• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Dalton Sneed qb1

Status
Not open for further replies.
signedbewildered said:
GAnon said:
Jensen is a great player. Sneed is just better. A lot better. Big time addition.

Sneed is different. Not essentially better. Big difference.

Agreed. They're both of their own style. Gresch has that quick flick on the deep ball consistently where only the receiver can catch it. Sneed is accurate and quick. For a Griz comparison, I see Sneed almost like a more muscled Jordan Johnson. Similar speed and arm strength. Dalton and Gresch both roll out well. Gresch runs in between the tackles better, imo. I see Gresch as a mix of Andrew Selle and Craig Ochs. Of course either one would set themselves apart with a championship :thumb:

Either way, both are throwing to a talented and deep wr corp: Jerry Louis-McGee, Keenan Curran, Justin Calhoun, Samouri Toure, Sammy Akem, Malik Flowers, Lamarriel Tayor etc.

Not quite sure if your trolling or not Gnon but we as Griz Nation don't really need this kind of bullshit right now. Don't get me wrong cuz I love the competition. May the best man win. But I'm pretty sure neither one is head and shoulders above the other one. So knock that shit off. Guaranteed we will need both of them throughout the season and they will be rooting each other on. Cuz that's what being a TRUE GRIZ is all about!

alabamagrizzly said:
SoldierGriz said:
Hey everyone! Short time listener, first time caller here.

Gabe Sulze is a baller! Legit! Blue-chip!

He's better than JLM.

This thread... :roll:

Better then JLM!!? Are you kidding me!? JLM is a proven commodity and Sulser hasn’t done nothin for us yet and neither has ever played for these coaches and besides, if they’re both just as good, then it can’t be bad for us....wait a sec, I see what you did there.

So, it looks like they're biting on Sneed today, ya?
flyfisher.jpg

Grizwold said:
Not quite sure if your trolling or not Gnon but we as Griz Nation don't really need this kind of bullshit right now. Don't get me wrong cuz I love the competition. May the best man win. But I'm pretty sure neither one is head and shoulders above the other one. So knock that shit off. Guaranteed we will need both of them throughout the season and they will be rooting each other on. Cuz that's what being a TRUE GRIZ is all about!

“This kind of bullshit right now”?

What do you mean? What did I say?

GRIZFAN20 said:
I would think most people on this board are confident Jensen will be QB1 to start the season based on his performance last year. That is not a knock on Sneed, just a reflection of Jensen's great play as a freshman who didn't even have starter reps in practice until Phillips went down.

That being said, if Sneed is the better choice in terms of not just athletic ability, but leadership, poise and ability to direct the offense, then absolutely he should be the starter. It would be great to have two solid QBs on the roster and as others have mentioned, they are both Griz and we want both to succeed. Looking forward to seeing both QBs this spring & fall.

Imagine having both them on the field. QB1 under center or in shotgun and QB2 somewhere.

Both threats to run/toss or pass

UMcheer2000 said:
GRIZFAN20 said:
I would think most people on this board are confident Jensen will be QB1 to start the season based on his performance last year. That is not a knock on Sneed, just a reflection of Jensen's great play as a freshman who didn't even have starter reps in practice until Phillips went down.

That being said, if Sneed is the better choice in terms of not just athletic ability, but leadership, poise and ability to direct the offense, then absolutely he should be the starter. It would be great to have two solid QBs on the roster and as others have mentioned, they are both Griz and we want both to succeed. Looking forward to seeing both QBs this spring & fall.

Imagine having both them on the field. QB1 under center or in shotgun and QB2 somewhere.

Both threats to run/toss or pass

Imagine QB1, QB2 and Q3 on the field at the same time! Light it up like a pinball machine!

GAnon said:
Grizwold said:

“This kind of bullshit right now”?

What do you mean? What did I say?

You gotta be real careful around here espousing opinions that don't jive with some sensitive folks...they take that shit REAAAAL personal. :lol: :lol:

Good article that just came out on the QB competition:

http://gogriz.com/news/2018/3/21/football-quarterbacks-embracing-competition-during-spring-ball.aspx

unsure what these coaches angle is but sheesh.

http://gogriz.com/news/2018/3/21/football-quarterbacks-embracing-competition-during-spring-ball.aspx

Heated competition? Can’t be true.

GAnon said:

Dude, you're unwittingly using sarcasm to argue your original point now. There's a good (heated) qb competition going on, that's what the coaches are saying, that's what most on here are suggesting. No one believes it's some one sided affair like your posts allude to. You have your opinion, great. With that said, I'd like to know what specifically YOU are seeing in practice that shows you Sneed is the clear number 1? Completion percentage, turnovers, mechanics, rapport with team? Got anything other than a highlight clip from UNLV?

Alaska Griz said:
GAnon said:

Dude, you're unwittingly using sarcasm to argue your original point now. There's a good (heated) qb competition going on, that's what the coaches are saying, that's what most on here are suggesting. No one believes it's some one sided affair like your posts allude to. You have your opinion, great. With that said, I'd like to know what specifically YOU are seeing in practice that shows you Sneed is the clear number 1? Completion percentage, turnovers, mechanics, rapport with team? Got anything other than a highlight clip from UNLV?

Ding ding ding. Winner.

Alaska Griz said:
GAnon said:

No. You completely changed my mind. Unwittingly I might add.

There will be more GAnon posts for you trip over Alaska. Paitience, son.

GAnon said:
Alaska Griz said:
GAnon said:

No. You completely changed my mind. Unwittingly I might add.

There will be more GAnon posts for you trip over Alaska. Paitience, son.

Just wanted you to refer to yourself in the 3rd person, thus acknowledging that you're a troll. I think you're one of the posters recently banned on here...one who used "I might add" at the end of a lot of sentences and continually avoided direct questions. I'll leave you alone from now on. You're sad.

There’s an urban legend in Butte about Mr Ganon (before he was run out of town with a bag full of money).
Story goes that he tried to sit next to a little old lady in church and she asked him to move because she was affraid of catching a rogue bullet meant for him.
Just food for thought

Grandma Griz said:
Gresch is a proven commodity. For those unaware of his performances, check out the archived stories Griz 2017 MVPS. "In seven games as a starter, Jensen became one of the top passers in the Nation, and the best freshman QB to ever play for the Grizzlies. He is also first freshman in Montana history to receive the Steve Carlson MVP award." These are Facts, not opinions and wishes!
:)

Accomplished against the bottom of the BSC. Would have been more impressive against the top. But yes, Gresch is a STUD. We all love him, of course.

Sneed is also a proven commodity of sorts (HS). He threw for more yards in two years (HS) than Jensen did in three years (HS). Sneed was a two-time All State QB selection, Jensen was never. Sneed ranked as a three-star recruit by both 247Sports and ESPN ... Listed as the No. 79 pro-style QB in the country.

99% of Griz Nation is for both QBs!!! We will support both of them. GO GRIZ

Bottom line on this: You can never have enough QB1 caliber's on your team, nobody knows that better than us the last few years. Whoever loses out on the starting job better stay ready.

garizzalies said:
There’s an urban legend in Butte about Mr Ganon (before he was run out of town with a bag full of money).
Story goes that he tried to sit next to a little old lady in church and she asked him to move because she was affraid of catching a rogue bullet meant for him.
Just food for thought

Gannon....and, a Notre Dame grad... sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back