• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Coach Stitt never lost like this

Holy sh-t dudes. I'm starting to think that e-griz is the center of the universe for some of you. May I suggest an actual hobby?

I'm as frustrated with the Griz play as anyone, but I guess I'm fortunate enough to have a weekend life outside of message boards. :roll:

Raider said:
Holy sh-t dudes. I'm starting to think that e-griz is the center of the universe for some of you. May I suggest an actual hobby?

I'm as frustrated with the Griz play as anyone, but I guess I'm fortunate enough to have a weekend life outside of message boards. :roll:

This!! :clap: Some Griz fans are the worst.....

Grizzly96 said:
Raider said:

This!! :clap: Some Griz fans are the worst.....

I know, aren't they?? :cool: :cool:

RobGriz said:
Ringneck said:
Don't worry. According to one of Bobby's preseason interviews, the Big Sky hasn't gotten any better since he left; the only difference is that Montana is not at the top of the standings anymore. So this will all shake out by the end of November, apparently.

Oddly enough, Bobby also cautioned Griz Nation not to be overly optimistic (because he saw the writing on the wall) about this football team and yet some here expected an 11-0 season and a long playoff run. While the rest of us, that are happy he’s back but realistic (and by realistic I mean ‘understand the game’), expected 6-5 or 7-4. I believe many of us (me) predicted that. Hauck is a man, not a miracle worker. And regardless of who he is he can only fill the hole that’s been dug over the “Engstrom years” one shovel full at a time. Anywho, despite what many of you think, NONE of us has a say in how long or short Hauck’s tenure here will be. So why not sit back, pop open a nice cold beer and stop crying on the Internet about something you have 0 control over.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

UofMGrizFan said:
RobGriz said:
Ringneck said:
Don't worry. According to one of Bobby's preseason interviews, the Big Sky hasn't gotten any better since he left; the only difference is that Montana is not at the top of the standings anymore. So this will all shake out by the end of November, apparently.

Oddly enough, Bobby also cautioned Griz Nation not to be overly optimistic (because he saw the writing on the wall) about this football team and yet some here expected an 11-0 season and a long playoff run. While the rest of us, that are happy he’s back but realistic (and by realistic I mean ‘understand the game’), expected 6-5 or 7-4. I believe many of us (me) predicted that. Hauck is a man, not a miracle worker. And regardless of who he is he can only fill the hole that’s been dug over the “Engstrom years” one shovel full at a time. Anywho, despite what many of you think, NONE of us has a say in how long or short Hauck’s tenure here will be. So why not sit back, pop open a nice cold beer and stop crying on the Internet about something you have 0 control over.

Bobby has shown us just how good this team can play this year. He has also shown how badly they can play. We were sold on Bobby that unlike his predecessor, we would see more of the good and less of the bad. Stitt wasn't fired for his recruiting results, he was fired for his coaching results.

PS. Every new coach covers his ass by trying to down play expectations.

PSS. Gresch ran an offense that DC's had 2+ years of film on. 4 games in DC's have this offense's number and our #1's flaws are being exposed and exploited. Looking more and more like somebody missed the boat on the "big picture" on QB's.

horribilisfan8184 said:
PSS. Gresch ran an offense that DC's had 2+ years of film on. 4 games in DC's have this offense's number and our #1's flaws are being exposed and exploited. Looking more and more like somebody missed the boat on the "big picture" on QB's.

Is that an indictment on the QB or the Offensive scheme? And to be honest, no matter the QB, it is still an offense with a mediocre OL and WR play.

horribilisfan8184 said:
UofMGrizFan said:
RobGriz said:
Ringneck said:

Stitt wasn't fired for his recruiting results, he was fired for his coaching results

Actually he was fired because boosters demanded it. Lol

His team was setup nicely to improve this year. His guys. But money talks, and the guy had no chance. There were some boosters that never game him a chance, the same boosters that screamed for joy to get Hauck back. Patience and tolerance in this country has gone to hell in the last 20 years, and it gets worse every year.

grizindabox said:
ordigger said:

Based on results.

Based on personal choice, and their over inflated egos. His results this year would’ve exceeded Hauck’s its beginning to look like.

ordigger said:
grizindabox said:
ordigger said:

Based on results.

Based on personal choice, and their over inflated egos. His results this year would’ve exceeded Hauck’s its beginning to look like.

