• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Carson Rostad to LB?

Jesse said:
garizzalies said:
Look at all the safeties who washed out in just the last few years under Coach Hauck. It’s a staggering amount. I think 5-6 since they last laced ‘em up. Seriously, ‘bama, Hooked, or maybe Payton, can you or someone respectable look this up?

People think players can just get plugged into that position. [*People who don’t know crap about it] Reality is, it is one of the toughest positions and takes a special breed

You mean the Hauck breed? :roll: Get over yourself and get back to servicing PR. Thanks
If you would have come one here and proclaimed that RH’s backup should be starting, or the 3rd string at that position, or even the 4th, 5th, etc., you would not have heard a peep from me.

But, no, your dumbass starts throwing out random names from random, other positions, and when called on it, you doubled-down and cited your “spot-on” FB knowledge. :lol:

You set out to disrespect RH/BH but you’re so dumb you don’t even realize you disrespected all of those players behind him, too.

Oh I almost forgot, in addition to citing your “spot-on” FB knowledge, you also cited one time when a tackle was missed. :clap:

garizzalies said:
Jesse said:
You mean the Hauck breed? :roll: Get over yourself and get back to servicing PR. Thanks
If you would have come one here and proclaimed that RH’s backup should be starting, or the 3rd string at that position, or even the 4th, 5th, etc., you would not have heard a peep from me.

But, no, your dumbass starts throwing out random names from random, other positions, and when called on it, you doubled-down and cited your “spot-on” FB knowledge. :lol:

You set out to disrespect RH/BH but you’re so dumb you don’t even realize you disrespected all of those players behind him, too.

Well this thread was about Rostad being moved to defense, right? I believe if they move him it should be to safety. So I disrespected the fellas huh? Get a life I’m sure they are thinking the same thing about who starts ahead of them, they just can’t voice an opinion.

Jesse said:
SaskGriz said:
Sorry Jesse but legit Sunday afternoon question...Are you high? Hauck is going to end his career in the top 5 tacklers in Griz history! You think that's nepotism? To quote the great philosopher Charles Barkley "C'mon Man."
Weed is now perfectly legal every day of the week Sask :thumb:
Cute response, probably score some points somewhere down the line. Seriously though, you didn't address the question; do you think Robby Hauck has his position out of nepotism?

SaskGriz said:
Jesse said:
Weed is now perfectly legal every day of the week Sask :thumb:
Cute response, probably score some points somewhere down the line. Seriously though, you didn't address the question; do you think Robby Hauck has his position out of nepotism?
I question him starting over guys who are bigger, faster and more athletic. It’s the curse of being a coach’s kids playing at any level, it gets questioned. RH is a tough kid but I don’t believe he should be starting or playing every down. Ever wonder why you don’t see it in the NFL, because it’s a business and well they can’t afford to play favorites.

Jesse said:
garizzalies said:

Well this thread was about Rostad being moved to defense, right? I believe if they move him it should be to safety. So I disrespected the fellas huh? Get a life I’m sure they are thinking the same thing about who starts ahead of them, they just can’t voice an opinion.
Again, if you just took a level approach that some player should be moved to some position, great. But that’s not at all what you did. Do you lie to impress people?

You keep claiming some LB or offensive player who never played the position at the collegiate level should be “starting” over a player with BSC honors and, to quote Jalen, who has put it on wax. That’s just ridiculously dumb. Do you even know the name of the position?

So, Mr. spot-on, now that you answered Sask’s nepotism question, you still have not answered mine: who should be staring over RH? Let’s see your lineup

Jesse said:
SaskGriz said:
I question him starting over guys who are bigger, faster and more athletic. It’s the curse of being a coach’s kids playing at any level, it gets questioned. RH is a tough kid but I don’t believe he should be starting or playing every down. Ever wonder why you don’t see it in the NFL, because it’s a business and well they can’t afford to play favorites.

Anyone playing that position in this defense is supposed to make a lot of tackles thats how its designed. His Dad is the coach for the second time, uncle is a legend and I will predict he wears 37 for the next two years. It’s a great narrative for the school, sure. But he gets beat on routes, he’s takes bad angles and isn’t athletic enough to get away with that. It works because they are winning, but if they weren’t I wouldn’t be the only one saying. Rostad played safety in high schoolwhy not move him there and let him compete against RH, or not.

garizzalies said:
Jesse said:
Again, if you just took a level approach that some player should be moved to some position, great. But that’s not at all what you did. Do you lie to impress people?

