• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bobcats DC suspended

bigsky33 said:
I agree with a previous poster that the suspension action is a result of MSU legal. Garza hasn’t been convicted of anything yet and it appears he plead not guilty. I am sure the school wants to prevent any lawsuits. I predict he will resign in short order. That is what he did the previous two times. If he doesn’t, I would bet he is fired as soon as the legal situation permits. . I feel bad for him. It is horrible addiction. I hope with this incident, he will use it to get the help he needs to turn his life around.

I agree. They are probably biding their time to let due process work so that they themselves don't end up on the wrong side of an employment law lawsuit.

garizzalies said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
If he is terminated after this year, here's hoping he…
What?!? How is he not terminated right f###[#] now?

I don’t get it? Is MSC too gunshy to pull the trigger because of the Kramer lawsuit or do they really just want to win at all costs?

If Iived someplace I could not stand, there's no way in hell I'd live there. If there are neighbors so close I can't piss off the porch, I move further away from them. Life is much too short to be miserable. Sam Jankovich played for the Griz. He was Dennis' position coach before he went into administration. Mick began his career at MSU with Cliff. The fans from both schools need to grow up. Especially the holier than thou bunch.

bigsky33 said:
I agree with a previous poster that the suspension action is a result of MSU legal. Garza hasn’t been convicted of anything yet and it appears he plead not guilty. I am sure the school wants to prevent any lawsuits. I predict he will resign in short order. That is what he did the previous two times. If he doesn’t, I would bet he is fired as soon as the legal situation permits. . I feel bad for him. It is horrible addiction. I hope with this incident, he will use it to get the help he needs to turn his life around.
:lol: :clap: :lol:

[spoil] This excuse might fly if the guy was also being suspended from practice. Why is he still being allowed to practice? No bub has explained that one yet.

[spoil]
Also, bobcats suck!
[/spoil]

[/spoil]

garizzalies said:
bigsky33 said:
:lol: :clap: :lol:

[spoil] This excuse might fly if the guy was also being suspended from practice. Why is he still being allowed to practice? No bub has explained that one yet.

[spoil]
Also, bobcats suck!
[/spoil]

[/spoil]

Big game this week, Garizz. Biiiiiig game. Need him out there coachin em up!

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
garizzalies said:
What?!? How is he not terminated right f###[#] now?

I don’t get it? Is MSC too gunshy to pull the trigger because of the Kramer lawsuit or do they really just want to win at all costs?

If Iived someplace I could not stand, there's no way in hell I'd live there. If there are neighbors so close I can't piss off the porch, I move further away from them. Life is much too short to be miserable. Sam Jankovich played for the Griz. He was Dennis' position coach before he went into administration. Mick began his career at MSU with Cliff. The fans from both schools need to grow up. Especially the holier than thou bunch.
billy-madison-dumber.gif

bigsky33 said:

What are the chances that if the team keeps winning, the game day suspensions will continue until such time that his 2022 employment contract expires?

Fahque said:
bigsky33 said:

I agree. They are probably biding their time to let due process work so that they themselves don't end up on the wrong side of an employment law lawsuit.

Let the legal system and personnel run its course. Outhouse lawyers who did the knee jerk instant response got both schools in deep shit not very many years ago. One is still trying to dig itself out of that royal cluster fuck their administrators pulled.

This is just a DUI. Luckily, nobody got hurt and talk about a learning experience for kids. He'll get help and one of those coaches with a checkered past is going to mentor him. Restorative justice and practices will help.

Garbage move. Even before I knew what he did I was pissed he put our kids in a position to get distracted. Selfish on many levels. He needs to be gone. Obviously this is easier for me to say cause I don’t think he’s doing that great anyway. Confident in Daly.

But what a garbage decision. Looks like the infraction wasn’t far from my house. I was partying too. Know what I did? Got picked up from the bar by a sober driver and went to a friends house. Had lots of wine and a great time. Know what I did after that? Got a fucking Uber home!

What a joke.

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
Fahque said:

Let the legal system and personnel run its course. Outhouse lawyers who did the knee jerk instant response got both schools in deep shit not very many years ago. One is still trying to dig itself out of that royal cluster [#]f### their administrators pulled.

This is just a DUI. Luckily, nobody got hurt and talk about a learning experience for kids. He'll get help and one of those coaches with a checkered past is going to mentor him. Restorative justice and practices will help.

Just a DUI? Just a DUI? Holy shit you are a dumb fuck! It’s his third one and he got fired from another gig for recruiting violations. This guy screamed HR Nightmare when your dumbass Coach hired him and not he did exactly what 99% of the normal population could have guessed would happen. He could have killed someone, including me or my family who drive the streets of Bozangeles often. You’re an ignorant fool! Absolutely disgusting to downplay this!

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
Fahque said:

Let the legal system and personnel run its course. Outhouse lawyers who did the knee jerk instant response got both schools in deep shit not very many years ago. One is still trying to dig itself out of that royal cluster [#]f### their administrators pulled.

