• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Coach Stitt never lost like this

PlayerRep said:
ordigger said:
horribilisfan8184 said:
UofMGrizFan said:
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Stitt wasn't fired for his recruiting results, he was fired for his coaching results

Actually he was fired because boosters demanded it. Lol

His team was setup nicely to improve this year. His guys. But money talks, and the guy had no chance. There were some boosters that never game him a chance, the same boosters that screamed for joy to get Hauck back. Patience and tolerance in this country has gone to hell in the last 20 years, and it gets worse every year.

How was the team set up to improve this year? Same o-line. Jensen, yes (but some of us prefer Sneed and Humphrey). Not Eastwood at rb. Same receivers. Same backers. Not 3 new and contributing safeties. Same d-line, right, except for Fav (who has 1.5 sacks this year for Duquense? Semore as DC. Same kickers, except not the new KO guy.

I don't see how the team was set up to do well this year. Please explain.

Stitt was given 3 years, and the program was going down, not up.

He went from 3-5 to 5-3 in conference. But I despise this argument...

While Coach Stitt I am sure is a good man, father, son, neighbor, etc. and a good offensive coordinator,
his teams were soft and it showed: 0-4 the last two years against our two rivals, Eastern and The Shi##y Kitties.

He may have been a good head coach at the Div. II level, but at Montana his teams shrank under the bright spotlight, with a few exceptions, notably his first game and huge win against defending national champion North Dakota State in 2015.

Astute Griz fans can and have made the argument it was all down hill from there. If he had won last year's game against the Shi##y Kitties, he would still be head coach--no way Kent Haslam fires him after beating the Shi##y Kitties, going 8-3, and making the playoffs. But we didn't win--again, and he was shown the door.

It was tough to win when our D was giving up 3rd and 26 and 3rd and 31 because his DC Semore was blitzing almost everyone, and when the fleet-footed Cat QB Murray took off, 8-9 Griz defenders were already in the rearview mirror.

I wish Coach Stitt well, I hope he thrives as an offensive analyst at Oklahoma State,and I hope he gets another HC gig, but the main reason I thought Coach Hauck's Griz would go 6-5 or 5-6 his first year back was because of the obvious reasons: new offense, new defense, new staff. And from Coach Stitt, he inherited a soft team that excelled at beating up cupcakes but shrank when we faced our rivals and most of the other upper-tier teams in The Big Sky.

argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
ordigger said:
horribilisfan8184 said:
Stitt wasn't fired for his recruiting results, he was fired for his coaching results

His team was setup nicely to improve this year. His guys. But money talks, and the guy had no chance. There were some boosters that never game him a chance, the same boosters that screamed for joy to get Hauck back. Patience and tolerance in this country has gone to hell in the last 20 years, and it gets worse every year.

How was the team set up to improve this year? Same o-line. Jensen, yes (but some of us prefer Sneed and Humphrey). Not Eastwood at rb. Same receivers. Same backers. Not 3 new and contributing safeties. Same d-line, right, except for Fav (who has 1.5 sacks this year for Duquense? Semore as DC. Same kickers, except not the new KO guy.

continuity is one reason the team was set up to do well this year. different style of offense, or offensive philosophy, with guys who fit it. team unity had been developing. finally back at full scholarships, and the brand new locker rooms, etc, to help bring in recruits, including, potentially, safeties and o-line transfers or drop-downs using stitt's and other's connections. we'll obviously never know how that would have panned out. oh, and no eastwood at rb, which i'd take because lee looks a lot better to me. same lbs, so the team has it's same main strength.

don't agree the program was going down. they looked more fundamentally sound than the current squad, especially in coverage.

Argh...I will just leave this here: The things I heard (and continue to hear) about Stitt's locker room and "team unity" after his departure REALLY didn't sit well...and these come from people very, very close to the program. Let's just say it wasn't pretty....

AZGrizFan said:
argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
ordigger said:

continuity is one reason the team was set up to do well this year. different style of offense, or offensive philosophy, with guys who fit it. team unity had been developing. finally back at full scholarships, and the brand new locker rooms, etc, to help bring in recruits, including, potentially, safeties and o-line transfers or drop-downs using stitt's and other's connections. we'll obviously never know how that would have panned out. oh, and no eastwood at rb, which i'd take because lee looks a lot better to me. same lbs, so the team has it's same main strength.

don't agree the program was going down. they looked more fundamentally sound than the current squad, especially in coverage.

Argh...I will just leave this here: The things I heard (and continue to hear) about Stitt's locker room and "team unity" after his departure REALLY didn't sit well...and these come from people very, very close to the program. Let's just say it wasn't pretty....

it was said to be poor the first couple years do to disgruntled juniors and seniors who preferred delaney, but to have improved significantly last year.

billingsgriz said:
While Coach Stitt I am sure is a good man, father, son, neighbor, etc. and a good offensive coordinator,
his teams were soft and it showed: 0-4 the last two years against our two rivals, Eastern and The Shi##y Kitties.

