• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Coach Decuire is gone

NikeGrizz said:
That’s not even close to a better job than Montana :roll:
Any pac-12 coaching job is better than any big sky coaching job by far, not even close. Your kidding your self if you think other wise.

braves84 said:
NikeGrizz said:
Any pac-12 coaching job is better than any big sky coaching job by far, not even close. Your kidding your self if you think other wise.

His resume and record would indicate he is worth more than what WSU has to offer. I don’t think he will just jump at the first thing that comes his way. Other jobs will open up. Really - he is in the drivers seat at this point.

braves84 said:
NikeGrizz said:

His resume and record would indicate he is worth more than what WSU has to offer. I don’t think he will just jump at the first thing that comes his way. Other jobs will open up. Really - he is in the drivers seat at this point.

braves84 said:
NikeGrizz said:

braves84 said:
NikeGrizz said:

Nope, the worst job in the pac-12 is not better than the best job in the bsc. There are and there will be better openings for Travis. When that day comes I will be bummed, but this is not the job for him.

NorthEndZoneDan said:
Nope, the worst job in the pac-12 is not better than the best job in the bsc. There are and there will be better openings for Travis. When that day comes I will be bummed, but this is not the job for him.
If he can make 1.4 Million compared to his current salary, I would think he would consider the job, if offered.

Spanky2 said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
If he can make 1.4 Million compared to his current salary, I would think he would consider the job, if offered.

There will be better jobs than this one, way way better jobs. that should be painfully obvious to everyone. I'm not turning my nose at 1.4 million, its big money, but its undeniable that there will be bigger offers on the table very quickly. Travis is a proven head coach now, people know the coaching tree at Montana, he's going to go land higher than wazoo. Like I said, I will be bummed when that day arrives, but this isnt the job.

NorthEndZoneDan said:
Spanky2 said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:

There will be better jobs than this one, way way better jobs. that should be painfully obvious to everyone. I'm not turning my nose at 1.4 million, its big money, but its undeniable that there will be bigger offers on the table very quickly. Travis is a proven head coach now, people know the coaching tree at Montana, he's going to go land higher than wazoo. Like I said, I will be bummed when that day arrives, but this isnt the job.

There's the Cal job, maybe the Stanford job, and even UCLA could open up. They fired Alford and have an interim there right now. You're right, he's totally in the driver's seat. Definitely west coast though. He recruits the heck out of of the west coast.

NorthEndZoneDan said:
I would guess that most of the available coaches in cbb would disagree. in terms of facilities, recruiting, salaries, national recognition just to name a few of the things it's not even close.
I heard Kent at wsu was making close to 1.4 million a year base, that's probably 5 to 6 times what decuire makes,
I'm not saying there isn't better jobs than wsu because there is, that's not my point.

braves84 said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
I would guess that most of the available coaches in cbb would disagree. in terms of facilities, recruiting, salaries, national recognition just to name a few of the things it's not even close.
I heard Kent at wsu was making close to 1.4 million a year base, that's probably 5 to 6 times what decuire makes,
I'm not saying there isn't better jobs than wsu because there is, that's not my point.

The salary is the only thing wazoo has over UM. Take another look at the Champions Center and tell me wazoo has facilities as good as ours. As for recruiting - I will take ours over wazoo's any day of the week, Travis is a proven recruiter. As others have noted, Cal, Stanford and UCLA are possible landing spots, any of which would be light years above wazoo. Travis is in the drivers seat and will have multiple offers to consider, as he should.

NorthEndZoneDan said:
braves84 said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:

The salary is the only thing wazoo has over UM. Take another look at the Champions Center and tell me wazoo has facilities as good as ours. As for recruiting - I will take ours over wazoo's any day of the week, Travis is a proven recruiter. As others have noted, Cal, Stanford and UCLA are possible landing spots, any of which would be light years above wazoo. Travis is in the drivers seat and will have multiple offers to consider, as he should.
I guess we wont agree on this one. a pac 12 offer against a big sky offer that are similar, I would find it difficult to believe the kid would pass on the first, even if it is wsu. just my opinion.

braves84 said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
braves84 said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:

I guess we wont agree on this one. a pac 12 offer against a big sky offer that are similar, I would find it difficult to believe the kid would pass on the first, even if it is wsu. just my opinion.

we can agree to disagree. :thumb:

Spanky2 said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
Heck, after taxes that's like 20 bucks a year in Wa. or Ca.

grizaremoregooder said:
Spanky2 said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
Heck, after taxes that's like 20 bucks a year in Wa. or Ca.
For Washington, if you're subtracting sales tax - maybe. Washington has no state income tax.

Back