You don't know that his results would have exceeded what Hauck will accomplish this season. And boosters demanded it after back-to-back seasons of no playoffs and losing to MSU.....that sure seems like actual results to me. He beats the Cats last November, the guy is still coaching.

grizindabox said:
ordigger said:
grizindabox said:
ordigger said:

Based on results.

You don't know that his results would have exceeded what Hauck will accomplish this season. And boosters demanded it after back-to-back seasons of no playoffs and losing to MSU.....that sure seems like actual results to me. He beats the Cats last November, the guy is still coaching.

You don’t know they wouldn’t have. I did say “beginning to look like”. I thought Hauck was good for one more win than Stitt this year, and I don’t believe Stitt’s team would’ve regressed from 7-4 this year.

ordigger said:
grizindabox said:
ordigger said:
grizindabox said:
Based on results.

You don’t know they wouldn’t have.

Exactly why no one should try to compare what Hauck is doing this season with what Stitt might have. Did I expect the Griz to look as bad as they have the past 2 games....no, but I saw this team as a 7 win team, and those expectations would not have been different if Stitt was the coach. This team a full of holes and overall an average team. Stitt was let go because he followed up a poor year 2 with a poor year 3 and lost both years to MSU.

ordigger said:
horribilisfan8184 said:
UofMGrizFan said:
RobGriz said:

Stitt wasn't fired for his recruiting results, he was fired for his coaching results

His team was setup nicely to improve this year. His guys. But money talks, and the guy had no chance. There were some boosters that never game him a chance, the same boosters that screamed for joy to get Hauck back. Patience and tolerance in this country has gone to hell in the last 20 years, and it gets worse every year.

How was the team set up to improve this year? Same o-line. Jensen, yes (but some of us prefer Sneed and Humphrey). Not Eastwood at rb. Same receivers. Same backers. Not 3 new and contributing safeties. Same d-line, right, except for Fav (who has 1.5 sacks this year for Duquense? Semore as DC. Same kickers, except not the new KO guy.

I don't see how the team was set up to do well this year. Please explain.

Stitt was given 3 years, and the program was going down, not up.

PlayerRep said:
ordigger said:
horribilisfan8184 said:
UofMGrizFan said:

How was the team set up to improve this year? Same o-line. Jensen, yes (but some of us prefer Sneed and Humphrey). Not Eastwood at rb. Same receivers. Same backers. Not 3 new and contributing safeties. Same d-line, right, except for Fav (who has 1.5 sacks this year for Duquense? Semore as DC. Same kickers, except not the new KO guy.

I don't see how the team was set up to do well this year. Please explain.

Stitt was given 3 years, and the program was going down, not up.

continuity is one reason the team was set up to do well this year. different style of offense, or offensive philosophy, with guys who fit it. team unity had been developing. finally back at full scholarships, and the brand new locker rooms, etc, to help bring in recruits, including, potentially, safeties and o-line transfers or drop-downs using stitt's and other's connections. we'll obviously never know how that would have panned out. oh, and no eastwood at rb, which i'd take because lee looks a lot better to me. same lbs, so the team has it's same main strength.

don't agree the program was going down. they looked more fundamentally sound than the current squad, especially in coverage.

grizindabox said:
argh! said:
they looked more fundamentally sound than the current squad

Not sure that I would agree with this.

i should have said over the last couple games. before that i thought fundamentals looked pretty decent, and players were getting in the right position. but lately, not so much.

ordigger said:
horribilisfan8184 said:

Setup nicely to improve? I don't see that at all. Stitt would have had the same issues with paper thin o-line and a secondary that needed to be rebuilt. Stitt's defense got worse every year. Don't think his special teams would have improved. As far as turnovers, Stitt's offense committed 26 turnovers in 11 games last year. So far this year, Hauck's has had 14 in 7 games.

With the exception of Portland St., I don't think Stitt's teams would done any better, but I think they would have done worse against N. Iowa, and also probably Sac St. I think with Stitt, we would be sitting at 3-4 or 4-3 at best.

Spanky2 said:
Stitt was a salesman. A little guy with a green hat.

by Spanky2
Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:44 pm

All the talk about Stitt. He is gone, not a factor. Let’s forget Stitt who represents the past and was fired.

Well that lasted less than 24-hours . . .

Latest posts

Back