• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Carson Rostad to LB?

CDAGRIZ said:
I think I know what you were attempting to accomplish with this whole thing, Jesse. But, sometimes, the bit doesn’t land and you have to move on to something else. Air travel and doctor visits are usually good places to start with brainstorming.

Sometimes it’s best to just let go of the rope.

Jesse said:
garizzalies said:
Again, you think RH is slow? Is Rostad faster than RH? You keep repeating it so it sounds like you’re sure; must have seen some of the races at practice, huh?
Who should be returning punts in front of RH? Let’s hear some more names, Spotty. I always thought punt returners needed ice water in their veins. A special kind of special breed so to speak, and smart/trustworthy with that FB sense. Maybe Gubner? He’s got great hands and size.
After being called out, you double-down, lie, and when that doesn’t work, you switch to homophobia jokes. Wow. PR must be right. He is a good judge of character and he knows a loser when he sees one

Dude let it go. RH is guaranteed to start at safety the next two years we get it. What’s the homophobia joke, pegging? Didn’t you say PR pegged me first? Lol tell us more about ice water in the veins and how it runs in his family and he might not be fast but he has that football instinct that makes up for all his physical shortcomings and he plays for his dad so he’s just like a coach on the field, and he has his trust and you can’t his coach instinct or football savvy blah blah blah blah. Can hardly wait until PR weighs in tomorrow morning should be a real treat to hear how he played the game again. You two should save it for your dms. And I’m tripling down smart guy because I’m spot on again right? Oh and I don’t think PR has ever seen me. He didn’t show up for the beat down. Lol
How’s that hangover feeling today, Spot?
This is now your third homophobic joke in this thread and all of them missed.
Who was saying RH “might not be fast”? Nice backtrack, loser.
Let’s hear more about that one time you went to a game three years ago and saw two missed tackles against the best RB in the league. Be sure to cite that as your only basis for your argument in the email to Bobby and please cc us on his response.
PR would hold your face down and rub your nose into the bar with a half-Nelson while he finished his beer and double-pepper jack with his other hand. You probably have never even been to The Mo, and if so, where do you think those marks in the bar came from?

garizzalies said:
Jesse said:
Dude let it go. RH is guaranteed to start at safety the next two years we get it. What’s the homophobia joke, pegging? Didn’t you say PR pegged me first? Lol tell us more about ice water in the veins and how it runs in his family and he might not be fast but he has that football instinct that makes up for all his physical shortcomings and he plays for his dad so he’s just like a coach on the field, and he has his trust and you can’t his coach instinct or football savvy blah blah blah blah. Can hardly wait until PR weighs in tomorrow morning should be a real treat to hear how he played the game again. You two should save it for your dms. And I’m tripling down smart guy because I’m spot on again right? Oh and I don’t think PR has ever seen me. He didn’t show up for the beat down. Lol
Let’s hear more about that one time you went to a game three years ago and saw two missed tackles against the best RB in the league. Be sure to cite that as your only basis for your argument in the email to Bobby and please cc us on his response.
PR would hold your face down and rub your nose into the bar with a half-Nelson while he finished his beer and double-pepper jack with his other hand. You probably have never even been to The Mo, and if so, where do you think those marks in the bar came from?

Actually Anderson was playing quarterback not running back that game which makes it worse, especially on the td right before the half. That play changed the momentum of the entire game and it was the safety’s play to make. If he had stayed home and read the play rather then reacting to the fake, the play would have been strung out and stopped which would have forced a field goal. Problem was he couldn’t make up the terrible angle with his lack of speed, range and athleticism and his mistake on the goal line with seconds to play in the half changed the entire game.
Wow struck a nerve without really trying, I get it now you love RH unconditionally. I think he is just too small and slow to start over bigger, faster, stronger and more athletic guys who are not being used. Your obsession with PR is disturbing though. Did you not play the game so you just draft off of PR’s self proclaimed football prowess? Here let me end this futile discussion so you can crawl back into your man cave and do what ever it is you do:

“Robbie Hauck is the warmest, kindest most wonderful safety to play for the Griz since his uncle back in the 80’s, who was a legend, as surely will Robbie be, it’s his density. He’s fast enough, big enough and dog gone it people love him.” Jesse, June 15, 2021

Ps. Drop it and move on to another futile opinion based topic like does RH qualify for the Jersey because he’s not a native. (Maybe he was conceived here that might be a solid argument to make) To all haters I’m letting go of the rope (thanks Ursa) so to speak and don’t wish to belabor the obvious to the casual observers who don’t often voice their opinions because of the over reaction of the kool aid drinkers. Go Griz and Go RH (work on your fundamentals though, play within your physical skill set and take take better angles)

Rostad to Defense was predicted years ago by Fanofzoo and myself (sorry if I'm am missing anybody).

