• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Dalton Sneed qb1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gresch is a proven commodity. For those unaware of his performances, check out the archived stories Griz 2017 MVPS. "In seven games as a starter, Jensen became one of the top passers in the Nation, and the best freshman QB to ever play for the Grizzlies. He is also first freshman in Montana history to receive the Steve Carlson MVP award." These are Facts, not opinions and wishes!
:)

GAnon said:
Jensen is a great player. Sneed is just better. A lot better. Big time addition.

What are you basing your opinion off of? Are you just trolling? I've been to every practice. I would grade both qbs pretty close right now. That may change. Not to mention it's only spring. But as has already been mentioned, who cares who the starter is? We need both and maybe another to step up as well when all is said and done. If you're not a Griz fan and just stirring things up or are a friend/relative of Sneed, keep it up though you're not doing him any favors on here. If you ARE a Griz fan, you should be hoping both young men stay healthy and get the opportunity to help lead the Griz to a successful season.

One other thing to remember. The Qb's are not taking hits from the defense at all. On passing plays a defensive player will often just run past the QB and the qb will pass the ball when he would have been sacked. You have to take their performances with a grain of salt because their is absolutely no danger of getting lit up at this point.

IdaGriz01 said:
Wow! We can only hope that the Griz have two guys at the QB position who can become essentially interchangeable. My recollection of Hauck's coaching style (modified by his time at SDSU, forget UNLV) is that he wants one guy in charge. But football history has shown, at every level, that "putting all your eggs in one basket" is a formula for disaster. Coaches handle it in different ways, but you better damn well have a capable backup ready to go. The Foles example for Phillie was a huge anomaly. Most times, when the prime QB goes down hard and the backup doesn't even halfway step up, the season is over for that team.
I know ... strange to bump my own post, but the page rolled over before I could get some feedback.

As I said ... I recall Hauck as very much a "one guy in charge" coach. Is my memory faulty on that?

Personally, I think most coaches (college and pro, don't know about HS) fail to develop their backups enough. Obviously this is not possible if your backup, or your team, is not competitive, but it just seems to make sense ... because your starter is almost guaranteed to get dinged up now and then.

Alaska Griz said:
GAnon said:
Jensen is a great player. Sneed is just better. A lot better. Big time addition.

What are you basing your opinion off of? Are you just trolling? I've been to every practice. I would grade both qbs pretty close right now. That may change. Not to mention it's only spring. But as has already been mentioned, who fkn cares who is the starter? We need both and maybe another to step up as well when all is said and done. If you're not a Griz fan and just stirring things up or are a friend/relative of Sneed, keep it up though you're not doing him any favors on here. If you ARE a Griz fan, you should be hoping both young men stay healthy and get the opportunity to help lead the Griz to a successful season.

One other thing to remember. The Qb's are not taking hits from the defense at all. On passing plays a defensive player will often just run past the QB and the qb will pass the ball when he would have been sacked. You have to take their performances with a grain of salt because their is absolutely no danger of getting lit up at this point.

“Not doing him any favors on here”.

Whoa easy psycho.

GAnon said:
Alaska Griz said:
GAnon said:

What are you basing your opinion off of? Are you just trolling? I've been to every practice. I would grade both qbs pretty close right now. That may change. Not to mention it's only spring. But as has already been mentioned, who fkn cares who is the starter? We need both and maybe another to step up as well when all is said and done. If you're not a Griz fan and just stirring things up or are a friend/relative of Sneed, keep it up though you're not doing him any favors on here. If you ARE a Griz fan, you should be hoping both young men stay healthy and get the opportunity to help lead the Griz to a successful season.

Whoa easy psycho.

Just respond to the post instead of name calling. I'm waiting...

GAnon said:
Chet_Ripley said:
GAnon said:
Sneed will surprise a lot of people this spring.

Hopefully he surprises Buss and is in attendance at any and all meetings.

doubt Josh is questioning Sneed’s commitment or abilities now. hes been shreading this defense.

Man we have very different views on "shredding" a defense. Especially one that isn't even hitting the quarterbacks, yet. I'm hoping his completion percentage gets much better when that happens

My opinion of Sneed goes down a bit more every time Ganon posts. Alaska is right...he's not helping Dalton at all :twocents:

Alaska Griz said:
GAnon said:
Alaska Griz said:
GAnon said:

Whoa easy psycho.

Just respond to the post instead of name calling. I'm waiting...

Don’t wait too long cus he’s obviously trolling. So far he’s done ok but that’s cus he caught y’all off guard since no history on the board. From here on out, non of his posts should be taken seriously.

I said Sneed can play and is a legit qb1 option. Which is TRUE. Did not throw Jensen under the bus, said Jensen is great,,

but from what Ive seen and heard Sneed has the upper hand.

GAnon said:
I said Sneed can play and is a legit qb1 option. Which is TRUE. Did not throw Jensen under the bus, said Jensen is great,,

Why’d you edit your original post? Guilty conscience?

Sounds to me that GA is a Sneed fan. He's entitled to his opinion. Others are favoring Jensen, because of his solid FR season and knowing all the returning players. We all know Jensen has a bright future. We have yet to see that from Sneed. However, if Sneed beats out Jensen, then yes, the GRIZ will be in fantastic shape at QB for a few years. We will all know who wins the job, whenever Hauck makes it official. I doubt that will happen in spring drills.

GAnon said:

Thanks Mr?Mrs?Dalton?Sneed. Walk on poster, 12 total posts all about how good Sneed is....hmmmmmm

Hey everyone! Short time listener, first time caller here.

Gabe Sulser is a baller! Legit! Blue-chip!

He's better than JLM.

This thread... :roll:

SoldierGriz said:

Gabe Sulze is a baller! Legit! Blue-chip!

He's better than JLM.

Better then JLM!!? Are you kidding me!? JLM is a proven commodity and Sulser hasn’t done nothin for us yet and neither has ever played for these coaches and besides, if they’re both just as good, then it can’t be bad for us....wait a sec, I see what you did there.

alabamagrizzly said:
SoldierGriz said:

Gabe Sulze is a baller! Legit! Blue-chip!

He's better than JLM.

Better then JLM!!? Are you kidding me!? JLM is a proven commodity and Sulser hasn’t done nothin for us yet and neither has ever played for these coaches and besides, if they’re both just as good, then it can’t be bad for us....wait a sec, I see what you did there.

:lol: solid exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back