• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Carson Rostad to LB?

Jesse said:
Alaska Griz said:
I believe Graves is the only guy you mentioned who plays safety.
My point is you have all these athletes who are bigger and faster and they and have a 5-10 one hundred and nothing pounds playing there. Wasting talent from that recruiting class imho.
Doubtful anyone there that could make more than 129 tackles. Robertson is bigger, faster, made 72. You are an idiot. Robbie plays just like his uncle.

kemajic said:
Jesse said:
Curious how Robbie Hauck keeps his starting spot with guys like graves, Janacaro, Rostand, Turner and more, who are bigger, faster and more physical. I watched from the East stands as troy Anderson literally ran/stepped over the top of him for long gain in the epic second half meltdown of 2018. Just my opinion but we have better athletes who can better fill that spot.smh
Not curious at all; he's one of the leading tacklers in the BSC. Tackles 2019 Griz: Olson 179, Lewis 131, Hauck 129, Robertson 72. Once again your lack of football knowledge is exposed.
My football knowledge is spot on— he’s a legacy credited with more then his fair share of tackles for that reason alone, and the fact he piles on at the end of most every play. He’s small, slow and he takes terrible angles and well he just really isn’t that good. Take a look at Troy Andersons first touchdown run in 2018. He ran by RH like he was standing still. The guys I mentioned would fill the position better why not move some of them around to improve the defense. I’m just not into nepotism like you old boomer are. We need PR to decide this one for egriz. Why is RH starting over Graves at safety? Graves has him by 5 inches and 35 pounds and he’s also faster. His only failing is he’s just not related to him.

Ps that’s the problem he is not his uncle. You might want him to be, but he’s not cupcake and never will be. For a guy who claims to have played the game, one would think you would at acknowledge nepotism when you see it on the football field. Save the name calling for your wife sunshine.

Jesse said:
kemajic said:
Not curious at all; he's one of the leading tacklers in the BSC. Tackles 2019 Griz: Olson 179, Lewis 131, Hauck 129, Robertson 72. Once again your lack of football knowledge is exposed.
My football knowledge is spot on— he’s a legacy credited with more then his fair share of tackles for that reason alone, and the fact he piles on at the end of most every play. He’s small, slow and he takes terrible angles and well he just really isn’t that good. Take a look at Troy Andersons first touchdown run in 2018. He ran by RH like he was standing still. The guys I mentioned would fill the position better why not move some of them around to improve the defense. I’m just not into nepotism like you old boomer are. We need PR to decide this one for egriz. Why is RH starting over Graves at safety? Graves has him by 5 inches and 35 pounds and he’s also faster. His only failing is he’s just not related to him.

Ps that’s the problem he is not his uncle. You might want him to be, but he’s not cupcake and never will be. For a guy who claims to have played the game, one would think you would at acknowledge nepotism when you see it on the football field. Save the name calling for your wife sunshine.
Hauck was 2nd team all-BSC as a sophomore in 2019, and all you can come up with is an anecdote from his freshman season. His production is recognized by the league; that and his 129 tackles thoroughly trump your spot-on football knowledge. If your football knowledge was so spot-on, you might recognize there is more to being a top safety than size and speed. Graves will likely play a lot as he gains valuable experience, but Hauck will continue to anchor the safety crew. Maybe you're a butthurt Stitt man with such opinionated shade on Hauck.

Jesse said:
kemajic said:

Boy you really are stupid. PR was right.
You named a bunch of LBs.
Graves doesn’t even play the same position as RH. And at least name RH’s backup. Good grief what a dolt

kemajic said:
Jesse said:

Hauck was 2nd team all-BSC as a sophomore in 2019, and all you can come up with is an anecdote from his freshman season. His production is recognized by the league; that and his 129 tackles thoroughly trump your spot-on football knowledge. If your football knowledge was so spot-on, you might recognize there is more to being a top safety than size and speed. Graves will likely play a lot as he gains valuable experience, but Hauck will continue to anchor the safety crew. Maybe you're a butthurt Stitt man with such opinionated shade on Hauck.

Jesse, this is clearly a personal “issue” for you. Not sure if Coach Hauck rejected you at some point, but your argument is wrong on so many levels. The numbers for Robbie and his abilities have been recognized by the BSC and coaches in the conference who voted for him. Coach Hauck does not have that power! I know Coach Hauck a bit, not great, but can honestly say he is always going to play the best athlete at every position. Your nepotism argument is conjecture and doesn’t hold water.

kemajic said:
Jesse said:

Who is stitt? Does he play safety? :roll: Hauck couldn’t anchor a row boat. He is too small and slow to be effective and this team is loaded with stud athletes who are being wasted.

garizzalies said:
Jesse said:

Boy you really are stupid. PR was right.
You named a bunch of LBs.
Graves doesn’t even play the same position as RH. And at least name RH’s backup. Good grief what a dolt

Again, my point is if Rostad is getting moved to defense why not move him to safety? What is there a rule that only undersized guys play safety for the Griz. The players I named are just better athletes and aren’t being used. It’s easy to be a keyboard warrior and call people names if you don’t agree with them, kind of like piling on much like RB does to get his stats. He plays because of pedigree. Nothing more nothing less. The guys I named could all compete and play safety ahead of Hauck. Turner is a stud but will never play on offense. He should be an lb or safety. Boy you really don’t appear to have much reading comprehension. The thread is about Rostad being moved form offense to defense. So why not move him to safety? Because he would likely start, no?

