• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bobcats DC suspended

I ran with Willie Mack in the Fargo party days of the Jt Cigarros & HUB. dude likes to drink just like the rest of us. he's not a fan or uber or a cab though

ilovethecats said:
EverettGriz said:
But what does that have to do with his practice participation? Look, you cannot sue your employer if they continue to pay you but don’t give you the work you think you’re entitled to. Vigen could simply tell him he’s not welcome at practice, at meetings or any other team function. As long as msu keeps paying him, he’d have no actionable claim. Shit, Vigen could tell him to go inventory jock straps 8 hours a day.

That’s why I say that if he IS participating in practice , Vigen is making the call.

I’m not convinced he was at practice. Heard he was. And heard from others he hasn’t been around since last Thursday. No clue what is what. And don’t know in’s and outs of this kind of crap. But if MSU seems to think in any way this can come back on them, I’m fine letting them step lightly until the cut ties with the guy. But they BETTER cut ties or I for one will be upset.

Nah man. That’s not how you’re supposed to do it. You’re supposed to panic fire everyone involved and set your university back a decade.

Why do Griz fans worry so much about what is happening with the Cat program? I worry more about what is happening with OUR program! But 8 pages in this thread??? Come on.......

Chucknduck said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
Let the legal system and personnel run its course. Outhouse lawyers who did the knee jerk instant response got both schools in deep shit not very many years ago. One is still trying to dig itself out of that royal cluster [#]f### their administrators pulled.

This is just a DUI. Luckily, nobody got hurt and talk about a learning experience for kids. He'll get help and one of those coaches with a checkered past is going to mentor him. Restorative justice and practices will help.

“This is just a DUI” Yeah, until his luck runs out and kills someone, looking at his pattern there is a pretty good shot at that happening.

4 DUI’s in the state of Montana is a felony. By my calculations this dude is 75% of the way there to some state prison time. Yes, I know his previous ones were probably out of state so I wouldn’t have a clue how that translates across state borders.

Dude needs to have his keys taken away for a long ass time or put the machine in his rig.

Take my job but not my keysssss

RoseyMustGo said:
Why do Griz fans worry so much about what is happening with the Cat program? I worry more about what is happening with OUR program! But 8 pages in this thread??? Come on.......
You've spent at least half your posts on this site complaining that we aren't as good as bozeman unprompted. :lol:

uofmman1122 said:
RoseyMustGo said:
You've spent at least half your posts on this site complaining that we aren't as good as bozeman unprompted. :lol:

And started a thread ranting and raving because Griz fans aren't mad enough that the Bobcats are doing better than us right now. 🙄

SinCityGriz2005 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Typical Coach Sixx. Won't share anything with the media. Why does he always act so smug and arrogant?

:cry: You do realize we have the OG “don’t say anything to anyone, you young whippersnappers better not get on that internet thing” HC right? :cry:

What?! No way!

9b3.png

RoseyMustGo said:

Why do obvious #scumcat trolls spend so much time on eGriz?

mthoopsfan said:
ilovethecats said:
I’d say based on our defense this year, that’s not the case….. :cool:

Let’s be honest. Yes we shut down the griz. But not saying much. And while I don’t think our D is awful, it’s not like we’d pull out all the stops to hang on to a guy to be 5th or something in the conference. :lol:

It will be nice to see the Cats get beat.
For you. Not for me.

:lol:
EverettGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Typical Coach Sixx. Won't share anything with the media. Why does he always act so smug and arrogant?

Terrific question. He should study a BH press conference on how to be more forthcoming with the media.

:thumb:
indian-outlaw said:
Gotta give Coach Vigen credit, suspending his DC before an important playoff game. Sounds like a principled coach. I don't think many coaches would do that

indian-outlaw said:
Gotta give Coach Vigen credit, suspending his DC before an important playoff game. Sounds like a principled coach. I don't think many coaches would do that

I’d give him credit if he had announced the suspension the Monday after the Brawl, but waiting a week (coincidentally the day before their administration knew the news was going to be made public) was nothing more than damage control.