You keep claiming some LB or offensive player who never played the position at the collegiate level should be “starting” over a player with BSC honors and, to quote Jalen, who has put it on wax. That’s just ridiculously dumb. Do you even know the name of the position?

So, Mr. spot-on, now that you answered Sask’s nepotism question, you still have not answered mine: who should be staring over RH? Let’s see your lineup

Lie to impress people? What the fuck are you talking about. Again my point is if Rostad, one of the most athletic players on the team is getting moved from offense to defense it should be to safety to replace a slower smaller less athletic hauck, ok? I think graves should be playing in front of him also. As to janacro and turner I believe they would perform better then RH at the position because they are just as tough but are bigger faster and more athletic. It’s my opinion that’s how most sports work, the bigger faster athletes find a place to play and are capable of being moved around to different positions. RH not so much, and his bsc honors have nothing to do with his name right?

AZGrizFan said:
Jesse said:
My football knowledge is spot on— he’s a legacy credited with more then his fair share of tackles for that reason alone, and the fact he piles on at the end of most every play. He’s small, slow and he takes terrible angles and well he just really isn’t that good. Take a look at Troy Andersons first touchdown run in 2018. He ran by RH like he was standing still. The guys I mentioned would fill the position better why not move some of them around to improve the defense. I’m just not into nepotism like you old boomer are. We need PR to decide this one for egriz. Why is RH starting over Graves at safety? Graves has him by 5 inches and 35 pounds and he’s also faster. His only failing is he’s just not related to him.

Ps that’s the problem he is not his uncle. You might want him to be, but he’s not cupcake and never will be. For a guy who claims to have played the game, one would think you would at acknowledge nepotism when you see it on the football field. Save the name calling for your wife sunshine.

Lol. Name someone on the team Anderson DIDN’T “run by” in the last couple years.

Go ahead, I’ll wait.

Still waiting…… :cool:

Jesse said:
garizzalies said:

Lie to impress people? What the [#]f### are you talking about. Again my point is if Rostad, one of the most athletic players on the team is getting moved from offense to defense it should be to safety to replace a slower smaller less athletic hauck, ok? I think graves should be playing in front of him also. As to janacro and turner I believe they would perform better then RH at the position because they are just as tough but are bigger faster and more athletic. It’s my opinion that’s how most sports work, the bigger faster athletes find a place to play and are capable of being moved around to different positions. RH not so much, and his bsc honors have nothing to do with his name right?
I’m talking about how you’re a chronic liar, and double-down when caught, and how PR had you pegged since day one.

You think RH is slow? Who is the backup punt returner? Are punt returners sometimes safeties? Why is that?

So your lineup would be Rostad, Graves, Janacaro, then Turner? Why are none of those players currently competing against RH? Maybe send Bobby an email, and cite your spot-on knowledge and one missed tackle. And please come back and post his response.

I think I know what you were attempting to accomplish with this whole thing, Jesse. But, sometimes, the bit doesn’t land and you have to move on to something else. Air travel and doctor visits are usually good places to start with brainstorming.

Jesse said:
garizzalies said:

You're right, that's why these clowns are roasting you so hard. Take it as a compliment considering the sources here.

garizzalies said:
Jesse said:
Lie to impress people? What the [#]f### are you talking about. Again my point is if Rostad, one of the most athletic players on the team is getting moved from offense to defense it should be to safety to replace a slower smaller less athletic hauck, ok? I think graves should be playing in front of him also. As to janacro and turner I believe they would perform better then RH at the position because they are just as tough but are bigger faster and more athletic. It’s my opinion that’s how most sports work, the bigger faster athletes find a place to play and are capable of being moved around to different positions. RH not so much, and his bsc honors have nothing to do with his name right?
I’m talking about how you’re a chronic liar, and double-down when caught, and how PR had you pegged since day one.

You think RH is slow? Who is the backup punt returner? Are punt returners sometimes safeties? Why is that?

