• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Coach Stitt never lost like this

Merkleman said:
PlayerRep said:
ordigger said:
horribilisfan8184 said:
Stitt wasn't fired for his recruiting results, he was fired for his coaching results

Actually he was fired because boosters demanded it. Lol

His team was setup nicely to improve this year. His guys. But money talks, and the guy had no chance. There were some boosters that never game him a chance, the same boosters that screamed for joy to get Hauck back. Patience and tolerance in this country has gone to hell in the last 20 years, and it gets worse every year.

How was the team set up to improve this year? Same o-line. Jensen, yes (but some of us prefer Sneed and Humphrey). Not Eastwood at rb. Same receivers. Same backers. Not 3 new and contributing safeties. Same d-line, right, except for Fav (who has 1.5 sacks this year for Duquense? Semore as DC. Same kickers, except not the new KO guy.

I don't see how the team was set up to do well this year. Please explain.

Stitt was given 3 years, and the program was going down, not up.

You keep bringing fav. Do you know what’s going with him?

He was going to Idaho state until 3 days before fall camp. He graduated from Montana and was entering into a program not offered at Montana. He was given a verbal unconditional release by Hauck. Hauck reneged on that and blocked him. He showed up at Duquesne 3 days after Fall camp started. Unlike what Bobby did with Sneed, Eastwood, his son and the other safety, Duquesne eased him in so they didn’t upset the other players. He was playing about 20 to 25 plays a game up until Hawaii. He broke his hand during the 1st drive at Hawaii and has been out for about 3 weeks after the surgery.
However in the first drive before getting hurt at Hawaii he had 4 tackles and a sack. How’s the production been for Montana in the position he played? From what I tell his stats for 1 drive against Hawaii is about half the total season production compared to the season totals of the guy they have starting at Montana.

No, I don't keep bringing up Fav. I respond after other people bring him up.

No, I didn't know Fav, but I knew his dad, whom I liked but have come to believe is so biased that what he tells me can't be believed. His dad told me the players this year didn't like Hauck, and that Buss didn't like Hauck. I checked with some players, and some former players (including Strahm), and they said that was total BS. At least at the time, the players liked Hauck. Including Buss.

Fav didn't have a position in the new UM defense. It's mainly 3 down lineman. I was told that Fav didn't want do anything other than rush. He even said that to the coaches. He had trouble lining up in the right spot. He quickly worked himself onto the 3d team, with this stuff and his attitude.

I hope he does great at Duquense. Even in 5 games, and against some lesser competition, it seems odd that he has only 1.5 sacks and 3 TFL's. Great that he got to play against Hawaii, in Hawaii. Too bad he's hurt. Hope he enjoys playing in front of 2,000 people at home.

But sorry, you need to get into the real world, and move on, in my view. Fav has now played at 3 schools and is only a junior. Sorry, but that says more about him than the Griz coaches, in my view.

argh! said:
kemajic said:
argh! said:
billingsgriz said:
While Coach Stitt I am sure is a good man, father, son, neighbor, etc. and a good offensive coordinator,
his teams were soft and it showed: 0-4 the last two years against our two rivals, Eastern and The Shi##y Kitties.

He may have been a good head coach at the Div. II level, but at Montana his teams shrank under the bright spotlight, with a few exceptions, notably his first game and huge win against defending national champion North Dakota State in 2015.

Astute Griz fans can and have made the argument it was all down hill from there. If he had won last year's game against the Shi##y Kitties, he would still be head coach--no way Kent Haslam fires him after beating the Shi##y Kitties, going 8-3, and making the playoffs. But we didn't win--again, and he was shown the door.

It was tough to win when our D was giving up 3rd and 26 and 3rd and 31 because his DC Semore was blitzing almost everyone, and when the fleet-footed Cat QB Murray took off, 8-9 Griz defenders were already in the rearview mirror.

I wish Coach Stitt well, I hope he thrives as an offensive analyst at Oklahoma State,and I hope he gets another HC gig, but the main reason I thought Coach Hauck's Griz would go 6-5 or 5-6 his first year back was because of the obvious reasons: new offense, new defense, new staff. And from Coach Stitt, he inherited a soft team that excelled at beating up cupcakes but shrank when we faced our rivals and most of the other upper-tier teams in The Big Sky.

so if stitt's teams were "soft", what is hauck's team? they've given up over 400 yards rushing - in a single game, and followed that a few games later with giving up over 250 yards, most of them when the other team was way ahead and were more likely to run than pass. moreover, hauck's team has given up 3rd and long many, many times this season, and a good percentage of those came in the second half, with the other team still in the game.
Yes soft in spots yet. Olson is not soft, the likely Buck Buchanon winner, and was not even a starter in the previous regime. Can you explain that?

he was still developing both physically and mentally as a player, plus there was another very good player, with more experience, ahead of him. any idea of how many junior year buch buchanan winners were starters the year before?
Are you talking about the player that was such good LB that he is now a fullback? I know a three year starter on D who said that Olson was so good last year that no one could believe he was not starting. Not too many players go from not good enough to start on a mediocre defense to run away with the BB award. He is as good a college football player as I have seen at this level and there is no way he could not have been a big help to the 2017 Montana defense. He might have saved Stitt's job if he or Semore could have recognized it.

Banks, Buss and Strahm were damn good linebackers. Up there with the best crews UM has ever had. Tripp, Coyle and JVK were okay too.

kemajic said:
argh! said:
kemajic said:
argh! said:
so if stitt's teams were "soft", what is hauck's team? they've given up over 400 yards rushing - in a single game, and followed that a few games later with giving up over 250 yards, most of them when the other team was way ahead and were more likely to run than pass. moreover, hauck's team has given up 3rd and long many, many times this season, and a good percentage of those came in the second half, with the other team still in the game.
Yes soft in spots yet. Olson is not soft, the likely Buck Buchanon winner, and was not even a starter in the previous regime. Can you explain that?

he was still developing both physically and mentally as a player, plus there was another very good player, with more experience, ahead of him. any idea of how many junior year buch buchanan winners were starters the year before?
Are you talking about the player that was such good LB that he is now a fullback? I know a three year starter on D who said that Olson was so good last year that no one could believe he was not starting. Not too many players go from not good enough to start on a mediocre defense to run away with the BB award. He is as good a college football player as I have seen at this level and there is no way he could not have been a big help to the 2017 Montana defense. He might have saved Stitt's job if he or Semore could have recognized it.

like greenie pointed out, the griz had three excellent linebackers starting last year. also, didn't olson start for strahm during his suspension?

argh! said:
kemajic said:
argh! said:
kemajic said:

like greenie pointed out, the griz had three excellent linebackers starting last year. also, didn't olson start for strahm during his suspension?

No, Vika started for Strahm.

Back