• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

BSC Mens Transfer Information 2020-21

UMFan12 said:
MSU lands UW transfer RaeQuan Battle.
https://twitter.com/roccomiller8/status/1381338262300598272?s=20
Wow, good pickup. Did we even try to recruit him? I thought he had a good game against us this year. I would’ve taken him. There were a number of UW players that went into the portal and to my knowledge, I’m not aware of us trying to recruit any of them. I thought we would considering we played them and with Decuires Seattle connections. I guess we did just offer that high school kid the other day so there’s that.

Griz til I die said:
UMFan12 said:
MSU lands UW transfer RaeQuan Battle.
https://twitter.com/roccomiller8/status/1381338262300598272?s=20
Wow, good pickup. Did we even try to recruit him? I thought he had a good game against us this year. I would’ve taken him. There were a number of UW players that went into the portal and to my knowledge, I’m not aware of us trying to recruit any of them. I thought we would considering we played them and with Decuires Seattle connections. I guess we did just offer that high school kid the other day so there’s that.

I’m not sure how I feel about this one. Averaged just 4 PPG on 25.6% from the field and about 20% for 3 on a pretty bad UW team. I’m not sure if we pursued him, but he does not look appealing on paper.

UMFan12 said:
Griz til I die said:

I’m not sure how I feel about this one. Averaged just 4 PPG on 25.6% from the field and about 20% for 3 on a pretty bad UW team. I’m not sure if we pursued him, but he does not look appealing on paper.
Oh really? I must have him confused with somebody else. What’s the name of that really good point guard they got?

Griz til I die said:
UMFan12 said:
Oh really? I must have him confused with somebody else. What’s the name of that really good point guard they got?

For the record, Battle didn’t play a bad game against us, he had 8 Pts on 50% FG. The Pg I believe was Quade Green.

UMFan12 said:
Griz til I die said:

For the record, Battle didn’t play a bad game against us, he had 8 Pts on 50% FG. The Pg I believe was Quade Green.
Oh ok that’s right. I just saw that one of UW’s other good players just transferred to South Carolina. I believe it’s there big man. It’s been a tough stretch for the once proud husky program.

UMFan12 said:
Griz til I die said:

I don’t know this as a fact, but my guess is Battle becomes one of a few, if not the only top 100 HS kid in the BSC. Came out of HS with a reputation as a long, athletic shooter. Was he ranked wrong out of HS? Maybe. Happens all the time.

Nothing is worse for a shooter than non or inconsistent playing time, which is what Battle got at UW. I think Battle will be huge at MSU.

If everyone returns, a line-up of Bishop, Adamu, Belo and Battle is quite formidable.

https://twitter.com/sean02mtm/status/1381338652517703682?s=21

GrizBall said:
UMFan12 said:

I don’t know this as a fact, but my guess is Battle becomes one of a few, if not the only top 100 HS kid in the BSC. Came out of HS with a reputation as a long, athletic shooter. Was he ranked wrong out of HS? Maybe. Happens all the time.

Nothing is worse for a shooter than non or inconsistent playing time, which is what Battle got at UW. I think Battle will be huge at MSU.

If everyone returns, a line-up of Bishop, Adamu, Belo and Battle is quite formidable.

https://twitter.com/sean02mtm/status/1381338652517703682?s=21
NAU landed the dude from who averaged 9 for Va tech just a couple days ago. He was ranked no.80 out of HS and has played very well for VA tech. Not sure where the Weber guy was ranked out of HS. But Battle is for sure not the only top 100 guy, and was for sure very overrated out of HS.

https://twitter.com/idahostatebball/status/1382015882780581888?s=21
ISU picks up a transfer from San Diego. Initially started his career at Idaho so he’s got familiarity with the BSC. San Diego has completely overhauled their roster and brought in tons of big time transfers and because of that, this kid was one of the unlucky ones.

Bummer on Egun. Was a dude who had promise but just never panned out for some reason. Hope he finds a home he can play a bigger role at.

maroonandsilver said:
Grizfan-24 said:
Eddy Egun into the portal, sort of thought this was coming.

Very sorry to see Eddy leave. He always provided energy when he got the opportunity to play. Good luck to you, Eddy!

He was a high energy positive team guy. I wonder if Travis gave him a heads up on potential guys coming in through portal and he saw writing on the wall as far as playing time. Martin for certain would take minutes from him. Kid can play if he finds the right place that isn't so guard heavy. Good luck Eddy!

UncleRico said:
maroonandsilver said:
Very sorry to see Eddy leave. He always provided energy when he got the opportunity to play. Good luck to you, Eddy!

He was a high energy positive team guy. I wonder if Travis gave him a heads up on potential guys coming in through portal and he saw writing on the wall as far as playing time. Martin for certain would take minutes from him. Kid can play if he finds the right place that isn't so guard heavy. Good luck Eddy!

One of my favorites as well. I thought--and still think--he could be a star given the right situation. He can shoot from deep, get to the rim ( though often didn't finish), and is an above-average defender. He's athletic, and rebounded from the guard line.

I think too he was a victim of DeCuire's sometimes helter-skelter substitution patterns. He'd get big minutes one game, disappear the next.

Also: The end of a great story. How we found him the night UCLA cancelled out on us because of a wildfire. Was hoping we'd all live happily ever after.

And here's my top hope for next year. No idea if we're in on him or not:

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2021/apr/11/gonzaga-center-oumar-ballo-enters-transfer-portal/

Damn, NAU cleaning up in the portal. That’s their fourth pickup. Gonna look like a brad new team next season. And I hope the Griz get Ihenacho. He’s got a lot of offers, and it may be tough to pull him out of the Midwest, but that’d be great pickup.

Also I forgot to add this earlier. Eags now up to 8 players no longer with the team.
https://twitter.com/verbalcommits/status/1382073057624219648?s=21

Back