• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Cats regular season predictions

SACCAT66 said:
Ursa Major said:
Don’t forget the rice cakes.

Can't believe I have to do this AGAIN!!!

1) We have lost 3 players to other Big sky Schools...BUT 2 or the 3 went to Idaho State, so is that REALLY considered a Big Sky School? (Other went to Sac State, so again...)

2) Our Best QB is still on the roster, our best player on O is still in the backfield, losing the recruiter hurt and so did loosing Connor Wood, and nobody knows who the best recruit will be... I think the best in the state is still coming to MSU... What do I know though, I only cover High School AA sports

3) BBq's have always been Pot Luck style, so "Sixxx" is only really in charge of the main dish. Pasta is considered a side dish, and most of the MILF camp goers are really watching their carb intake, so not a lot of it. They normally go with salads from Farmacy, or maybe even splurge a little and go with the Burn Ends from Smoke Fire and Coal... Rice cakes are a no-no, BUT can be offered if the hummus is made from scratch or by one of the 5 different hummus stores in town (yep, we have at least 5 different hummus places in Bozeman)... Renting a picnic space in Bozeman has really become a challenge though, as rent here is about $500 an hour for any space bigger than a closet.

I should’ve known Bobcats would do pot lucks. “Hey guys, come hang out with me and bring all the food too.” Just lazy. Grow up and treat your guests as guests.

Do you think the great Ron Ash would invite a ton or people over and not make his strawberry burrata salad? Would Choach invite a group without deep frying his hand-breaded Flamin’ Hot Cheeto crusted baby backs in avocado oil and Mountain Dew Code Red? Suddenly, Sixx rolls in and wants everybody to do the work for him. Despicable.

Ursa Major said:

Wouldn’t having a prized recruit who sets foot on campus and then decides to go to your biggest conference rival count as yet another defection to a conference foe?
Damn right; good catch. That makes at least 4. I swear there is one we are forgetting, too. It’s a regrettable record which may never be broken in the BSC.
Sometimes a team loses a player to naia and they say, “he wasn’t good enough for the BSC”.
Sometimes a team loses a player to FBS and they say, “he was too good for the BSC.”
What do they say when 5 players go to conference foes? “We didn’t want them anyway” :lol: :lol:

garizzalies said:
Ursa Major said:
Wouldn’t having a prized recruit who sets foot on campus and then decides to go to your biggest conference rival count as yet another defection to a conference foe?
Damn right; good catch. That makes at least 4. I swear there is one we are forgetting, too. It’s a regrettable record which may never be broken in the BSC.
Sometimes a team loses a player to naia and they say, “he wasn’t good enough for the BSC”.
Sometimes a team loses a player to FBS and they say, “he was too good for the BSC.”
What do they say when 5 players go to conference foes? “We didn’t want them anyway” :lol: :lol:

They just lie and say, "Really it was only like 3. And you can't count [player1] because he wanted to be closer to home. And you really can't count [player2] either because he wanted to play [position] instead of [other position]. And [player3] had a bad attitude and wasn't "buying in". Really we didn't lose anyone." This is the way of the Bobcat mind. It is known.

CDAGRIZ said:
SACCAT66 said:
Can't believe I have to do this AGAIN!!!

1) We have lost 3 players to other Big sky Schools...BUT 2 or the 3 went to Idaho State, so is that REALLY considered a Big Sky School? (Other went to Sac State, so again...)

2) Our Best QB is still on the roster, our best player on O is still in the backfield, losing the recruiter hurt and so did loosing Connor Wood, and nobody knows who the best recruit will be... I think the best in the state is still coming to MSU... What do I know though, I only cover High School AA sports

3) BBq's have always been Pot Luck style, so "Sixxx" is only really in charge of the main dish. Pasta is considered a side dish, and most of the MILF camp goers are really watching their carb intake, so not a lot of it. They normally go with salads from Farmacy, or maybe even splurge a little and go with the Burn Ends from Smoke Fire and Coal... Rice cakes are a no-no, BUT can be offered if the hummus is made from scratch or by one of the 5 different hummus stores in town (yep, we have at least 5 different hummus places in Bozeman)... Renting a picnic space in Bozeman has really become a challenge though, as rent here is about $500 an hour for any space bigger than a closet.

I should’ve known Bobcats would do pot lucks. “Hey guys, come hang out with me and bring all the food too.” Just lazy. Grow up and treat your guests as guests.