He'll be great there.

Jesse said:
kemajic said:
Not curious at all; he's one of the leading tacklers in the BSC. Tackles 2019 Griz: Olson 179, Lewis 131, Hauck 129, Robertson 72. Once again your lack of football knowledge is exposed.
My football knowledge is spot on— he’s a legacy credited with more then his fair share of tackles for that reason alone, and the fact he piles on at the end of most every play. He’s small, slow and he takes terrible angles and well he just really isn’t that good. Take a look at Troy Andersons first touchdown run in 2018. He ran by RH like he was standing still. The guys I mentioned would fill the position better why not move some of them around to improve the defense. I’m just not into nepotism like you old boomer are. We need PR to decide this one for egriz. Why is RH starting over Graves at safety? Graves has him by 5 inches and 35 pounds and he’s also faster. His only failing is he’s just not related to him.

Ps that’s the problem he is not his uncle. You might want him to be, but he’s not cupcake and never will be. For a guy who claims to have played the game, one would think you would at acknowledge nepotism when you see it on the football field. Save the name calling for your wife sunshine.

A sprint champion ran by a Griz safety?! 😱. Say it isn't so. 😆😂🤣

Jesse said:
garizzalies said:

Actually Anderson was playing quarterback not running back that game which makes it worse, especially on the td right before the half. That play changed the momentum of the entire game and it was the safety’s play to make. If he had stayed home and read the play rather then reacting to the fake, the play would have been strung out and stopped which would have forced a field goal. Problem was he couldn’t make up the terrible angle with his lack of speed, range and athleticism and his mistake on the goal line with seconds to play in the half changed the entire game.
Wow struck a nerve without really trying, I get it now you love RH unconditionally. I think he is just too small and slow to start over bigger, faster, stronger and more athletic guys who are not being used. Your obsession with PR is disturbing though. Did you not play the game so you just draft off of PR’s self proclaimed football prowess? Here let me end this futile discussion so you can crawl back into your man cave and do what ever it is you do:

“Robbie Hauck is the warmest, kindest most wonderful safety to play for the Griz since his uncle back in the 80’s, who was a legend, as surely will Robbie be, it’s his density. He’s fast enough, big enough and dog gone it people love him.” Jesse, June 15, 2021

Ps. Drop it and move on to another futile opinion based topic like does RH qualify for the Jersey because he’s not a native. (Maybe he was conceived here that might be a solid argument to make) To all haters I’m letting go of the rope (thanks Ursa) so to speak and don’t wish to belabor the obvious to the casual observers who don’t often voice their opinions because of the over reaction of the kool aid drinkers. Go Griz and Go RH (work on your fundamentals though, play within your physical skill set and take take better angles)
No please don’t drop it I am enjoying the hell out of this, and would like to hear more about the two missed tackles. Please remember to put your above “analysis” of the two missed tackles in your email to Coach Hauck.
You seem much more coherent today. Too much sun yesterday? I actually like it better when you’re all fueled up.
Also, you’ve said this like five times now, but you never answered the question: who do you think is “faster” than RH? I’ve asked multiple times now and you keep ducking, deflecting, or simply lying which is your M.O. as PR would so astutely confirm

Jesse said:
Ps. Drop it and move on to another futile opinion based topic like does RH qualify for the Jersey because he’s not a native. (Maybe he was conceived here that might be a solid argument to make)
That one's pretty simple; Hauck didn't play his HS football in MT; #37 will be Jace Lewis - if it's maintained.

But nice deep dive into your anecdote regarding a mistake made by a freshman safety, who made 2nd team all-BSC his sophomore year. More accolades coming as he matures.

kemajic said:
Jesse said:
Ps. Drop it and move on to another futile opinion based topic like does RH qualify for the Jersey because he’s not a native. (Maybe he was conceived here that might be a solid argument to make)
That one's pretty simple; Hauck didn't play his HS football in MT; #37 will be Jace Lewis - if it's maintained.

But nice deep dive into your anecdote regarding a mistake made by a freshman safety, who made 2nd team all-BSC his sophomore year. More accolades coming as he matures.
Thanks for giving props to my deep dive, I think. Lol. I’m for RH wearing the jersey because will he is the heir apparent right, it makes a great narrative/human interest story for the school. (I also think that the number 37 will make him appear bigger and faster and more athletic then 17).

Jesse said:
kemajic said:

Thanks for giving props to my deep dive, I think. Lol. I’m for RH wearing the jersey because will he is the heir apparent right, it makes a great narrative/human interest story for the school. (I also think that the number 37 will make him appear bigger and faster and more athletic then 17).

So other than 37, which numbers are bigger, faster, and more athletic?

