• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Cam Parker transfer portal

Griz til I die said:
ABQCat said:
Any news on this kid? Cats would take him in a heartbeat.
I think your chances are slim. He seems to be getting some pretty serious interest from bigger schools.

Only Minnesota is a "bigger" school really, and I don't believe that rumor for one second. He'd never get minutes at Minnesota. This is what comes with these "transfer" guys in the current climate. We poached him from Sacred Heart,so why be surprised when he looks to move on again? There's not the commitment to any program like there use to be. They only care about their own personal success, which I don't really blame them. I will never be a fan of the :"nstant-transfer" rule personally. It's really changing the whole landscape of D1.

HookedonGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
I think your gut is wrong.

With Beasley in the portal now do you still think my gut is wrong? Please enlighten us

Well, unless you have something more specific, I think your gut is wrong still. This was a bad roster and things weren't working. Changes were needed or it was going to be the same. I don't think there is a name that could enter the portal and surprise me. I won't be surprised if there are more. The landscape of college basketball has changed, and kids will leave for any reason now. I think this will be more the norm than the exception.

HelenaHandBasket said:
HookedonGriz said:
With Beasley in the portal now do you still think my gut is wrong? Please enlighten us

Well, unless you have something more specific, I think your gut is wrong still. This was a bad roster and things weren't working. Changes were needed or it was going to be the same. I don't think there is a name that could enter the portal and surprise me. I won't be surprised if there are more. The landscape of college basketball has changed, and kids will leave for any reason now. I think this will be more the norm than the exception.

Yes I agree the landscape has changed and yes it is much easier for kids to quit or move on now, but there still must be something going on in that locker room for Parker Owens and Beasley to all take off. I wasn’t shocked with Owens just because he didn’t get much playing time. These last two don’t make much sense.

HookedonGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Yes I agree the landscape has changed and yes it is much easier for kids to quit or move on now, but there still must be something going on in that locker room for Parker Owens and Beasley to all take off. I wasn’t shocked with Owens just because he didn’t get much playing time. These last two don’t make much sense.

I have heard that Parker wanted to explore other options for grad school, but of course your gut thinks differently.

HelenaHandBasket said:
HookedonGriz said:

I have heard that Parker wanted to explore other options for grad school, but of course your gut thinks differently.

Just when I think you’re not an absolute hippie-cu*t, you go and redeem yourself. Impressive.

HookedonGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Just when I think you’re not an absolute hippie-cu*t, you go and redeem yourself. Impressive.

You just keep being you hooked. Quite a fine example.

HelenaHandBasket said:
HookedonGriz said:

Or he got tired of playing 15 minutes one game and 30 the next...

rgrizfan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Or he got tired of playing 15 minutes one game and 30 the next...

If he wanted 30 minutes every game he could have stayed at Sacred Heart (ranked 325/358). Both his "record-breaking" games were a complete joke against non-legit teams. I'm not dissing him over all. I enjoyed watching him, but those 2 records deserve asterisks.

HelenaHandBasket said:
HookedonGriz said:
By the way, my gut was 100% correct. Parker wasn’t happy.

Which gut? I heard a week ago that he was going to PSU, to be closer to home.

The part where I said he’s leaving the Griz cause he’s not happy and something isn’t great. I was spot on. He left the Griz long before ha had a spot at PSU. He left because he had issues with the program.

HookedonGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

The part where I said he’s leaving the Griz cause he’s not happy and something isn’t great. I was spot on. He left the Griz long before ha had a spot at PSU. He left because he had issues with the program.

Is this another " I got some inside info and will come be vague on eGriz" post or just another "see, my gut assumption was correct" without really knowing if that is true type of post?

Honest question, whether he was personally happy or not, does it really matter? All types of college athletes are transferring for all types of different reasons.

HookedonGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

What were his issues with the program?

HelenaHandBasket said:
HookedonGriz said:

Is this another " I got some inside info and will come be vague on eGriz" post or just another "see, my gut assumption was correct" without really knowing if that is true type of post?

Yet more whining from you, that others aren't feeding information! How's that different than from the crap you're bitching about?

mtgrizrule said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Yet more whining from you, that others aren't feeding information! How's that different than from the crap you're bitching about?

Could care less if you share info. My point, why post vague statements? If you know why, either share or be quiet. If you don't, why post a wild ass guess?

Back