• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Covid Updates - Not Politics

Ursa Major said:
PhxGriz said:
The issue wasn't the spying, it was the unmasking and subsequent release of surveillance findings to reporters.

You would think people could grasp the idea that if you speak to a person connected to the Kremlin your communications will be read.Maybe everyone forgot about General Flynn, who twice pleaded guilty for lying to the FBI about his contact with Ambassador Kissoff.

Sounds like more bait and switch.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/07/08/tucker-carlson-nsa-claims/

Being surveiled is expected, especially when you are trying to get an interview with Putin. But it is wrong for the government to unmask Carlson and then release his communications

argh! said:
w.h.o. asks the ccp to be more transparent about investigation into the origins of the virus.

https://www.scmp.com/news/world/europe/article/3141288/who-chief-asks-china-be-transparent-and-cooperate-covid-19-origin

Like the CCP is EVER going to tell the truth. 🙄

PhxGriz said:
Ursa Major said:
You would think people could grasp the idea that if you speak to a person connected to the Kremlin your communications will be read.Maybe everyone forgot about General Flynn, who twice pleaded guilty for lying to the FBI about his contact with Ambassador Kissoff.

Sounds like more bait and switch.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/07/08/tucker-carlson-nsa-claims/

Being surveiled is expected, especially when you are trying to get an interview with Putin. But it is wrong for the government to unmask Carlson and then release his communications

Why would that be, they are the enemy aren't they.

fanofzoo said:
PhxGriz said:

Why would that be, they are the enemy aren't they.

That would depend on if "your" team is backing the communists or the capitalists

Da Boyz Mom said:
argh! said:
w.h.o. asks the ccp to be more transparent about investigation into the origins of the virus.

https://www.scmp.com/news/world/europe/article/3141288/who-chief-asks-china-be-transparent-and-cooperate-covid-19-origin

Like the CCP is EVER going to tell the truth. 🙄

big surprise (not), the ccp is trying to invent a new narrative about covid origins. classic authoritarian nonsense, just pile on untenable lie after lie, no matter how big, and keep pushing it.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/diplomacy/article/3141823/china-pushing-its-own-coronavirus-lab-leak-theory-latest?module=lead_hero_story_1&pgtype=homepage

It will be interesting to see if we get another big surge this fall. It sure seems to be trending that direction.

wbtfg said:
It will be interesting to see if we get another big surge this fall. It sure seems to trending that direction.

I could absolutely envision if not the season at risk, certainly filled stadiums.

EverettGriz said:
wbtfg said:
It will be interesting to see if we get another big surge this fall. It sure seems to trending that direction.

I could absolutely envision if not the season at risk, certainly filled stadiums.

LA County reinstituted mask mandates indoors this past weekend. A few restaurants have re-closed. Over 99% of new cases and like 99% of new hospitalizations are unvaccinated in that county. ~97% of current hospitalizations nationwide are unvaccinated. I don't want to be negative, but I could definitely see restrictions in the fall because people refuse to get vaccinated.

"Officials have stressed that those who have been inoculated have an excellent chance of being protected, even from the easily spread Delta variant, believed to be twice as transmissible as the conventional coronavirus strains. Between Dec. 7 and June 7, the unvaccinated accounted for 99.6% of L.A. County’s coronavirus cases, 98.7% of COVID-19 hospitalizations and 99.8% of deaths."

https://www.latimes.com/california/...ill-require-masks-indoors-amid-covid-19-surge

so apparently the ccp covered up that bats were being kept in cages in the wuhan lab. that's a good way for a lazy caretaker to contract a virus. also, daszak's story is all over the place.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/evidence-mounts-wuhan-lab-studied-193700731.html

the ccp refuses to cooperate further with the w.h.o. in the search for the cause of the mess they gave the world. big surprise.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-57926368

CDAGRIZ said:
EverettGriz said:

LA County reinstituted mask mandates indoors this past weekend. A few restaurants have re-closed. Over 99% of new cases and like 99% of new hospitalizations are unvaccinated in that county. ~97% of current hospitalizations nationwide are unvaccinated. I don't want to be negative, but I could definitely see restrictions in the fall because people refuse to get vaccinated.

