• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bring back the WAC in FCS?

tourist said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
Try to visualize what a stadium with over 50k would do to the Missoula economy...or Bozeman for that matter.
What I am visualizing is 15,000 empty seats in Missoula, 30,000 in Bozo. But, what the hell, let the people in Missoula or Bozo pay for it. Go for it! :thumb:
I know some people get all exercised when anyone mentions Boise ... but. The stadium for the Broncos has a capacity of just over 36,000. Even with over 700,000 people within easy driving distance, they have not tried to go overboard. (And even with all those people in the Boise Valley, they do not sell out every game.)

IdaGriz01 said:
tourist said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
Try to visualize what a stadium with over 50k would do to the Missoula economy...or Bozeman for that matter.
What I am visualizing is 15,000 empty seats in Missoula, 30,000 in Bozo. But, what the hell, let the people in Missoula or Bozo pay for it. Go for it! :thumb:
I know some people get all exercised when anyone mentions Boise ... but. The stadium for the Broncos has a capacity of just over 36,000. Even with over 700,000 people within easy driving distance, they have not tried to go overboard. (And even with all those people in the Boise Valley, they do not sell out every game.)
BSU averaged 33,068 in 2018 with a stadium capacity of 36,300; the whole MW conference averaged 23,862. Over expanding a stadium is known to have a negative impact on revenue by killing ticket demand which erodes ticket prices. Pretty simple; law of supply and demand. Balancing capacity to maintain ticket demand is key for any AD.

kemajic said:
IdaGriz01 said:
tourist said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
BSU averaged 33,068 in 2018 with a stadium capacity of 36,300; the whole MW conference averaged 23,862. Over expanding a stadium is known to have a negative impact on revenue by killing ticket demand which erodes ticket prices. Pretty simple; law of supply and demand. Balancing capacity (an expensive investment) to maintain ticket demand is key for any AD.

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
The only benefit for the community I can imagine is the construction boom when it's built. There is no evidence to suggest that either program would see increased attendance revenue with a huge stadium. There are empty seats at nearly every game at both venues now. It would however destroy the intimate fan experience of today's nearly filled stadiums. Watching a game in a half-filled stadium is not a thrill. High supply; low ticket demand, big debt to address. Brilliant.

kemajic said:
IdaGriz01 said:
tourist said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
BSU averaged 33,068 in 2018 with a stadium capacity of 36,300; the whole MW conference averaged 23,862. Over expanding a stadium is known to have a negative impact on revenue by killing ticket demand which erodes ticket prices. Pretty simple; law of supply and demand. Balancing capacity to maintain ticket demand is key for any AD.

Could you even imagine, in your wildest dreams, the people of Missoula voting to tax themselves to expand WGS to 50,000 seats. Snowballs chance in hell would be overly optimistic in the land of the football hating left wing rabble which infests Missoula. Florio and her boss would have parallel strokes. :lol: :lol: :lol: Pull your head out, CatGrad, M'zooo ain't f*ckin' Denver. Of course, if YOU were writing the check CatGrad, then maybe...I'll loan you a pen. :thumb:

kemajic said:
IdaGriz01 said:
tourist said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:

Plus they play some games on Thursday nights....the impact of which has been discussed considerably on here.

tourist said:
kemajic said:
IdaGriz01 said:
tourist said:

Could you even imagine, in your wildest dreams, the people of Missoula voting to tax themselves to expand WGS to 50,000 seats. Snowballs chance in hell would be overly optimistic in the land of the football hating left wing rabble which infests Missoula. Florio and her boss would have parallel strokes. :lol: :lol: :lol: Pull your head out, CatGrad, M'zooo ain't f*ckin' Denver. Of course, if YOU were writing the check CatGrad, then maybe...I'll loan you a pen. :thumb:

Dude, chill.

We have the number one attendance in the FCS. Clearly the city (keep Missoula weird) doesn't hate football. And I know lots of Missoulians who don't vote for leftist parties. Most of the folks I know there are either Democrat or Republican supporters if they bother to vote at all.

I agree Catgrad's statement that we should expand one of the stadiums to 50,000 is on par with the dumbest thing ever said on this site, but notice his post says Cat Grad so look at the source.

SaskGriz said:
tourist said:
kemajic said:
IdaGriz01 said:

Dude, chill.

We have the number one attendance in the FCS. Clearly the city (keep Missoula weird) doesn't hate football. And I know lots of Missoulians who don't vote for leftist parties. Most of the folks I know there are either Democrat or Republican supporters if they bother to vote at all.

I agree Catgrad's statement that we should expand one of the stadiums to 50,000 is on par with the dumbest thing ever said on this site, but notice his post says Cat Grad so look at the source.

Not that it matters, but Montana has the second highest attendance, trailing Jackson State...

GrizLA said:
SaskGriz said:
tourist said:
kemajic said:

Dude, chill.

Not that it matters, but Montana has the second highest attendance, trailing Jackson State...
Per Game Average: JSU 24,770; UM 24,677 - JSU by 93
Season Total: JSU 99,079: UM 148,064 - UM by 48,985

I would take Montana as the leader, especially at our ticket prices.

kemajic said:

Yep ... all depends upon how you define "highest." FWIW: Jackson State had one home game cancelled due to weather (lightning). Even if they had played that game and made more or less their average, they'd have still been over 24 thousand behind UM in total attendance.

kemajic said:
GrizLA said:
SaskGriz said:
tourist said:

Dude, chill.

"JSU’s highest attendance among home games came against Alabama A&M (W.C. Gordon Classic – 30,472) in the Tigers first home game of the season and against Mississippi Valley State (JSU’s homecoming – 29,500)"

https://hbcugameday.com/2018/11/26/hbcus-especially-the-swac-rank-atop-the-fcs-in-2018-attendance/

Not that any of the WAC'd discussion will happen, but we would have to convince San Diego to leave the pioneer league and offer scholarships.

Latest posts

Back