• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Cats regular season predictions

garizzalies said:
bigsky33 said:
I agree the WR group is a huge question mark. They did bring in a couple of good transfers. Also, two of the young guys from AZ I predict will make an impact, redshirt freshman Andrew Patterson and true freshman, Christian Anaya. Anaya was one of the top WR in AZ last year out of nationally ranked Hamilton HS in Chandler. Yes, a lot of things have to fall in place at the WR position.

Maybe you can answer why bubs are so high…

on their secondary?

I asked the others bubs but they didn’t respond or defend their comments. I think maybe they just made a typo and are embarrassed they got called out.

Are bubs high on their secondary this season?Why? Has there been a lot of incomplete passes at practice?
Obviously anything can happen but for me personally I'm feeling good about our secondary because we return four starters from last year from a unit that was pretty good all season. I assume they'll have a decent shot at being even better this year with so much experience under their belt.

It's much the same way we have so many questions about our offensive line going into this year. Because we lost all but one starter we have no idea what to expect. But I think anytime a unit returns four or more starters, no matter matter what team they play for, fans of that team would at the very least pretty comfortable with expectations leading up to the season.

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
Why would anyone want to stay in Bozeangeles anyway? Plenty of reasonably priced motels half an hour to an hour away from the stadium (about how long it takes to get from one end of Reserve to the other end in Sanfranzoola) or stay in one of the tailgate RV spots.
Huh? You’re kidding, right? When I head to Mecca (WaGriz), I can park my truck within seconds of exiting the interstate, and be on campus after a few minute walk. I never cross Reserve St. on gameday. In fact, I am rarely in gameday traffic for more than a couple mins.

That’s not at all the case for Reno’s For Sale field. You must cross town, and usually it takes 20 minutes just to get off the gull damn exit. Last time I tried it, the traffic on the 19th street exit was backed-up onto the interstate. Took about an hour to exit and get to the stadias. Disgusting.

You think some of these small town season ticket holders are going to keep doing that? If the product on the field starts to slip, I think there will be a mass exodus. Why would someone from Chester want to stay in Three Forks? Most of those folks will put up with a lot, but simply can’t afford the huge increase in costs nowadays.

garizzalies said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
Why would anyone want to stay in Bozeangeles anyway? Plenty of reasonably priced motels half an hour to an hour away from the stadium (about how long it takes to get from one end of Reserve to the other end in Sanfranzoola) or stay in one of the tailgate RV spots.
Huh? You’re kidding, right? When I head to Mecca (WaGriz), I can park my truck within seconds of exiting the interstate, and be on campus after a few minute walk. I never cross Reserve St. on gameday. In fact, I am rarely in gameday traffic for more than a couple mins.

That’s not at all the case for Reno’s For Sale field. You must cross town, and usually it takes 20 minutes just to get off the gull damn exit. Last time I tried it, the traffic on the 19th street exit was backed-up onto the interstate. Took about an hour to exit and get to the stadias. Disgusting.

You think some of these small town season ticket holders are going to keep doing that? If the product on the field starts to slip, I think there will be a mass exodus. Why would someone from Chester want to stay in Three Forks? Most of those folks will put up with a lot, but simply can’t afford the huge increase in costs nowadays.

Garizzalies, for once I do agree with you. You are a little high with room rates at $700. Yes, there are some like that. But most are around $200-$350. That is still really steep. I agree, as I think it will have an effect on people staying for the weekend. The bad thing is that those high rates are not only in Bozeman. The nearby town are starting to get steep too. This is becoming a huge problem all the way around in the Bozeman area. I don't think Missoula is far behind and it won't be long before hotel rates will be nearly as high.

bigsky33 said:
garizzalies said:

Garizzalies, for once I do agree with you. You are a little high with room rates at $700. Yes, there are some like that. But most are around $200-$350. That is still really steep. I agree, as I think it will have an effect on people staying for the weekend. The bad thing is that those high rates are not only in Bozeman. The nearby town are starting to get steep too. This is becoming a huge problem all the way around in the Bozeman area. I don't think Missoula is far behind and it won't be long before hotel rates will be nearly as high.

Just compared the rates at the La Quinta in Missoula on the north end of Reserve with the Super 8 in Belgrade just for shits and giggles. The LA Quinta, which is the only bug ridden motel I'll stay in Missoula, starts at $254.00 a night. The Super 8 in Belgrade starts at $79.00, and I know Gene Cook sold it a few years ago...

The area around the field house has great RV sites and I'd rather camp on-campus anyway. Great way to take grandkids to the Museum of the Rockies, wander around campus and enjoy tailgating. Let the tourists have the motels.

garizzalies said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:

If they stay at the Sacajawea Lodge I imagine they'll have a great time and would love TF!

PeauxRouge said:
garizzalies said:

If they stay at the Sacajawea Lodge I imagine they'll have a great time and would love TF!

Even the Lewis and Clark Motel is pretty nice and very reasonable. Plus it's not far from the Willow Creek Cafe or those overpriced places in Logan or Manhattan...

Get a few days of fishing in and take in a game. But, I'd rather tailgate and stay in my own RV.

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
Just compared the rates at the La Quinta in Missoula on the north end of Reserve with the Super 8 in Belgrade just for shits and giggles. The LA Quinta, which is the only bug ridden motel I'll stay in Missoula, starts at $254.00 a night. The Super 8 in Belgrade starts at $79.00, and I know Gene Cook sold it a few years ago...
Who the hell wants to stay at the Super 8 in Belgrade? I’d rather sleep in the trunk. Thanks for proving my point. And the LaQuinta? Dude.