"Officials have stressed that those who have been inoculated have an excellent chance of being protected, even from the easily spread Delta variant, believed to be twice as transmissible as the conventional coronavirus strains. Between Dec. 7 and June 7, the unvaccinated accounted for 99.6% of L.A. County’s coronavirus cases, 98.7% of COVID-19 hospitalizations and 99.8% of deaths."

https://www.latimes.com/california/...ill-require-masks-indoors-amid-covid-19-surge

Why is this even news? Shouldn't all the new cases be from the unvaccinated? Technically, weren't all the cases before the vaccine from the unvaccinated? Seems like Captain Obvious to me.

MikeyGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Why is this even news? Shouldn't all the new cases be from the unvaccinated? Technically, weren't all the cases before the vaccine from the unvaccinated? Seems like Captain Obvious to me.
I think they're just trying to demonstrate how effective the vaccine is so unvaccinated people go out and get it. Check out this story from a nurse in Alabama about all the unvaccinated COVID patients.
https://twitter.com/JoyceWhiteVance/status/1417837412915499014?s=20

MikeyGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Well, not exactly. You can still get it if you're vaccinated, you are just extremely unlikely to take up a hospital bed and/or die. Accordingly, if enough people get vaccinated, they won't need to reimpose restrictions/lockdowns. I think that's the Captain Obvious part.

CDAGRIZ said:
MikeyGriz said:

Well, not exactly. You can still get it if you're vaccinated, you are just extremely unlikely to take up a hospital bed and/or die. Accordingly, if enough people get vaccinated, they won't need to reimpose restrictions/lockdowns. I think that's the Captain Obvious part.

I'm in the camp of those that are not sure they will ever relinqush that power. They will just continually move the goal posts.

MikeyGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I'm in the camp of those that are not sure they will ever relinqush that power. They will just continually move the goal posts.

Sure, they won't relinquish the power, because they've always had it. Whether they feel the need to exercise it is the point. They didn't just exercise the power when cases and deaths plummeted. They lifted restrictions. Even Newsom lifted restrictions when cases were way down in May and June. Bars, barbers, gyms, theaters, concert/sports venues, and small businesses of all kinds opened back up for business. I think the goalposts were left in the same place, but if sure seems like we could be moving back toward them. And hey, maybe some people want to put more places out of business, I really don't know the motivation.

I do know this: I see a slight disconnect between refusing the vaccine and then complaining about restrictions/people taking unemployment instead of working/no sports/businesses closing shop for good, etc., all of which were the direct result of the virus spreading the first time. I mean, we've already witnessed what governments did the first time, and most hated it. Now we know how to stop them from doing it again. Just the way I see it.

CDAGRIZ said:
MikeyGriz said:

Sure, they won't relinquish the power, because they've always had it. Whether they feel the need to exercise it is the point. They didn't just exercise the power when cases and deaths plummeted. They lifted restrictions. Even Newsom lifted restrictions when cases were way down in May and June. Bars, barbers, gyms, theaters, concert/sports venues, and small businesses of all kinds opened back up for business. I think the goalposts were left in the same place, but if sure seems like we could be moving back toward them. And hey, maybe some people want to put more places out of business, I really don't know the motivation.

I do know this: I see a slight disconnect between refusing the vaccine and then complaining about restrictions/people taking unemployment instead of working/no sports/businesses closing shop for good, etc., all of which were the direct result of the virus spreading the first time. I mean, we've already witnessed what governments did the first time, and most hated it. Now we know how to stop them from doing it again. Just the way I see it.

I don't know if people will comply with restrictions this time around as they did previously.

If you are among those who got the vaccine, or previously had COVID...it could be very frustrating because you were told getting the vaccine or having antibodies was the golden ticket.

We will NEVER achieve a 100 percent vaccination rate...

Can someone remind me what number gets us to herd immunity? I've lost the bubble on that.

Back