“This is just a DUI” Yeah, until his luck runs out and kills someone, looking at his pattern there is a pretty good shot at that happening.

4 DUI’s in the state of Montana is a felony. By my calculations this dude is 75% of the way there to some state prison time. Yes, I know his previous ones were probably out of state so I wouldn’t have a clue how that translates across state borders.

Dude needs to have his keys taken away for a long ass time or put the machine in his rig.

grizfnz said:
bigsky33 said:

What are the chances that if the team keeps winning, the game day suspensions will continue until such time that his 2022 employment contract expires?

I am sure the MSU legal staff is directing Vigen as to what he needs to do as far as what Garza is doing. Now, it is all about keeping out of a lawsuit.

ilovethecats said:
Garbage move. Even before I knew what he did I was pissed he put our kids in a position to get distracted. Selfish on many levels. He needs to be gone. Obviously this is easier for me to say cause I don’t think he’s doing that great anyway. Confident in Daly.

But what a garbage decision. Looks like the infraction wasn’t far from my house. I was partying too. Know what I did? Got picked up from the bar by a sober driver and went to a friends house. Had lots of wine and a great time. Know what I did after that? Got a f###[#] Uber home!

What a joke.

Yeah, all joking aside, its a terrible deal.

But has he really been coaching at practice? As I said earlier, Vigen has to be at least a little concerned about his job, and that kind of decision making doesn't bode well I wouldn't imagine.

garizzalies said:
What are the odds of a car from Texas getting pulled over for doing twice the speed limit down Main Street at 10:30pm on the night of cat/Griz?

I realize he was hammered but that is next-level stupid.

Pretty much every fucking Tex ass, Kalifornication, New York, New Jersey, Florida, Nevada, Arizona, Washington, Idaho, Alabama and Oregon plate that blows past all of us every night up here. Oh, I forgot about the Canucks too. Fucking hate all these ass hats

EverettGriz said:
ilovethecats said:

But what a garbage decision. Looks like the infraction wasn’t far from my house. I was partying too. Know what I did? Got picked up from the bar by a sober driver and went to a friends house. Had lots of wine and a great time. Know what I did after that? Got a f###[#] Uber home!

What a joke.

But has he really been coaching at practice? As I said earlier, Vigen has to be at least a little concerned about his job, and that kind of decision making doesn't bode well I wouldn't imagine.

Vigen may be being told by the MSU legal staff to let him coach at practice. I would think it is completely out of Vigen’s hands at this point.

bigsky33 said:
grizfnz said:

I am sure the MSU legal staff is directing Vigen as to what he needs to do as far as what Garza is doing. Now, it is all about keeping out of a lawsuit.
Do you seriously believe MSC’s legal staff is directing coach Vi to suspend him from the game but allow him to practice all week?

H. E. Double-hockey sticks—No!

This is coming from the athletic department. 💯

You do realize the state’s law school is in Missoula, right? I guess maybe a Griz fan would attempt malpractice just to mess with the cats

bigsky33 said:
EverettGriz said:

Vigen may be being told by the MSU legal staff to let him coach at practice. I would think it is completely out of Vigen’s hands at this point.
Not going to talk on the legal stuff re: firing him because I don't know, but it seems very odd to me that you would suspend a coach for a game, but let him coach during the week in between the DUI being announced and the game in question.

garizzalies said:
bigsky33 said:
Do you seriously believe MSC’s legal staff is directing coach Vi to suspend him from the game but allow him to practice all week?

H. E. Double-hockey sticks—No!

This is coming from the athletic department. 💯

You do realize the state’s law school is in Missoula, right? I guess maybe a Griz fan would attempt malpractice just to mess with the cats

At this point, it is above the athletic dept.

EverettGriz said:
ilovethecats said:

What a joke.

Hearing conflicting stuff. Haven’t been to any practices. Think it was reported he was there. Talked to another guy I assumed would know and he said he didn’t think so. But now just heard that for legal purposes they’re doing everything by the book to avoid issues down the road which may include him coaching this week and also why he was only suspended one game. I imagine the plan is to have him gone but gotta do everything exactly right.

The fact we’re even talking about this and speculating is exactly why I’m so pissed. Players and coaches deserve better.

bigsky33 said:
EverettGriz said:

If *true, msu needs legal counsel who didn’t get their law degree by finding the way out of the maze on the back of the FruitLoops box.

*It isn’t. The decision to allow him to continue coaching at practice is being made within the athletic dept. The legal team doesn’t give two shits about that. He can’t sue for wrongful denial of coaching. Vigen doesn’t need a reason to tell him he can’t participate.

Horrrrrribly bad optics for msu.

WaGriz4life said:
wbtfg said:
this decision is above Vigen's pay grade. Id imagine he's following recommendations from the AD, President's office, and the university HR and legal team.

So it’s Cruzado’s decision to keep him on staff? And because it’s her decision that makes it somehow OK?

That's what you read from my post?

Latest posts

Back