He may have been a good head coach at the Div. II level, but at Montana his teams shrank under the bright spotlight, with a few exceptions, notably his first game and huge win against defending national champion North Dakota State in 2015.

Astute Griz fans can and have made the argument it was all down hill from there. If he had won last year's game against the Shi##y Kitties, he would still be head coach--no way Kent Haslam fires him after beating the Shi##y Kitties, going 8-3, and making the playoffs. But we didn't win--again, and he was shown the door.

It was tough to win when our D was giving up 3rd and 26 and 3rd and 31 because his DC Semore was blitzing almost everyone, and when the fleet-footed Cat QB Murray took off, 8-9 Griz defenders were already in the rearview mirror.

I wish Coach Stitt well, I hope he thrives as an offensive analyst at Oklahoma State,and I hope he gets another HC gig, but the main reason I thought Coach Hauck's Griz would go 6-5 or 5-6 his first year back was because of the obvious reasons: new offense, new defense, new staff. And from Coach Stitt, he inherited a soft team that excelled at beating up cupcakes but shrank when we faced our rivals and most of the other upper-tier teams in The Big Sky.
This post nails it perfectly.

Spanky2 said:
Stitt had swagger.
My favorite Stitt quote to illustrate, "I don't care about kick returns; I want my offense to get the ball as quickly as possible."

billingsgriz said:

so if stitt's teams were "soft", what is hauck's team? they've given up over 400 yards rushing - in a single game, and followed that a few games later with giving up over 250 yards, most of them when the other team was way ahead and were more likely to run than pass. moreover, hauck's team has given up 3rd and long many, many times this season, and a good percentage of those came in the second half, with the other team still in the game.

ordigger said:
kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:
You may have to wait for the MSU game this year before it comes to you.

Well, he just got rolled by two teams that Stitt blew out of the building, so not sure what I’m waiting for...
Maybe your're waiting for your man Stitt to find a coaching job. No one has been beating a path to his doorstep. Thought you were a little smarter than suggesting the 2017 and 2018 UND teams are the same. Half their team was unable to make the trip in 2017. They have already won more games than last year, this year to include Sam Houston St. in TX. They would have likely beaten anyone in the BSC yesterday. And PSU is not the doormat they were last year. Want to play that game - compare Stitt's record against CPSLO (0-2) vs. our 20 point win in their house this year. Such comparisons are useless; try to find something intelligent to feed your narrative. A lot of football left.

Speaking of narratives, give it a rest. You’ve been whining about Stitt for 3 years now. You’re hate is apparent, and your knowledge of the choices he made for his family, sorely lacking. You might be surprised who was “beating down a path to his doorstep”, and the reasons why he said no.
Just responding to AZ's constant Hauck bashing and Stitt idolizing using flawed arguments. Will keep doing so, in spite your valuable counselling. You're right I know nothing about decisions Stitt may have made; I just know he does not have a coaching job. Hauck does and he is OUR coach so it's time for you and AZ to stop the whining about decisions made long ago.

argh! said:
billingsgriz said:

so if stitt's teams were "soft", what is hauck's team? they've given up over 400 yards rushing - in a single game, and followed that a few games later with giving up over 250 yards, most of them when the other team was way ahead and were more likely to run than pass. moreover, hauck's team has given up 3rd and long many, many times this season, and a good percentage of those came in the second half, with the other team still in the game.
Yes soft in spots yet. Olson is not soft, the likely Buck Buchanon winner, and was not even a starter in the previous regime. Can you explain that?

AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:
That’s pretty funny coming from the guy who uses a 3 game sample set to try and convince the masses that BH didn’t inherit a cadillac in his first stint here.

And Montana was 3-5 in ‘16, not 4-4. So Bobby has successfully changed OUR trajectory for the worse because if the last two weeks are any indication there’s not a snowball’s chance in hell of winning three more conference games.
Hmmm, speaking of funny, you seem to be making a lot more from a very small game sample set right now. But thanks for picking up my error which made Stitt look better than he was. You have to go back to 1985 to find a worse Montana BSC record than his 2016 3-5. Yes, we were unhappy. There remains a very good chance BH will beat that this year in spite of your Chicken Little rants.

After losing three of the last four games in '02, I was at the first '03 game in Maine. The Griz led by Jeff Disney at QB were not a Cadillac. Sorry that doesn't fit your narrative.

Yeah, I guess it's only funny when you have your own logic thrown back at you. Six games is a lot bigger sample set than three games.
I quoted a four game succession in which they lost three, including the streak breaker to MSU. You only seem to be railing on the three losses this year. If six in succession is really your target, what are the three wins you don't like?

kemajic said:
argh! said:
billingsgriz said:

Yes soft in spots yet. Olson is not soft, the likely Buck Buchanon winner, and was not even a starter in the previous regime. Can you explain that?

he was still developing both physically and mentally as a player, plus there was another very good player, with more experience, ahead of him. any idea of how many junior year buch buchanan winners were starters the year before?