So your lineup would be Rostad, Graves, Janacaro, then Turner? Why are none of those players currently competing against RH? Maybe send Bobby an email, and cite your spot-on knowledge and one missed tackle. And please come back and post his response.

Do you have a crush on Hauck like PR? Smh RH plays because of who he is right now. My point was to move Rostad to safety and have him compete as a bigger, faster more athletic, two time all state safety against RH. If that offends your sensibilities then too bad. I want the best players playing at any given position that gives the Griz the best chance of winning. And yeah there are a lot of guys who should be returning punts in front of RH. It’s the age old plight of the son playing for dad, it just always has an appearance of nepotism and always will. Chorionic liar? You mean PR right, and It sounds more like Pr pegged you and you like it. Go the fuck away.

Jesse said:
garizzalies said:

Do you have a crush on Hauck like PR? Smh RH plays because of who he is right now. My point was to move Rostad to safety and have him compete as a bigger, faster more athletic, two time all state safety against RH. If that offends your sensibilities then too bad. I want the best players playing at any given position that gives the Griz the best chance of winning. And yeah there are a lot of guys who should be returning punts in front of RH. It’s the age old plight of the son playing for dad, it just always has an appearance of nepotism and always will. Chorionic liar? You mean PR right, and It sounds more like Pr pegged you and you like it. Go the [#]f### away.

If I remember correctly there was another Hauck that played quite a few years ago, don't remember him being the biggest, fastest, or most athletic. How did that turn out?

garizzalies said:
Oh I almost forgot, in addition to citing your “spot-on” FB knowledge, you also cited one time when a tackle was missed. :clap:

Actually I cited two times he missed, Anderson’s first touchdown run just before the half and then his long run in the second half. Took terrible angles and got beat badly.

Jesse said:
garizzalies said:

Do you have a crush on Hauck like PR? Smh RH plays because of who he is right now. My point was to move Rostad to safety and have him compete as a bigger, faster more athletic, two time all state safety against RH. If that offends your sensibilities then too bad. I want the best players playing at any given position that gives the Griz the best chance of winning. And yeah there are a lot of guys who should be returning punts in front of RH. It’s the age old plight of the son playing for dad, it just always has an appearance of nepotism and always will. Chorionic liar? You mean PR right, and It sounds more like Pr pegged you and you like it. Go the [#]f### away.
Again, you think RH is slow? Is Rostad faster than RH? You keep repeating it so it sounds like you’re sure; must have seen some of the races at practice, huh?
Who should be returning punts in front of RH? Let’s hear some more names, Spotty. I always thought punt returners needed ice water in their veins. A special kind of special breed so to speak, and smart/trustworthy with that FB sense. Maybe Gubner? He’s got great hands and size.
After being called out, you double-down, lie, and when that doesn’t work, you switch to homophobia jokes. Wow. PR must be right. He is a good judge of character and he knows a loser when he sees one

garizzalies said:
Jesse said:
Again, you think RH is slow? Is Rostad faster than RH? You keep repeating it so it sounds like you’re sure; must have seen some of the races at practice, huh?
Who should be returning punts in front of RH? Let’s hear some more names, Spotty. I always thought punt returners needed ice water in their veins. A special kind of special breed so to speak, and smart/trustworthy with that FB sense. Maybe Gubner? He’s got great hands and size.
After being called out, you double-down, lie, and when that doesn’t work, you switch to homophobia jokes. Wow. PR must be right. He is a good judge of character and he knows a loser when he sees one

Dude let it go. RH is guaranteed to start at safety the next two years we get it. What’s the homophobia joke, pegging? Didn’t you say PR pegged me first? Lol tell us more about ice water in the veins and how it runs in his family and he might not be fast but he has that football instinct that makes up for all his physical shortcomings and he plays for his dad so he’s just like a coach on the field, and he has his trust and you can’t his coach instinct or football savvy blah blah blah blah. Can hardly wait until PR weighs in tomorrow morning should be a real treat to hear how he played the game again. You two should save it for your dms. And I’m tripling down smart guy because I’m spot on again right? Oh and I don’t think PR has ever seen me. He didn’t show up for the beat down. Lol

Back