoos don't generally fall into that category.

Wait.

They reinstated this guy?!?!??!

Holy shit. I know I toss the bubs a lot of good-natured shade. But seriously, the way msu has handled this is a disgrace.

Truly example A of "How Not To" handle employee relations issues.

EverettGriz said:
Wait.

They reinstated this guy?!?!??!

Holy shit. I know I toss the bubs a lot of good-natured shade. But seriously, the way msu has handled this is a disgrace.

Truly example A of "How Not To" handle employee relations issues.

I'm honestly dumbfounded by it.

bigsky33 said:
garizzalies said:

Yes, I am sure it is disrupting. But as they did all season with injured players, it was next man up in Bobby Daly and they did very good against Weber last weekend.
Next man up? What does that have to do with anything?

Did you mean “next round’s on me”?

garizzalies said:
bigsky33 said:

Hey, pal. Nobody knows all the facts. Could’ve been mistaken identity or aliens.

CDAGRIZ said:
garizzalies said:

Hey, pal. Nobody knows all the facts. Could’ve been mistaken identity or aliens.
The fact is, its been a “mantra” for this year’s bubs. If someone goes down, player or coach, there are no questions asked. The team automatically thinks—next round’s on me.

Everybody steps up. They might have to step aside for a bit, but they never step out, or step away. Only step up. And sometimes step aside temporarily. But then, the next round is on them, and they step right back up again.

Back