• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Brawl 2021

Griz Addict said:
retiredpopo said:
Lots of over reaction

Yup, for a second, I thought I accidentally went to bobcatnation... We have a freshman QB starting, 5th string rb played most of the game, numerous injuries/illnesses, and Sac St usually plays a good game against us. I said in the beginning that I was nervous about this one. Even more so than I will be against the bobshats. We just need some guys back and to watch some more tape. We are 4-2... we can easily win out. We have a good coaching staff with lots of experience, we are just handicapped right now. Everything will be ironed out and all will be well. Look at what EWU did to Idaho today.... Even if we just had Cam back, we win this game. Only because Brown wasn't 100% prepared. He still did okay, especially for a young QB. Give him time and he will be playing lights out. Our defense desperately needs a couple key guys back. Will be surprised if we don't win out from here. Guarantee this one lights a fire under everyone's ass and we come back for redemption. Quit being whiney spoiled pansy asses.
People dismiss how good SacSt is. Thompson knew everything we would do. Their OL is the best I've seen.

retiredpopo said:
AZGrizFan said:
Knight
Ostmo
Childs
Harris
Bergen

Harris did not play in the 2nd half today. Not sure why, but it appears we are now on our 5th string RB.

I know levi janacaro is doing great on special teams and backing up lb but I would be giving him the ball. Anybody who watched him in high school realize that kid can run the ball.
Agree; he was never given a chance at RB. Nor Turner, both bruisers. Bergen was a HS QB, not much bigger than Harris. Our OL run blocking schemes are lame; pillow fights that plug up any holes.

reinell30 said:
I think I will stay at my tailgate for this game if things don't improve between now and this game. Cats will embarass us in our house!
They have yet to play anybody. Wyoming shut out at home, Weber 2-4, etc. They had 222 yards total offense Friday. They are not so good, either. We'll see when Barriere carves up that suspect secondary. Ifanse is their whole offense. There is no reason yet to give up on this. SacSt would have beaten them. too.

HookedonGriz said:
What I do know 100% is that if our offense and play calling don’t change dramatically then it won’t matter as we will only be able to score 10-14 points on their D and they will easily score more than that. We need to be able to score 35 ish to have a real chance and we can’t score that on bad defenses.
Hogwash. MSU scored one TD on Weber, 222 yards total offense. They were gifted two short field TOs that they could only convert to FGs, the difference in the game with a 2-4 opponent. Ifanse is their offense.

EverettGriz said:
Aaaaaand that’s why we can never have nice things like a beer garden.
So everyone can stampede to their tailgate and drink more than you can get in the beer garden. Quite a stretch.

As an old lineman and ex line coach. i can tell you what i was taught and relayed to my Line, You get in an uncomfortable position, look your enemy in the eyes fire out and bust his Arce; It is a damn fist fight, and if you never had one . go get in one . Even if it is in Jakes Bar alley, or behind the stocks .or outside the OX. Go Balls to the Wall on every snap. I don't even know what in hell DOLA stands for. and who in hell said it was o k to Grab and hold.??? Go Griz

As an old lineman and ex line coach. i can tell you what i was taught and relayed to my Line, You get in an uncomfortable position, look your enemy in the eyes fire out and bust his Arce; It is a damn fist fight, and if you never had one . go get in one . Even if it is in Jakes Bar alley, or behind the stocks .or outside the OX. Go Balls to the Wall on every snap. I don't even know what in hell DOLA stands for. and who in hell said it was o k to Grab and hold.??? Go Griz

Griz#64 said:
An old OLman here; I can't remember the last time I saw a pancake. They are huge, slow pass blockers coached to push and shove, not knock people down. On running plays, it's pretty simple to evaluate; the guy that delivers the blow wins; the guy that receives the blow loses. The OLman has the snap count; use the advantage.

kemajic said:
EverettGriz said:
Aaaaaand that’s why we can never have nice things like a beer garden.
So everyone can stampede to their tailgate and drink more than you can get in the beer garden. Quite a stretch.

It's certainly not a stretch to think that if this sh*t continues, the university will take a hard look at serving beer in the stadium. Not exactly the kind of publicity needed right now.

