• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Early EGriz BSC Poll

thirdandlong said:
SaskGriz said:
Actually I spent time and effort making sure my opinion had something more behind it than "well that's what I think."

And your efforts are wasted, because the Cats have out-recruited Bobby since Bobby has returned, both in-state, and out-of-state, and most knowledgeable fans understand this.
Here is something else to "research"? Wanna explain how the Cats have beaten Hauck 2.0 in all except one game, if our recruiting is better than theirs? There are three possible reasons why the Cats currently own us in football. #1- they recruit better athletes.... #2- they are better at developing their athletes.... #3- they are better at coaching their athletes.

Take your pick, do your "research", and tell us which of the three is true. Or, are all three true?

I am a Griz fan who deals in results, not hype and lame excuses, such as "our injured QB". The results in the recent Griz/Cat games speak for themselves.
I'm sorry son; Is there someone else home we can talk to?
Which of your two statements about VIM are you going with today? I can't play the game if you move the goal posts; either VIM is the expert or VIM is not. If he is; which class from 2018 to 2022 did MSU get higher ranked recruits? If he isn't; which class do you think was a better get for the CATS and WHAT IS YOUR CRITERIA??? For the life of me I can't figure out how you come to these conclusions if your whole argument is "and most knowledgeable fans understand this".

thirdandlong said:
SaskGriz said:
I'm sorry I don't understand your post. I just used VIM's list to show that since Hauck has returned we've gotten just as many if not more top recruits from in state. Most of us, yourself included, have accepted that VIM knows more about Montana high school players than anybody, so we have confidence in his opinions. Doesn't to "own" something mean you are dominating it? Show me some recruiting data that shows how the CATS are dominating recruiting.
Now you are saying; could it be the coaching, could it be out of state recruiting??? WTF does that have to do with the topic of who "owns" the State in terms of recruiting high school players.
You've bad mouthed teachers before, I'm thinking you might have been self-taught. In a football discussion about how badly Coach Hauck and his staff are at recruiting in-state when compared to the Cats, I would teach my students to compare Coach Hauck and his staffs in-state recruiting to that of the Cats. Just food for thought, the next time you rant off about how nobody on here wants to discuss football.

I said VIM knows a lot about Montana high school football. That doesn't mean that his 'rankings" are accurate, or the end-all in evaluating recruits. Did we recruit Mellott?
You totally missed my point regarding recruiting. What I posted was that, during Hauck 1.0, we used to get 8 of the state's top 10 players. We basically had our pick of the kids we wanted to sign, and the Cats got the left-overs, unless there was a legacy situation. Now, even a Canadian teacher should be able to admit that the Cats have not only closed that gap, but in my opinion have surpassed Hauck 2.0 in signing in-state kids.
Interesting how you conveniently ignored the main point of my previous recruiting post just to attempt to prove me wrong. Maybe get that masters in teaching.

Here’s what you said in 2 posts on Wednesday:

"The Cats own the state now in recruiting, and unfortunately I don't see that changing under Hauck.”

"Everyone who knows jack about football, knows that the Cats have owned the state in football recruiting since Hauck got here.

Sask then shows that you were wrong and provides data. Then, you try to say the Cats “have closed the gap”. See be;pw

Now, you are saying: "What I posted was that, during Hauck 1.0, we used to get 8 of the state's top 10 players. We basically had our pick of the kids we wanted to sign, and the Cats got the left-overs, unless there was a legacy situation. Now, even a Canadian teacher should be able to admit that the Cats have not only closed that gap,

Stop moving the goal post, and just admit that you were wrong (and Sask was right). Sask isn’t trying to be right. He’s straying to prove you are wrong. Big difference.

You are all Narrative, and lack knowledge and substance.

thirdandlong said:
SaskGriz said:
Actually I spent time and effort making sure my opinion had something more behind it than "well that's what I think."

And your efforts are wasted, because the Cats have out-recruited Bobby since Bobby has returned, both in-state, and out-of-state, and most knowledgeable fans understand this.
Here is something else to "research"? Wanna explain how the Cats have beaten Hauck 2.0 in all except one game, if our recruiting is better than theirs? There are three possible reasons why the Cats currently own us in football. #1- they recruit better athletes.... #2- they are better at developing their athletes.... #3- they are better at coaching their athletes.

Take your pick, do your "research", and tell us which of the three is true. Or, are all three true?

I am a Griz fan who deals in results, not hype and lame excuses, such as "our injured QB". The results in the recent Griz/Cat games speak for themselves.

We are 1-1 since missing the time with Covid. That is in no way "owning" us. They had their best year in modern history last year. They won one. When did we lose our resilience and confidence? We took concrete steps in the offseason to get back on the winning side of that.

He literally proved that we are not being "owned" in recruiting. Who has Vigen developed? He might be about to run out of steam on the coattails of Choate.

But, really, more than anything else, I would again ask you why is this fun for you? What joy do you get in being a "fan" that just badmouths the team you profess to support. I genuinely want to know. What pleasure do you get out of this?

