• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

BSC Mens Transfer Information 2020-21

Grizfan-24 said:
Chance Hunter, a SG/SF transfer target from Long Beach State has committed to California Baptist per Verbal Commits.

Leads me to a thought:

There is still one scholarship out there:

Where does it go?

My hunch: More length on the wing. A Kim Aiken Jr. like guy. I don't know that Aiken is actually the target, because my guess is he ends up at Portland eventually. DeCuire has three or four inter-changeable parts in the post (Anderson, Bannan, Owens, and Blakney) but a 3 and D guy might be the target.
I thought the same thing. We have guys who can contain the top guards in the conference, but don’t have that wing guy we can stick on opposing wing scorers.

Grizfan-24 said:
Chance Hunter, a SG/SF transfer target from Long Beach State has committed to California Baptist per Verbal Commits.

Leads me to a thought:

There is still one scholarship out there:

Where does it go?

My hunch: More length on the wing. A Kim Aiken Jr. like guy. I don't know that Aiken is actually the target, because my guess is he ends up at Portland eventually. DeCuire has three or four inter-changeable parts in the post (Anderson, Bannan, Owens, and Blakney) but a 3 and D guy might be the target.
We got 2 transfers and one freshmen in this class. Personally, I'd like to see us go after another freshmen cause I'm not big on the idea of just loading up with transfers every year. We did that this season and with the exception of Parker, none of them really panned out. That said, I think Decuire probably is gonna go for another transfer even though I think we're good with what we got. We'll see.

UMFan12 said:
Wow. NAU picks up a baller from Virginia Tech. Played 20 MPG and scored 9.2 PPG for the Hokies and will have 3 years of eligibility in the Big Sky. He will be the best player in the conference by Junior year, if not immediately. Big get for the conference.
https://twitter.com/MattBabcock11/status/1379473727973376003?s=20

His top 7 before picking NAU:
https://twitter.com/MainTeamSports/status/1378028373834928131?s=20

There are roughly 80 4 star and above kids listed in the portal currently. That is a ton of kids still looking for homes.

Some of the notables that I haven't seen reports of committing somewhere.

1. SG/SF: RayQuan Battle, - (6-5, 180, So.) University of Washington- A 4 star recruit from the Seattle area. Played only about half of the games this season, but averaged nearly 20 minutes a game in those he did.
2. SF: Timmy Allen, - (6-6, 200, Jr). University of Utah. A 4 star recruit from Los Angeles. Leading scorer for Utah last year at about 18 ppg.
3. PF: J'Raan Brooks (6-9,220, RS So.) University of Washington. A 4 star recruit from Seattle area as well. Similar to Battle in that he didn't play a full season and averaged about 10 minutes a game .
4. PG: Jaelen House (6-2, So.) Arizona State University. Uber athletic guard and played about 20 minutes per game for the Sun Devils this year. A nearly 40 percent shooter from 3. From the Phoenix area.
5. PG: Jalen Terry (5-11 Fr) Oregon. Just entered the portal, from Michigan but like House is incredibly athletic and can shoot from 3.
6. SF: Alfred Hollins (6-6, Sr.) Oregon State. Been in the portal for a while. Only played 3 games this year, but in the prior 3 years averaged around 20 minutes a game and 5ppg for Tinkle.
7. SG: Matt Bradley (6-4, Jr) California. Cal's leading scorer this year and from the San Francisco area. Averaged 18 ppg and shot high 30's from 3 as well as gathered 5rpg.
8. SG: Jemarl Barker (6-5, Jr) Arizona. He's a LA player, got starters minutes in Tuscon and averaged about 12ppg this year. Only played in 12 games before departing Arizona. He was Kentucky recruit out of high school.
9. SF: Hamier Wright (6-6, Sr) University of Washington. Was an starter for Washington last year but not a big scorer.
10. C: Jahylon Martinez (6-11, FR) UNLV. He was recruited by TDC and Montana out of high school. He didn't play this year as he red-shirted.

FWIW:

Sean Miller out at Arizona, just a week before spring signing day. Just a crazy year.

Grizfan-24 said:
There are roughly 80 4 star and above kids listed in the portal currently. That is a ton of kids still looking for homes.

Some of the notables that I haven't seen reports of committing somewhere.