Griz RTD said:
kemajic said:

Jesse, this is clearly a personal “issue” for you. Not sure if Coach Hauck rejected you at some point, but your argument is wrong on so many levels. The numbers for Robbie and his abilities have been recognized by the BSC and coaches in the conference who voted for him. Coach Hauck does not have that power! I know Coach Hauck a bit, not great, but can honestly say he is always going to play the best athlete at every position. Your nepotism argument is conjecture and doesn’t hold water.
I appreciate the civil response. I like Hauck too, but it is what it is. A coaching fraternity, they slap each other’s backs. His numbers are inflated because he has a skill for coming in late. He is too small and slow to cover and he gets run over and he takes poor angles and he can’t make it up with his speed and lack of size. My point is again why would you turn a qb into a linebacker. Braden Konkol and Rostad are the same size and konkol was a 2nd team all American for the cats. They were similar athletes. There is a lot of talent that is not playing and Safety is the defense’s weakest position. Does that make me an apostate?

With your “spot-on football knowledge”, let’s hear you name some more student athletes who should start over RH.

How ‘bout Gubner? He led the league in pics at one point. Good size and athletic. I also remember him tackling the Dillon kid once.

In all seriousness, the fact that you think size and athleticism are the top attributes for a good safety, only proves your lack of FB knowledge. PR had you pegged all along; you’ve obviously never played the game.

Jesse said:
kemajic said:

Lol. Name someone on the team Anderson DIDN’T “run by” in the last couple years.

Go ahead, I’ll wait.

Jesse said:
Alaska Griz said:
I believe Graves is the only guy you mentioned who plays safety.
My point is you have all these athletes who are bigger and faster and they and have a 5-10 one hundred and nothing pounds playing there. Wasting talent from that recruiting class imho.

If all it took was being big and fast then Ussain Bolt would be a safety.

I think Bobby has demonstrated over the years that he has more than a little knowledge on how to utilize the talent that he has on his team (and staff). But hey, maybe that's just me. Why don't you see if you can schedule some time with him and explain your thoughts on his shortcomings in this area. Ask him to justify his decisions or maybe convince you to see it from his point of view. He'll be waiting at the "M" for you to present your case.

Jesse said:
SaskGriz said:
The Griz play with 3 safeties.
Curious how Robbie Hauck keeps his starting spot with guys like graves, Janacaro, Rostand, Turner and more, who are bigger, faster and more physical. I watched from the East stands as troy Anderson literally ran/stepped over the top of him for long gain in the epic second half meltdown of 2018. Just my opinion but we have better athletes who can better fill that spot.smh

Good grief. Do you even watch Griz Football? RH could easily find himself in the mix for BSC defensive player of the year.

What's the name of the gal he stole from you?

Jesse said:
kemajic said:

Such a garbage post. I have no words...

garizzalies said:
With your “spot-on football knowledge”, let’s hear you name some more student athletes who should start over RH.

How ‘bout Gubner? He led the league in pics at one point. Good size and athletic. I also remember him tackling the Dillon kid once.

In all seriousness, the fact that you think size and athleticism are the top attributes for a good safety, only proves your lack of FB knowledge. PR had you pegged all along; you’ve obviously never played the game.

Gubner has more pics then RH, but he would probably have to drop some weight to beat him out at safety. What are you PR’s fluffer?

Look at all the safeties who washed out in just the last few years under Coach Hauck. It’s a staggering amount. I think 5-6 since they last laced ‘em up. Seriously, ‘bama, Hooked, or maybe Payton, can you or someone respectable look this up?

People think players can just get plugged into that position. [*People who don’t know crap about it] Reality is, it is one of the toughest positions and takes a special breed

AZGrizFan said:
Jesse said:

If all it took was being big and fast then Ussain Bolt would be a safety.

It takes more then that if your last name isnt the same as the ball coach. Lol

Jesse said:
SaskGriz said:
The Griz play with 3 safeties.
Sorry Jesse but legit Sunday afternoon question...Are you high? Hauck is going to end his career in the top 5 tacklers in Griz history! You think that's nepotism? To quote the great philosopher Charles Barkley "C'mon Man."

garizzalies said:
Look at all the safeties who washed out in just the last few years under Coach Hauck. It’s a staggering amount. I think 5-6 since they last laced ‘em up. Seriously, ‘bama, Hooked, or maybe Payton, can you or someone respectable look this up?

People think players can just get plugged into that position. [*People who don’t know crap about it] Reality is, it is one of the toughest positions and takes a special breed

You mean the Hauck breed? :roll: Get over yourself and get back to servicing PR. Thanks

SaskGriz said:
Jesse said:
Sorry Jesse but legit Sunday afternoon question...Are you high? Hauck is going to end his career in the top 5 tacklers in Griz history! You think that's nepotism? To quote the great philosopher Charles Barkley "C'mon Man."
Weed is now perfectly legal every day of the week Sask :thumb:

Back