Bottom line, it’s so much easier to get in and out of MSLA, you don’t even need a hotel. Unlike bozo, where I feel like I need a shower and a nap after dealing with that rat race, and with the increased transplants and inflation, I would tap out.

I regularly pay $300/night on game weekends in Missoula, either at a hotel or a VRBO. But it has to be within walking/staggering distance from The Mecca, as well as the downtown bars, which limits my options. I'm happy to do it. $1000 for a 3 day weekend in Missoula?? Gimme!!

Getting back to football, as with all teams in this league, and indeed, all teams in this division, the Cats will go as far as their O & D lines can carry them. Both will be question marks for the Cat's, particularly early in the season. If the O line does not gel quickly I could see a rough start with possibly 3 losses in the first 7 games. The defense will keep them in most contests.

The O line for the Griz will also be a question mark, although maybe not as disconcerting. As a result the same considerations can be applied to the Griz as well.

Here is my take.
Cats have an unproven OL with a QB coming off of an ankle surgery
Don't care who the QB is, if you have an unproven and young OL, the QB is going to be scrambling and become gun shy.
All it takes is one alligator roll tackle on the QB and he will be very gun shy.
This has all the makings of a complete meltdown on offense
If Ifanse is still there will they use him to protect the QB, then will he get frustrated?
This could become one epic meltdown
I can see McNeese State D pinning their ears back by the thir series and going off on the QB

Just FYI, I compared the Fairmont in Santa Monica for a Rams game with the Ramada in Barstow for a Raiders game last season. The Ramada was cheaper, so the Raiders are clearly the superior organization.

fltheadgriz said:
Here is my take.
Don't care who the QB is, if you have an unproven and young OL, the QB is going to be scrambling and become gun shy.
All it takes is one alligator roll tackle on the QB and he will be very gun shy.
If Ifanse is still there will they use him to protect the QB, then will he get frustrated?
I can see McNeese State D pinning their ears back by the thir series and going off on the QB
I'm surprised I have to say this, and it seems you haven't been paying attention. Our backup is better than TM. No issues with alligators for us.

ABQCat said:
fltheadgriz said:
Here is my take.
I'm surprised I have to say this, and it seems you haven't been paying attention. Our backup is better than TM. No issues with alligators for us.

What did he make it, two games last year before getting hurt? I think he could easily go 3 or 4 this season.

As long as Ifanse and Mellot stay 75% healthy cats will be a tough team to beat. Those two will get 3-7 yards everytime they carry the ball with a few longer runs per drive. When teams try to stack the box or focus on the run mellot will throw down field and if they can win those 50/50 balls huge gains. This offense will result in long drives allowing their defense to not get tired.
Even teams that have success against the cats o will have a hard time with their defense, resulting in games were the Cats will still have a chance at the end.

ABQCat said:
fltheadgriz said:
Here is my take.
So why’s he not the starter then?

Griz til I die said:
ABQCat said:
So why’s he not the starter then?
Really it's the guy in 3rd with a shim and clipboard that should be starting. Jordan Reed. It's like this whole site has been asleep or something.

In all seriousness tho, the Cats are going to be very good. How good still remains to be seen, but that's true for anyone this time of year.

On offense, there isn't any question that the team rallied around Tommy and the entire program changed personalities overnight. Sure it's nice to have such an incredible leader, but we all saw how fast the team deflated when he went down in the chipper. Yikes. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

So what's the answer? Bring in a drop down who plays the same style, and share the reps. The Cats will need to keep both those guys healthy. As long as that happens, this Cat offense will be very dangerous.

Also prepare to hear the name Kaegun Williams a bunch. The plan is to give this guy share a ton of reps to keep Ifanse healthy. He's good.

https://twitter.com/Kaegun_Williams/status/1515738949955854341?t=hJNigcb-Tx7XwKSxa2EIyQ&s=19

On defense, several guys will have breakout years. Look for Dru Palidore to be in the running for Big Sky Newcomer of the Year. You'll hear the name Sebastian Valdez a whole bunch. He's a stud. At linebacker, O'Reilly and Uluilakepa will be tackling machines. Still waiting to see how Safety plays out and what happens with Rylan Ortt, but they should be good (but potentially thin). Okada will be in the running for the Buck if he stays healthy. Grebe is a stud at DE, but not sure who will emerge on the other side. Depth is definitely a concern.

Good defensive squad overall, but thin at DL, LB and maybe Safety. Injury bug in any of those groups will be a problem. OL won't be the problem many over here seems to think.

There you have it. This is a team that will absolutely contend for the BSC title. I believe the Brawl will be the defacto championship game as I also think your team will be pretty good. Make sure you beat Sac this time. Tired of those clowns hanging a banner every year.

Given their easy schedule the cats will end up 9-2 this year, get embarrassed again in cat-Griz and face an early exit from the playoffs. Coach Sixx will be called into Waded’s office in mid-December and given notice that his future employment with the team is precarious.

It’s the cat way.

Ursa Major said:
Given their easy schedule the cats will end up 9-2 this year, get embarrassed again in cat-Griz and face an early exit from the playoffs. Coach Sixx will be called into Waded’s office in mid-December and given notice that his future employment with the team is precarious.

It’s the cat way.

But then, if Bobby leads the Griz deep and gets a new contract, the Bobcats will whine until Sixx is also given a new contract. We’ve seen it happen very recently. #anchorcats

CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:

It’s the cat way.

But then, if Bobby leads the Griz deep and gets a new contract, the Bobcats will whine until Sixx is also given a new contract. We’ve seen it happen very recently. #anchorcats

The only mystery here will be Sixx’s renegotiated incentive pay for beating the Griz. Many expect it to be sixx figures.

Look for Waded to ask the state congress to tap into the coal severance fund to pay for the increased contract.

Back