1. SG/SF: RayQuan Battle, - (6-5, 180, So.) University of Washington- A 4 star recruit from the Seattle area. Played only about half of the games this season, but averaged nearly 20 minutes a game in those he did.
2. SF: Timmy Allen, - (6-6, 200, Jr). University of Utah. A 4 star recruit from Los Angeles. Leading scorer for Utah last year at about 18 ppg.
3. PF: J'Raan Brooks (6-9,220, RS So.) University of Washington. A 4 star recruit from Seattle area as well. Similar to Battle in that he didn't play a full season and averaged about 10 minutes a game .
4. PG: Jaelen House (6-2, So.) Arizona State University. Uber athletic guard and played about 20 minutes per game for the Sun Devils this year. A nearly 40 percent shooter from 3. From the Phoenix area.
5. PG: Jalen Terry (5-11 Fr) Oregon. Just entered the portal, from Michigan but like House is incredibly athletic and can shoot from 3.
6. SF: Alfred Hollins (6-6, Sr.) Oregon State. Been in the portal for a while. Only played 3 games this year, but in the prior 3 years averaged around 20 minutes a game and 5ppg for Tinkle.
7. SG: Matt Bradley (6-4, Jr) California. Cal's leading scorer this year and from the San Francisco area. Averaged 18 ppg and shot high 30's from 3 as well as gathered 5rpg.
8. SG: Jemarl Barker (6-5, Jr) Arizona. He's a LA player, got starters minutes in Tuscon and averaged about 12ppg this year. Only played in 12 games before departing Arizona. He was Kentucky recruit out of high school.
9. SF: Hamier Wright (6-6, Sr) University of Washington. Was an starter for Washington last year but not a big scorer.
10. C: Jahylon Martinez (6-11, FR) UNLV. He was recruited by TDC and Montana out of high school. He didn't play this year as he red-shirted.

Thanks for your efforts here, GF-24. Much appreciated.
I'd love it if we could fill that last 'ship with one of the young bigs that we recruited early on, either Martinez or Brooks.

How about this kid? Northwest ties...https://www.burntorangenation.com/2021/4/6/22370197/kamaka-hepa-enters-ncaa-transfer-portal-texas-longhorns-chris-beard

Marquette grad transfer to Weber. Another BIG get for the conference.
https://twitter.com/RyanMcMull3n/status/1379904593321201667?s=20

Agreed! It’s been tough sledding for the conference, but good gets for Weber and NAU in the last 2 days. Apparently we’re supposed to be getting a good get as well, but nobodies who knows wants to say. Not sure why but it’s whatever.

Idaho adds Texas A&M Corpus Christi SG Nolan Bertain (Sr.), he averaged 8.5ppg last year for TAMCC.

If the conference continues to land guys like this, this could be one of the best years for the conference in a while. It’s a good thing if teams who used to be bottom dwellers who were lucky to win one tourney game in 5 years (ISU and MSU start to push the top dogs. They both brought in quality coaches and have improved drastically. Good for the conference.

UMFan12 said:
If the conference continues to land guys like this, this could be one of the best years for the conference in a while. It’s a good thing if teams who used to be bottom dwellers who were lucky to win one tourney game in 5 years (ISU and MSU start to push the top dogs. They both brought in quality coaches and have improved drastically. Good for the conference.

Not sure about that. Transfers aren’t everything. They certainly can help but you can’t win entirely with new guys in a year. Very difficult. The teams that have been good in this conference historically have had continuity and played together. The transfer thing has been a real crap shoot that has not necessarily translated to team success. Weber is a decent example of that last year. They had lots of talent but weren’t as cohesive as they could be. Next year they will be quite a bit better.

dayday said:
UMFan12 said:

Not sure about that. Transfers aren’t everything. They certainly can help but you can’t win entirely with new guys in a year. Very difficult. The teams that have been good in this conference historically have had continuity and played together. The transfer thing has been a real crap shoot that has not necessarily translated to team success. Weber is a decent example of that last year. They had lots of talent but weren’t as cohesive as they could be. Next year they will be quite a bit better.

I agree Dayday. It's better to have at least some playing time together. You can reload with transfers but it isn't the full solution. Weber was just in a really bad spot the prior year and needed radical change. We will be better this coming year, with a little more continuity. Best case scenario is to add two or three new peices each year. Sometimes the situation calls for more.

In UM's case, the guard line is quite solid. Post play is where you can improve the most. The kid from UI is a start, but he may look good like Steadman did. You know, the best player on a really bad team. He certainly won't hurt you, but you need more, IMHO.

6’4 200 guard started every game for Pacific this year.

https://twitter.com/jakelieberman2/status/1381282255151063042?s=21

Back