• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Cats regular season predictions

ABQCat said:
Still waiting to see how Safety plays out, … (but potentially thin)…thin at …maybe Safety.
On the first page, two of your ilk predicted the catz’ would have an outstanding secondary, likely the best in the BSC. I called them out several times and got crickets.
You don’t sound so high….
on your secondary.
Looks like there’s dissension amongst the ranks at BM. Never a good sign.

garizzalies said:
ABQCat said:
Still waiting to see how Safety plays out, … (but potentially thin)…thin at …maybe Safety.
On the first page, two of your ilk predicted the catz’ would have an outstanding secondary, likely the best in the BSC. I called them out several times and got crickets.
on your secondary.
Should be very good at corner, particularly with the surprise addition of Dru Palidore. Thomas, whom I'm sure you recall played extremely well in the 2018 Brawl, may not even make the 2-deep even though he's back to full health.

Manning is a lock at one safety spot, but I'm not sure about the other. Perhaps Rylan Ortt. Although in my opinion, Rylan needs to split reps with Okada at nickel to keep Ty healthy late into the season. Perhaps Zambrano, who started all year at CB last season but moved to Safety in the spring to help out a thin position. He's rangy and physical, but hard to say if the position switch took. If not, he'll be back starting at CB and that position is even deeper.

Tre Webb was relatively quiet last year, but considering he's still active on a 90 man NFL roster, that was obviously a big loss. A DB having a 'quiet' year can actually be a good thing. It can mean he's locking down.

I rank my depth concerns in this order: DL, LB, Safety, OL.

As a Wyoming fan who has watched Sean chambers (Wyoming transfer qb) I predict he will end up the starter. He is very good but has had health issues. If he can stay healthy I look for him to be the starter for MSU next season. He has much more experience in Vigens system and can sling it better than mellot IMO

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
As a Wyoming fan who has watched Sean chambers (Wyoming transfer qb) I predict he will end up the starter. He is very good but has had health issues. If he can stay healthy I look for him to be the starter for MSU next season. He has much more experience in Vigens system and can sling it better than mellot IMO

If this is the case I fully expect by game 3 to see the cat faithful parading down W. Kagy with Coach Sixx’s head firmly affixed to a pike.

Ironically, there will be no discernible difference to the expression on his face living or dead. Just a blank stare that connotes confusion and fear.

ABQCat said:
garizzalies said:
on your secondary.
Should be very good at corner, particularly with the surprise addition of Dru Palidore. Thomas, whom I'm sure you recall played extremely well in the 2018 Brawl, may not even make the 2-deep even though he's back to full health.

Manning is a lock at one safety spot, but I'm not sure about the other. Perhaps Rylan Ortt. Although in my opinion, Rylan needs to split reps with Okada at nickel to keep Ty healthy late into the season. Perhaps Zambrano, who started all year at CB last season but moved to Safety in the spring to help out a thin position. He's rangy and physical, but hard to say if the position switch took. If not, he'll be back starting at CB and that position is even deeper.

Tre Webb was relatively quiet last year, but considering he's still active on a 90 man NFL roster, that was obviously a big loss. A DB having a 'quiet' year can actually be a good thing. It can mean he's locking down.

I rank my depth concerns in this order: DL, LB, Safety, OL.

This has little to do with your post other than it being secondary related, but I don’t want to start a new thread.

A dude sat down next to me at Sacramento airport this morning. He had a Weber State FB backpack. We were both starting at the wall, so I asked him if he was a player. It was Marque Collins, senior CB, #2. We BS’d for about 30 minutes about BSC and college FB. Really nice kid. One thing I thought you guys might find interesting is he was bummed that he wasn’t going to play in WGS one last time this year because the game is @Weber. He said it’s his favorite place to play (assuming he meant other than home). Anyway, thought I’d share. I don’t know if he’s really good, but their website does say he was honorable mention all-BSC last season.

Iron clad prediction, you will see more of this buffoonery:

[media] https://www.instagram.com/p/Cf4N019ODlT/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=[/media]

Ursa Major said:
Iron clad prediction, you will see more of this buffoonery:

[media] https://www.instagram.com/p/Cf4N019ODlT/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=[/media]

That program is an embarrassment to this “rivalry”.

6mt7v9.jpg

RainierGriz said:
Cats will be good, but thinking not as good as last year. Thomas Merlot is a great athlete no doubt, but is he a conference championship quarterback? Seemed like his best completions last year were chucking up prayers to Lance McCutcheon.

Lol.....beautiful. Tommy, will have you up chucking for three years.

Phat Cat said:
RainierGriz said:
Cats will be good, but thinking not as good as last year. Thomas Merlot is a great athlete no doubt, but is he a conference championship quarterback? Seemed like his best completions last year were chucking up prayers to Lance McCutcheon.

Yeah, ‘cause the guy he couldn’t beat out did so well against the GRIZ defense last year. I’ll go out on a limb here and say few are overly worried.

Phat Cat said:
RainierGriz said:

Is this the same guy who shot puts rainbows and can’t make it three games without getting hurt? I love that he’s the Bobcat QB. It’s so fitting.

CDAGRIZ said:
Phat Cat said:

Is this the same guy who shot puts rainbows and can’t make it three games without getting hurt? I love that he’s the Bobcat QB. It’s so fitting.

Sorry girls. Every past griz player I've talk to, wishes he was in Missoula. But, keep up your silly bullshit. Butte kid, who hates your asses. I know it hurts. Put some Robitussin on it.

Back