Do you think the great Ron Ash would invite a ton or people over and not make his strawberry burrata salad? Would Choach invite a group without deep frying his hand-breaded Flamin’ Hot Cheeto crusted baby backs in avocado oil and Mountain Dew Code Red? Suddenly, Sixx rolls in and wants everybody to do the work for him. Despicable.

I think this has a lot to do with cultural issues. In NoDak, it’s customary for Honeybear, or any other host/hostess, to just provide a couple dozen deviled eggs and let the guests do the heavy lifting as far as bringing the food people actually eat.

Ms. Maroon wrote a compelling book describing the many peculiar dietary customs of the region, entitled, The Feeding Habits of the Dakota 4:. I believe it was a part of her, The Masochistic Epicurean series of books.

The deviled egg requirement is under the chapter entitled: Picnics and Barn Raisings. it’s sandwiched between the chapters covering green jello and casseroles.

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I think this has a lot to do with cultural issues. In NoDak, it’s customary for Honeybear, or any other host/hostess, to just provide a couple dozen deviled eggs and let the guests do the heavy lifting as far as bringing the food people actually eat.

Ms. Maroon wrote a compelling book describing the many peculiar dietary customs of the region, entitled, The Feeding Habits of the Dakota 4:. I believe it was a part of her, The Masochistic Epicurean series of books.

The deviled egg requirement is under the chapter entitled: Picnics and Barn Raisings. it’s sandwiched between the chapters covering green jello and casseroles.

Thank you for this, Ursa. Now I feel like an uneducated dunce. I really need to pick up a copy of Ms. Maroon's book. Does she by any chance cover the phenomenon of Tater Tot Hotdish? There's apparently this thing where NoDakkers put tater tots and various leftovers in a dish and then make the dish hot. The dish is hot, which is why they call it "Hotdish". They then sloppily ladle the contents of the dish down their throats until only the dish (which may or not still be hot) remains.

From Wiki: "Hotdish is cooked in a single baking dish, and served hot (per its name). It commonly appears at communal gatherings such as family reunions, potlucks, and church suppers." (emphasis added) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hotdish

I've also gathered that they lay claim to the traditional tortilla, but they call it something like "Lefftsy". Sometimes, they put meat and cheese in the lefftsy and then eat it with a topping of what they call "chunky red sauce". They haven't developed a name for this varietal as of yet, but everyone knows it's only available in the Dakotas. Many NoDaks have accused those in the Southwestern United States of "cultural appropriation" for attempting to develop and utilize this truly unique food delivery system. It reminds me somewhat of the NYC "buttered roll" which, clearly, only exists in NYC. The NYT published a fascinating story on the "buttered roll" in 2017, detailing how a piece of bread with, stay with me here, butter on it cannot be found outside of the the NYC Metro Area. And then, they all smelled their own farts.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/01/dining/buttered-roll-new-york.html

CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:

Thank you for this, Ursa. Now I feel like an uneducated dunce. I really need to pick up a copy of Ms. Maroon's book. Does she by any chance cover the phenomenon of Tater Tot Hotdish? There's apparently this thing where NoDakkers put tater tots and various leftovers in a dish and then make the dish hot. The dish is hot, which is why they call it "Hotdish". They then sloppily ladle the contents of the dish down their throats until only the dish (which may or not still be hot) remains.

From Wiki: "Hotdish is cooked in a single baking dish, and served hot (per its name). It commonly appears at communal gatherings such as family reunions, potlucks, and church suppers." (emphasis added) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hotdish

I've also gathered that they lay claim to the traditional tortilla, but they call it something like "Lefftsy". Sometimes, they put meat and cheese in the lefftsy and then eat it with a topping of what they call "chunky red sauce". They haven't developed a name for this varietal as of yet, but everyone knows it's only available in the Dakotas. Many NoDaks have accused those in the Southwestern United States of "cultural appropriation" for attempting to develop and utilize this truly unique food delivery system. It reminds me somewhat of the NYC "buttered roll" which, clearly, only exists in NYC. The NYT published a fascinating story on the "buttered roll" in 2017, detailing how a piece of bread with, stay with me here, butter on it cannot be found outside of the the NYC Metro Area. And then, they all smelled their own farts.