PlayerRep said:
ordigger said:
horribilisfan8184 said:
UofMGrizFan said:

Not the same o-line, I think Jackson and Tores may have stuck around. Would we see better results? Who knows? I was for Stitt and I'm for Hauck...this program needs some stability so hopefully we keep Hauck for a while. All this Stitt ruined the program or Stitt would be doing better is pointless. We are where we are and have what we have. Time to move on.

PlayerRep said:
ordigger said:
horribilisfan8184 said:
UofMGrizFan said:

You keep bringing fav. Do you know what’s going with him?

He was going to Idaho state until 3 days before fall camp. He graduated from Montana and was entering into a program not offered at Montana. He was given a verbal unconditional release by Hauck. Hauck reneged on that and blocked him. He showed up at Duquesne 3 days after Fall camp started. Unlike what Bobby did with Sneed, Eastwood, his son and the other safety, Duquesne eased him in so they didn’t upset the other players. He was playing about 20 to 25 plays a game up until Hawaii. He broke his hand during the 1st drive at Hawaii and has been out for about 3 weeks after the surgery.
However in the first drive before getting hurt at Hawaii he had 4 tackles and a sack. How’s the production been for Montana in the position he played? From what I tell his stats for 1 drive against Hawaii is about half the total season production compared to the season totals of the guy they have starting at Montana.

kemajic said:
ordigger said:
kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:
Well, he just got rolled by two teams that Stitt blew out of the building, so not sure what I’m waiting for...
Maybe your're waiting for your man Stitt to find a coaching job. No one has been beating a path to his doorstep. Thought you were a little smarter than suggesting the 2017 and 2018 UND teams are the same. Half their team was unable to make the trip in 2017. They have already won more games than last year, this year to include Sam Houston St. in TX. They would have likely beaten anyone in the BSC yesterday. And PSU is not the doormat they were last year. Want to play that game - compare Stitt's record against CPSLO (0-2) vs. our 20 point win in their house this year. Such comparisons are useless; try to find something intelligent to feed your narrative. A lot of football left.

Speaking of narratives, give it a rest. You’ve been whining about Stitt for 3 years now. You’re hate is apparent, and your knowledge of the choices he made for his family, sorely lacking. You might be surprised who was “beating down a path to his doorstep”, and the reasons why he said no.
Just responding to AZ's constant Hauck bashing and Stitt idolizing using flawed arguments. Will keep doing so, in spite your valuable counselling. You're right I know nothing about decisions Stitt may have made; I just know he does not have a coaching job. Hauck does and he is OUR coach so it's time for you and AZ to stop the whining about decisions made long ago.

You really should read more of my posts. About 80% are pro-Hauck or anti-Stitt. But I realize that doesn’t fit your narrative. So carry on.

kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:
That’s pretty funny coming from the guy who uses a 3 game sample set to try and convince the masses that BH didn’t inherit a cadillac in his first stint here.

And Montana was 3-5 in ‘16, not 4-4. So Bobby has successfully changed OUR trajectory for the worse because if the last two weeks are any indication there’s not a snowball’s chance in hell of winning three more conference games.
Hmmm, speaking of funny, you seem to be making a lot more from a very small game sample set right now. But thanks for picking up my error which made Stitt look better than he was. You have to go back to 1985 to find a worse Montana BSC record than his 2016 3-5. Yes, we were unhappy. There remains a very good chance BH will beat that this year in spite of your Chicken Little rants.

After losing three of the last four games in '02, I was at the first '03 game in Maine. The Griz led by Jeff Disney at QB were not a Cadillac. Sorry that doesn't fit your narrative.

Yeah, I guess it's only funny when you have your own logic thrown back at you. Six games is a lot bigger sample set than three games.
I quoted a four game succession in which they lost three, including the streak breaker to MSU. You only seem to be railing on the three losses this year. If six in succession is really your target, what are the three wins you don't like?

I’m also talking about large portions of the games we won. Try and keep up.

argh! said:
AZGrizFan said:
argh! said:
PlayerRep said:

it was said to be poor the first couple years do to disgruntled juniors and seniors who preferred delaney, but to have improved significantly last year.

Knowing several players very well this was not the case. Team unity is much better this year, even with the latest struggles. Not.even.close.

Grizzly96 said:
argh! said:
AZGrizFan said:
argh! said:

Knowing several players very well this was not the case.

Yep....in fact, what I heard was that it was even worse...

argh! said:
kemajic said:
argh! said:
billingsgriz said:

he was still developing both physically and mentally as a player, plus there was another very good player, with more experience, ahead of him. any idea of how many junior year buch buchanan winners were starters the year before?

Who was ahead of him last year?

Latest posts

Back