suckit said:
Look everyone, as a business owner and a recovering alcoholic myself, I have experience with this, so don't in any way take this as supporting the world's worst college and the world's worst city/county. FTC!!
But the guy more than likely has his DUI's in other states and the state of montana does not recognize the offenses here, from other states.
Now as for the employer side, you as an employer you can't just dismiss someone from their work duties because of a traffic infraction (as the law sees it), he was obviously not in any way driving a company supplied vehicle and probably bonded out of jail in plenty of time to make it to his next required work shift, so not letting due process would be a mistake and implying guilty until proven innocent, and our legal system is not supposed to work that way.
So they(FTC) have their hands tied right now, so that is the reason this person is still allowed to perform his work duties.
Now this part is pure speculation, but the only reason they are giving him game day off is to keep the shit show of public relations on the day of the game to a minimum as possible.
FTC in every way, every day!!!
GO GRIZ!!!

The bolded part above is absolutely in correct...the out-of-state offenses must be similar convictions to Montana's Aggravated DUI statute, which my understanding is Montana is one of the states who took forever to revamp their DUI laws a few years back, thus creating an Aggravated DUI statute, which most likely were modeled after numerous other states' DUI laws. Further, I can't remember the exact years, but for calculating what number DUI you are getting, his 2003 conviction may not count, so Montana may only consider this DUI #2, but could also be #3 depending.

You are correct that employers cannot just fire someone on an arrest alone, and obviously msu did the right thing in suspending him. My other assumption is that him being "at practice" was probably last week's practice, and this week he was suspended and not there. Again, pure speculation but based on some knowledgeable scat fans, that would make way more sense. If they are allowing him to be at practice during his suspension, that is really the only mud-on-face move they've made. Otherwise, this is pretty much text-book how to handle this, and every other Montana college would handle this the same way.

Another part of the article says he was cited and released to hospital staff after vomiting, so I don't think he was actually ever arrested. I'm making this assumption he didn't go to jail that night because of the fact no one saw him on the jail roster, and you damn well know he would've been outed if he had actually gone to jail that night. My guess is he will be court-ordered to serve a few days in jail all said and done since he didn't serve any jail time.

CDAGRIZ said:
RoseyMustGo said:

Why do obvious #scumcat trolls spend so much time on eGriz?

Ding ding ding. Knew he was another cats troll after his first two posts. Insanely obvious

Who doesn’t love eggs rancheros?

This is how I imagine college at Bozeman State college:

🎼
Long around our tenth year
We found two airplane tickets to the hell outta here
Got scholarships to some small town school in Montana
We learned to drink Sangrias 'til the dawn's early light
Eat eggs Ranchero's and throw up all night
And tell those daddy's girls we were majorin' in the rodeo
Aw but my favorite memory of school that fall
Was the night John Roy came runnin' down in the hall
Wearin' nothing but cowboy boots and a big sombrero

And he was yellin’
Heyyyyyyyyyy Romeo
Let’s go down to Mexico

ilovethecats said:
HookedonGriz said:
Ding ding ding. Knew he was another cats troll after his first two posts. Insanely obvious

More obvious or less obvious than that idiot cat4lyf guy on BN? :lol:

I would say almost as obvious haha! This guy doesn’t support Mr Hauck so a little different 😂

Da Boyz Mom said:
uofmman1122 said:

And started a thread ranting and raving because Griz fans aren't mad enough that the Bobcats are doing better than us right now. 🙄

Come on. That's weak. if you and the other 6th graders involved in the pissing contest can't admit that the Bobcats are the dominant program in the state now, instead of pissing down your leg trying to allege that I am a Bobcat fan for pointing out the obvious, then, resume your childish banter with Cat fans. It makes you look so mature. And yeah, I did start a thread saying that Griz fans aren't pissed enough about losing our two decades of in-state dominance...... and I stand by that. Sometimes change is required. I'm not calling for Hauck's head YET, but I want a new O-Coordinator, and a new O-line coach, at minimum. I would give Hauck one more year to show his RTD stuff.

Grisette said:
:thumb:
indian-outlaw said:
For what it is worth....After both of his last 2 DUI's he resigned so possibly the other 2 head coaches gave him an option, resign or be fired not just a slap on the wrist after making the program, head coach's hiring decision, AD and presidential support of the hiring all look really stupid

Latest posts

Back