Ms. Maroon has you covered. :thumb:

In her book, Hotdish Hysteria: A Dakotan Dreamscape, she offers a comprehensive compendium of next day Hotdish meals. She includes the secret to any Hotdish is adding rehydrated mashed potato as a top layer for that je ne sais quoi factor. In addition, she tackles tough technical questions such as solving the age-old debate about how much time to reheat a typical Hotdish in a microwave: two minutes or three minutes? Spoiler alert, it turns out the answer is two 1/2 minutes.

In her 2016 book, Mexican Vikings: An Ethnological Study of Norse and Chicano Cultures, Ms. Maroon writes about the 10th century Viking explorer, Eric the Red, and his travels to the Yucatán Peninsula.

In the pages we learn that Eric the Red actually acquired his nickname due to the severe sunburn he received sailing in the Gulf of Mexico. The Vikings introduced the Chicano people to various horns they used for music and communication. This would later develop into the Chicano tradition of mariachi bands.

We also learn the culinary cultural exchanges which gave the Chicano people fish tacos and the Norse the lefse. The book suggests that the word lefse roughly translated from ancient Norse means “shitty crepe.”

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Ms. Maroon has you covered. :thumb:

In her book, Hotdish Hysteria: A Dakotan Dreamscape, she offers a comprehensive compendium of next day Hotdish meals. She includes the secret to any Hotdish is adding rehydrated mashed potato as a top layer for that je ne sais quoi factor. In addition, she tackles tough technical questions such as solving the age-old debate about how much time to reheat a typical Hotdish in a microwave: two minutes or three minutes? Spoiler alert, it turns out the answer is two 1/2 minutes.

In her 2016 book, Mexican Vikings: An Ethnological Study of Norse and Chicano Cultures, Ms. Maroon writes about the 10th century Viking explorer, Eric the Red, and his travels to the Yucatán Peninsula.

In the pages we learn that Eric the Red actually acquired his nickname due to the severe sunburn he received sailing in the Gulf of Mexico. The Vikings introduced the Chicano people to various horns they used for music and communication. This would later develop into the Chicano tradition of mariachi bands.

We also learn the culinary cultural exchanges which gave the Chicano people fish tacos and the Norse the lefse. The book suggests that the word lefse roughly translated from ancient Norse means “shitty crepe.”

Everybody take note. That ^^^ is how you do it. That's how a post is made, right there.

raw

With the way of college sports, transferring to different schools much less conference rivals isn't that big of a deal..all kids have their own reasons.
Montana grizzlies had two that left earlier this year to Illinois state., former griz Darreon Nash even transferred to big sky foe Idaho vandals.it happens.

Just going to sneak this in here..... SSSHHHH......

A Look at my beloved Cats 2021 Football team by position...

QB... Considered to be the strongest, and best, group at any school that uses a pigskin as the ball... Our Back-up was picked to be a team captain, so that just shows that the Back-up could very well be better than the starter. The starting QB comes in from North Carolina State and may not be the best thrower in the room (Still best thrower of any starting college QB in Montana) he can flat out athletic things up... He will be unstoppable in the backfield with the weapons he will be able to use... FYI, the best QB on the team is probably the 3rd or 4th string guy... Scrappy young kid from Butte, who Choate already tried to move to Safety twice

RB's.... Considered to be the strongest, and best, group at any school that uses a pigskin as a ball.... Ifanse is the best Running back in the FCS, NAY... The COUNTRY!!! Top speed is topless, hard nosed is saying it nicely, and would take your Mom Dorathy Mantooth out for a nice Steak dinner and ALWAYS call her again... He is actually what Madden judges their RB ability and scores off of.... How close the NFL running back comes to being as good as he is... None are 100. Behind him is Jaharie Martin, who only broke every Florida Power Lifting record... Not known for his speed (he is only the 2nd fastest RB in NCAA) he will knock a defenders dick in the dirt, or their Jock strap, do they still wear Jockstraps? I will have to get back to you on that... Then you have the "SCAT backs" in Lane Sumner (who has a really hot Girlfriend that gets really drunk and games, and thinks that we care that she dates him) and true freshman Elijah Elliot. Both will play a lot this year, and any one of them would start for most if not all the Big Sky teams.