Griz#64 said:

Got into a fist fight in the alley behind the Flame. I didn’t enjoy it.

kemajic said:
Griz Addict said:
Yup, for a second, I thought I accidentally went to bobcatnation... We have a freshman QB starting, 5th string rb played most of the game, numerous injuries/illnesses, and Sac St usually plays a good game against us. I said in the beginning that I was nervous about this one. Even more so than I will be against the bobshats. We just need some guys back and to watch some more tape. We are 4-2... we can easily win out. We have a good coaching staff with lots of experience, we are just handicapped right now. Everything will be ironed out and all will be well. Look at what EWU did to Idaho today.... Even if we just had Cam back, we win this game. Only because Brown wasn't 100% prepared. He still did okay, especially for a young QB. Give him time and he will be playing lights out. Our defense desperately needs a couple key guys back. Will be surprised if we don't win out from here. Guarantee this one lights a fire under everyone's ass and we come back for redemption. Quit being whiney spoiled pansy asses.
People dismiss how good SacSt is. Thompson knew everything we would do. Their OL is the best I've seen.

and had a redshirt freshman and true freshman starters.......

Spanky2 said:
Griz#64 said:

Don't take a tennis ball to a fist fight. Fist fights are unwise. The guy might be able to box. Use the FB skills to tackle the guy, wrestling skills to stay on top of him and pound on him until there is no fight left. Doesn't take long. Can scarf up the knees a bit if in the gravel. Street fight, not a fist fight.

kemajic said:
Spanky2 said:
Don't take a tennis ball to a fist fight. Fist fights are unwise. The guy might be able to box. Use the FB skills to tackle the guy, wrestling skills to stay on top of him and pound on him until there is no fight left. Doesn't take long. Can scarf up the knees a bit if in the gravel. Street fight, not a fist fight.

I usually bring a knife and do a Michael Jackson “Beat It” music video style fight. I was in three last week, but it’s getting harder now with the damned unions.

kemajic said:
reinell30 said:
I think I will stay at my tailgate for this game if things don't improve between now and this game. Cats will embarass us in our house!
They have yet to play anybody. Wyoming shut out at home, Weber 2-4, etc. They had 222 yards total offense Friday. They are not so good, either. We'll see when Barriere carves up that suspect secondary. Ifanse is their whole offense. There is no reason yet to give up on this. SacSt would beaten them. too.
:lol:

kemajic said:
Spanky2 said:

I think we may have stumbled upon our new television timeout entertainment! Old Man Melee! Sponsored by fill in the blank supplemental Medicare health insurance provider.

kemajic said:
Griz#64 said:
An old OLman here; I can't remember the last time I saw a pancake. They are huge, slow pass blockers coached to push and shove, not knock people down. On running plays, it's pretty simple to evaluate; the guy that delivers the blow wins; the guy that receives the blow loses. The OLman has the snap count; use the advantage.
Didn't Mallory do that all the time last year (belly rub), probably got told to cut that out.

ilovethecats said:
kemajic said:
They have yet to play anybody. Wyoming shut out at home, Weber 2-4, etc. They had 222 yards total offense Friday. They are not so good, either. We'll see when Barriere carves up that suspect secondary. Ifanse is their whole offense. There is no reason yet to give up on this. SacSt would beaten them. too.
:lol:

1 for 13 on 3rd downs against a 2-4 team. One, uno and not one more conversion. I assume that is why you are laughing? The Griz and not a good team right now. Neither are the Cats. Sucks that the Big Sky has one and maybe two teams that are decent. Neither are from Montana. The offensive creativity of both OC’s could be contained in a thimble. The Cats at least tried to go down field. I will give them that, but their QB is not good.

Copper Griz said:
ilovethecats said:

1 for 13 on 3rd downs against a 2-4 team. One, uno and not one more conversion. I assume that is why you are laughing? The Griz and not a good team right now. Neither are the Cats. Sucks that the Big Sky has one and maybe two teams that are decent. Neither are from Montana. The offensive creativity of both OC’s could be contained in a thimble. The Cats at least tried to go down field. I will give them that, but their QB is not good.

Hey if you say so. Maybe they are bad like you think. I disagree. :thumb:

ilovethecats said:
Copper Griz said:

222 yards total offense is bad.

kemajic said:
ilovethecats said:
222 yards total offense is bad.

Ya it wasn’t great. And maybe Weber’s defense sucks which makes it even worse. But we won. I’ll take “bad” wins over losses 100 out of 100 times.

Back