• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

BSC Mens Transfer Information 2020-21

fanofzoo said:
HookedonGriz said:
Blakney to our Griz! Whoop whoop!

Saw him play but how good is he ?

I am not sure what to think. Becomes the biggest body on the team so far at 230lbs, but does anyone know why he only played 20 mins a game this year for one of the worst teams in the country? Also averaged just 3 rebounds a game, which is about the same as Vasquez (2.9).

Makes the Griz better because he fits a position of need and adds big man depth, but how much better is the question.

fanofzoo said:
HookedonGriz said:
Blakney to our Griz! Whoop whoop!

Saw him play but how good is he ?

6’8 230 alone makes this a good addition. Watch how physical he is in his highlight tapes. He can back people down to the rim and he bangs people around and finds the hoop. Steadman already quit by that game but Blakney would have owned him. He plays 10X more physical than that quitter.

https://twitter.com/transfertapes/status/1372302472396476416?s=21

On top of his physicality and ability to get to the rim, watch him find the open shooter. I don’t think I saw Stedman do that once. If he tried he turned it over all the time. This is a great pick up.

His stat line against the Griz in the tourney:

28 mins
17 pts
8 rebounds
58% from floor
1 turnover

HookedonGriz said:
On top of his physicality and ability to get to the rim, watch him find the open shooter. I don’t think I saw Stedman do that once. If he tried he turned it over all the time. This is a great pick up.

28 mins
17 pts
8 rebounds
58% from floor
1 turnover

Thanks that answers my question. This is exactly what we needed and yes he would have killed whats his name. Think of how much this frees up Bannan, Owens, CH and Mac.

We are at 1,200 players in the portal. A cursory look at the list and a few things stick out:

1. There are 40-50 teams at the Division 1 level that are going to be replacing more than half the traditional 13-15 player rosters.
2. Nearly a hundred schools are replacing at least 5 players because of the transfer portal.
3. Roughly 60% of that number in the portal has occurred in the last week and a half.

By my guess this is what teams likely have in scholarships available to dole out to transfers or high school players come spring signing period:

1. Eastern Washington: 6-7 scholarships
2. Idaho: 5-7 scholarships
3. Montana State: 3-5 scholarships
4. Northern Arizona: 3-5 scholarships (used 1)
5. Montana: 3-5 scholarships (used 3:1 HS, 1 JC and 1 GTR)
6. Northern Colorado: 3-5 scholarships (used 1)
7. Portland State: 2-3 scholarships
8. Sacramento State: 2-3 scholarships (used 1)
9. Idaho State: 1-2 scholarships
10. Weber State: Maybe 1 scholarship
11. Southern Utah:Maybe 1-2 scholarships.

I believe the Griz have committed three scholarships going into next season. One HS, one JC and one transfer. .

GrizWhiz said:
I believe the Griz have committed three scholarships going into next season. One HS, one JC and one transfer. .

Yeah, I forgot about the JC kid from Otero. Depend upon who you ask that might mean 1 or 2 more scholarships available. Thanks for the heads up. I'll edit my other post.

Darius Henderson name is in the portal. Surprising it took this long, because he had been rumored to have been out the door a long time ago.

Best of luck to Darius.

Grizfan-24 said:
Darius Henderson name is in the portal. Surprising it took this long, because he had been rumored to have been out the door a long time ago.

Best of luck to Darius.

These our scholarship players as of today:

Returners (9)
Owens
Vasquez
Beasley
Egun
Parker
Whitney
Bannan
Anderson
DCH

Newcomers (3)
Blakeney
Braggs
Martin

Assuming no more transfers, there is only one left to give.

Grizfan-24 said:

Best of luck to Darius.
Agreed! I was really hoping he was gonna pan out but he just never did. Best of luck!

We got a big and have a scholarship to spare. Wonder where we go next. And whether it’s a HS kid or a transfer.

UMFan12 said:
We got a big and have a scholarship to spare. Wonder where we go next. And whether it’s a HS kid or a transfer.

Personally I’d like to see us save it for that impact transfer that is an alpha scorer/shooter. I don’t care what position.

fanofzoo said:
HookedonGriz said:

28 mins
17 pts
8 rebounds
58% from floor
1 turnover

Thanks that answers my question. This is exactly what we needed and yes he would have killed whats his name. Think of how much this frees up Bannan, Owens, CH and Mac.

I like it. He has the ability to make his own space under the rim, and doesn’t get pushed around. :thumb:

Jacob Davison to Cal Poly per Verbal Commits
Jacob Townsell (SO SF) Sac State name is in the portal.

Chance Hunter, a SG/SF transfer target from Long Beach State has committed to California Baptist per Verbal Commits.

Leads me to a thought:

There is still one scholarship out there:

Where does it go?

My hunch: More length on the wing. A Kim Aiken Jr. like guy. I don't know that Aiken is actually the target, because my guess is he ends up at Portland eventually. DeCuire has three or four inter-changeable parts in the post (Anderson, Bannan, Owens, and Blakney) but a 3 and D guy might be the target.

Wow. NAU picks up a baller from Virginia Tech. Played 20 MPG and scored 9.2 PPG for the Hokies and will have 3 years of eligibility in the Big Sky. He will be the best player in the conference by Junior year, if not immediately. Big get for the conference.
https://twitter.com/MattBabcock11/status/1379473727973376003?s=20

UMGriz beat me to it.

Absolutely huge pickup for Northern Arizona. NAU doing some work in the transfer portal. First one of the better DII transfers and now this.

Might be a solid sleeper candidate to break into the top three.

Back