WR's.... Considered to be the strongest, and best, group at any school that uses a pigskin as a ball... We have them, but don't need them

O-Line... Considered to be the strongest, and best, group at any school that uses a pigskin as a ball... We did lose a couple starters to the SEC, but really, that was their only option of seeing the field, because they weren't going to at MSU. They will be great at opening holes for our RB's and opening doors for old ladies (that is how nice they are). 3 deep at every spot... Just DOLA (whatever in the hell that even means)

D-Line...Considered to be the strongest, and best, group at any school that uses a pigskin as a ball... Williams will William, Benson going to Benson. I expect that Benson will have AT LEAST one fumble recovery against the griz... He seems to every year. Remember when he got that one on the 1/2 yard line after Choate called a perfectly legal Time out?? You remember

LB's... Considered to be the strongest, and best, group at any school that uses a pigskin as a ball... TA is healthy, and with O'reilly, and Askelson by his side, you really will be calling MSU LBU (linebacker University...That is what LBU stands for). All Montana line-up, it is what Bobby's wet dream would be... (What grown man still goes by Bobby by the way...RIP Bobby Bowden). Again, the 2nd string is probably better, minus TA, but they just need to wait their turn... Ricky Bobby didn't start his very 1st time on the track, and he PISSED Excellence

Secondary... Considered to be the strongest, and best, group at any school that uses a pigskin as a ball... We lose a couple good ones, but bring in some amazing transfers in Manning and Webb. This actually could be the best Secondary I have seen in 45 years of following the Blue and Gold. Speed...Speed and MORE SPEED!!! Great Hands, and a knack for getting to the ball and making it our ball instead of the team that had the balls, ball...

Special Teams... We don't have a coach for this... YET STILL Considered to be the strongest, and best, group at any school that uses a pigskin as a ball... We probably won't ever have to actually punt, BUT IF WE DO we have the 2019 #1 punter in all of High School Football (yeah, he actually is, look up Bryce Leighton... I will wait). As for field goals, we will rely on one of 2 freshman, one a transfer from Kent State (they are probably known for their amazing kickers... I don't really know, I thought it was just a school where cops shoot students). Glessner is another great option, but is young, and hasn't faced any real College type pressure. I don't see us not scoring a TD every time we have the ball, so only expect to see them on extra points, where we should just go for 2 every time with TA...But I digress

Couple follow up players to keep an eye on... TE's Ryan Lonergan and Snell (I won't spell his 1st name, because it has 2 r's and a y... It is just pretentious and I will not.

SACCAT66 said:
Just going to sneak this in here..... SSSHHHH......

A Look at my beloved Cats 2021 Football team by position...

QB... Considered to be the strongest, and best, group at any school that uses a pigskin as the ball... Our Back-up was picked to be a team captain, so that just shows that the Back-up could very well be better than the starter. The starting QB comes in from North Carolina State and may not be the best thrower in the room (Still best thrower of any starting college QB in Montana) he can flat out athletic things up... He will be unstoppable in the backfield with the weapons he will be able to use... FYI, the best QB on the team is probably the 3rd or 4th string guy... Scrappy young kid from Butte, who Choate already tried to move to Safety twice

RB's.... Considered to be the strongest, and best, group at any school that uses a pigskin as a ball.... Ifanse is the best Running back in the FCS, NAY... The COUNTRY!!! Top speed is topless, hard nosed is saying it nicely, and would take your Mom Dorathy Mantooth out for a nice Steak dinner and ALWAYS call her again... He is actually what Madden judges their RB ability and scores off of.... How close the NFL running back comes to being as good as he is... None are 100. Behind him is Jaharie Martin, who only broke every Florida Power Lifting record... Not known for his speed (he is only the 2nd fastest RB in NCAA) he will knock a defenders dick in the dirt, or their Jock strap, do they still wear Jockstraps? I will have to get back to you on that... Then you have the "SCAT backs" in Lane Sumner (who has a really hot Girlfriend that gets really drunk and games, and thinks that we care that she dates him) and true freshman Elijah Elliot. Both will play a lot this year, and any one of them would start for most if not all the Big Sky teams.

WR's.... Considered to be the strongest, and best, group at any school that uses a pigskin as a ball... We have them, but don't need them

O-Line... Considered to be the strongest, and best, group at any school that uses a pigskin as a ball... We did lose a couple starters to the SEC, but really, that was their only option of seeing the field, because they weren't going to at MSU. They will be great at opening holes for our RB's and opening doors for old ladies (that is how nice they are). 3 deep at every spot... Just DOLA (whatever in the hell that even means)

D-Line...Considered to be the strongest, and best, group at any school that uses a pigskin as a ball... Williams will William, Benson going to Benson. I expect that Benson will have AT LEAST one fumble recovery against the griz... He seems to every year. Remember when he got that one on the 1/2 yard line after Choate called a perfectly legal Time out?? You remember