HelenaHandBasket said:
Jesse said:

It was an attempt at jocularity. Apparently none too much appreciated though. Tough crowd. To appease the masses I heard that sulser has lost a step due to the surgery and next fastest man is up to return punts and his name is RH. He’s faster then sulser now or so I have been told by a very reliable inside source and also that ice water runs through his veins or something like that.

IntuitiveGriz said:
Rostad to Defense was predicted years ago by Fanofzoo and myself (sorry if I'm am missing anybody).

He'll be great there.

Rostad reminds me a bit of Todd Ericson size and athleticism. He will make an outstanding safety for the Griz. You and fan zoo were spot on.

Jesse said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
It was an attempt at jocularity. Apparently none too much appreciated though. Tough crowd. To appease the masses I heard that sulser has lost a step due to the surgery and next fastest man is up to return punts and his name is RH. He’s faster then sulser now or so I have been told by a very reliable inside source and also that ice water runs through his veins or something like that.

So 37>17>7.....is someone writing this stuff down?

Jesse said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

I wasn’t going to weigh in on this as it’s clearly no longer about Carson Rostad, but you have now bled Robby Hauck to death. Pretty tiring and sad to read some of the things you have written about him when you clearly do not comprehend the incredible athlete he really is…even with his shorter stature. With that said and regarding Gabe Sulser, I have no idea who your inside source is, they do not know what they are talking about. Gabe’s father, Mark, is one of my dearest friends. Trust me, the ACL repair Dr. Bentley did was done perfectly. Gabe has lived in the weight room and his 40 has dropped. So please stop lying about things you know nothing about. Do not start running another stellar Griz athlete down. The things being said by you are not true, correct, and are frankly sad as these boys cannot defend themselves from your blatant slanderous attacks.

406 Grizzly said:
Jesse said:

I wasn’t going to weigh in on this as it’s clearly no longer about Carson Rostad, but you have now bled Robby Hauck to death. Pretty tiring and sad to read some of the things you have written about him when you clearly do not comprehend the incredible athlete he really is…even with his shorter stature. With that said and regarding Gabe Sulser, I have no idea who your inside source is, they do not know what they are talking about. Gabe’s father, Mark, is one of my dearest friends. Trust me, the ACL repair Dr. Bentley did was done perfectly. Gabe has lived in the weight room and his 40 has dropped. So please stop lying about things you know nothing about. Do not start running another stellar Griz athlete down. The things being said by you are not true, correct, and are frankly sad as these boys cannot defend themselves from your blatant slanderous attacks.

Remember this is just an anonymous offseason message board that doesn’t pull much weight in the real world, and should not be taken too seriously by players or fans. My apologies to you and your friend and his son if my comments were found to be hurtful that was not my intent.

AZGrizFan said:
AZGrizFan said:
Still waiting…… :cool:

Still waiting.

And still waiting…..he’s responded to every other post multiple times…but for some reason can’t find the time to list the players that Anderson DIDN’T run by….would rather blame the entire loss (and probably 2019’s too) on RH.

Class move, Jesse.

Jesse said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Anyone at the spring games could tell Sulser has not lost a step. He's going to have a huge year.

AZGrizFan said:
AZGrizFan said:
Still waiting.

And still waiting…..he’s responded to every other post multiple times…but for some reason can’t find the time to list the players that Anderson DIDN’T run by….would rather blame the entire loss (and probably 2019’s too) on RH.

Class move, Jesse.

Coming from you I take that as a compliment. Again you do realize this is an anonymous offseason message board full opinions. I didn’t follow MSUs other games so I can’t give you a rundown re Anderson, maybe you can fill us in. My original comment was that if Rostad is moving to the defense it should be to play safety based upon his high school record, 2 time all state at safety and qb, montana Gatorade athlete of the year. He has talent and speed and size and a gamer mentality lets not waste it in my opinion. Move him to safety and let the chips fall and give him a chance to compete at his most natural position on defense, but probably won’t happen. Disagree with me I really don’t care. I like my safety’s to be bigger and faster then the other teams offensive weapons. I have watched enough of RH getting beat to realized he isn’t that. Again just my opinion.

SaskGriz said:
hunt-ducks said:
I have been a big fan of his since his great high school years. I am friends with a coach whose team played Carson's in high school, and he thinks Carson will become a great college player, if Bobby can place him in the right position. Kinda like Graves, an incredible talent trying to find a position. We seem to be too deep at the safety position, when only two of them can play at one time. So much untapped talent riding the pines. Carson has the physical build to put on another 15-20 lbs and move to LB, where I think he could be great. We'll see how it all plays-out.
The Griz play with 3 safeties.

Two traditional safeties, an a Swiss Army Knife "safety"

Back