LB's... Considered to be the strongest, and best, group at any school that uses a pigskin as a ball... TA is healthy, and with O'reilly, and Askelson by his side, you really will be calling MSU LBU (linebacker University...That is what LBU stands for). All Montana line-up, it is what Bobby's wet dream would be... (What grown man still goes by Bobby by the way...RIP Bobby Bowden). Again, the 2nd string is probably better, minus TA, but they just need to wait their turn... Ricky Bobby didn't start his very 1st time on the track, and he PISSED Excellence

Secondary... Considered to be the strongest, and best, group at any school that uses a pigskin as a ball... We lose a couple good ones, but bring in some amazing transfers in Manning and Webb. This actually could be the best Secondary I have seen in 45 years of following the Blue and Gold. Speed...Speed and MORE SPEED!!! Great Hands, and a knack for getting to the ball and making it our ball instead of the team that had the balls, ball...

Special Teams... We don't have a coach for this... YET STILL Considered to be the strongest, and best, group at any school that uses a pigskin as a ball... We probably won't ever have to actually punt, BUT IF WE DO we have the 2019 #1 punter in all of High School Football (yeah, he actually is, look up Bryce Leighton... I will wait). As for field goals, we will rely on one of 2 freshman, one a transfer from Kent State (they are probably known for their amazing kickers... I don't really know, I thought it was just a school where cops shoot students). Glessner is another great option, but is young, and hasn't faced any real College type pressure. I don't see us not scoring a TD every time we have the ball, so only expect to see them on extra points, where we should just go for 2 every time with TA...But I digress

Couple follow up players to keep an eye on... TE's Ryan Lonergan and Snell (I won't spell his 1st name, because it has 2 r's and a y... It is just pretentious and I will not.

POTY. :clap: :clap:

Paytonlives said:
Who cares

...drove thru old bozo...
...didn't recognize the place...
...seemed the only thing missing...
...giant erection of a "B O S Y W O O D" sign...

... :shit: ...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I can’t imagine all the man-hours spent on that opus. I’m quite certain it took half the summer and included a bulletin board, newspaper clippings and colored string to pull it off.

SACCAT66 said:
... Then you have the "SCAT backs" in Lane Sumner (who has a really hot Girlfriend that gets really drunk and games, and thinks that we care that she dates him)
Huh? Don’t think I got this one. Can you please explain and help me understand?

garizzalies said:
SACCAT66 said:
... Then you have the "SCAT backs" in Lane Sumner (who has a really hot Girlfriend that gets really drunk and games, and thinks that we care that she dates him)

In the last CAT/griz game, while Lane Sumner was running one play, his girlfriend tried to walk through the booster section of seats (If you have been to a Cats game on the West sideline, behind the opposition team, you will see people always trying to cut through that section of seats to get over to the other side.) We sit in the row that everyone tries to cut over at.... The two very attractive young ladies, that had very much fun already that day tried to do this... One of them kept yelling "That is my boyfriend out there!! GO LANE!!!" ( It actually sounded more like "Thasss my bfrnd ooot thrrr, GOAL ANE!!! ) She was having a very fun time, and made sure we ALL knew it. All good fun, and I miss those days for sure...

Ursa Major said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I can’t imagine all the man-hours spent on that opus. I’m quite certain it took half the summer and included a bulletin board, newspaper clippings and colored string to pull it off.

Nope... About 5 minutes while on hold.

SACCAT66 said:
garizzalies said:

In the last CAT/griz game, while Lane Sumner was running one play, his girlfriend tried to walk through the booster section of seats (If you have been to a Cats game on the West sideline, behind the opposition team, you will see people always trying to cut through that section of seats to get over to the other side.) We sit in the row that everyone tries to cut over at.... The two very attractive young ladies, that had very much fun already that day tried to do this... One of them kept yelling "That is my boyfriend out there!! GO LANE!!!" ( It actually sounded more like "Thasss my bfrnd ooot thrrr, GOAL ANE!!! ) She was having a very fun time, and made sure we ALL knew it. All good fun, and I miss those days for sure...

SAC, which one do you guys call the "West Sideline" again? I'm trying to get a visual.

CDAGRIZ said:
SACCAT66 said:

SAC, which one do you guys call the "West Sideline" again? I'm trying to get a visual.
:lol:

Drives me crazy too.

Back