ElrodGrizzly said:
thirdandlong said:

We are 1-1 since missing the time with Covid. That is in no way "owning" us. They had their best year in modern history last year. They won one. When did we lose our resilience and confidence? We took concrete steps in the offseason to get back on the winning side of that.

He literally proved that we are not being "owned" in recruiting. Who has Vigen developed? He might be about to run out of steam on the coattails of Choate.

But, really, more than anything else, I would again ask you why is this fun for you? What joy do you get in being a "fan" that just badmouths the team you profess to support. I genuinely want to know. What pleasure do you get out of this?

He's still butt hurt from being cut from the UM baseball team, which was a club sport, in the late 60s.

mthoopsfan said:
ElrodGrizzly said:

He's still butt hurt from being cut from the UM baseball team, which was a club sport, in the late 60s.

Well, I am sure they regret that now, seeing the terror he has rained down upon the University with his *checks notes* randomly inconsistent message board attacks.

thirdandlong said:
SoldierGriz said:
If they had recruited him...he would be playing defense...that's certain.

And, he is more talented an athlete than some of the defenders we have recruited. Bobby is famous for recruiting high school QBs, and moving them to other positions. So, he missed on Mellott, and the Cats didn't.

Maybe that’s because….wait for it….HE WANTED TO PLAY QB. He was NEVER going to play QB at Montana, plain and simple.

Your argument is a non-starter, honestly.

AZGrizFan said:
thirdandlong said:
And, he is more talented an athlete than some of the defenders we have recruited. Bobby is famous for recruiting high school QBs, and moving them to other positions. So, he missed on Mellott, and the Cats didn't.

Maybe that’s because….wait for it….HE WANTED TO PLAY QB. He was NEVER going to play QB at Montana, plain and simple.

Truth. Seems like a great guy. Very tough competitor. But he wasn’t going to be a QB at any program that runs a balanced offense that requires dudes to make certain throws. I’m sure he knows that, and I’m sure he’s fine with it. He found his fit; wasn’t here.

AZGrizFan said:
thirdandlong said:

Every high school QB wants to play QB at the next level. Bobby has recruited many high school QBs who came in as a QB, then was moved to another position. Mellott was never promised that he would play QB at MSU. He was given the opportunity to convince the coaches that he could play QB at this level. Bobby did the same thing with Garrett Graves.

mthoopsfan said:
ElrodGrizzly said:

Nice try. The Griz baseball team in the late 60s, was a NCAA sport, with several players on sports scholarships, coached by Frank Schoonover and John Elway's cousin, Lem Elway. John Kidd, our best starting pitcher was the only player a full on scholarship, with several others on partials.

You are desperate and pathetic. You didn't even attend UM, but think you know everything about our athletic past. Keep trying to be relevant, while everyone continue to laugh at you, especially the bar tenders at two popular Missoula bars, who you think like you, but who mock you behind your back.

ElrodGrizzly said:
thirdandlong said:

I just write the truth, and not hype. How can you defend Bobby Hauck's record, both in the conference, in the playoffs, and against the Cats since he came back as coach? You can't. And if you try to, it just makes you look foolish.

The difference in me and you is that I want a change in our head coach. i don't think Hauck has produced anything to warrant keeping his job. We fired Stitt for similar performance, after only three seasons. But Hauck has done no better than Stitt after 5 seasons. And yet so many of you still support him.

I have asked the following question to all of you Hauck supporters before, and NONE of you have the gonads to answer it, for fear of incurring the wrath of the sugar-coaters who rule this board, living by the mantra "wait until next season". I'm not a member of that ilk. Five years is enough for me to deduce that Hauck 2.0 is not working.

So, I'll ask the question ONE MORE TIME, and see if any of you are capable of putting-on your big boy pants and answering.......

"If Hauck loses again to the Bobcats in 2023, and goes no deeper than a second round playoff loss following our annual first-round home game win bought by our deep pockets, will you still support keeping Bobby???"

Remember, the Cats are ranked much higher than us, so they will be favored to beat us again this season. Now, step-up and be counted Hauck supporters.

thirdandlong said:
ElrodGrizzly said:

I just write the truth, and not hype. How can you defend Bobby Hauck's record, both in the conference, in the playoffs, and against the Cats since he came back as coach? You can't. And if you try to, it just makes you look foolish.

The difference in me and you is that I want a change in our head coach. i don't think Hauck has produced anything to warrant keeping his job. We fired Stitt for similar performance, after only three seasons. But Hauck has done no better than Stitt after 5 seasons. And yet so many of you still support him.

I have asked the following question to all of you Hauck supporters before, and NONE of you have the gonads to answer it, for fear of incurring the wrath of the sugar-coaters who rule this board, living by the mantra "wait until next season". I'm not a member of that ilk. Five years is enough for me to deduce that Hauck 2.0 is not working.

So, I'll ask the question ONE MORE TIME, and see if any of you are capable of putting-on your big boy pants and answering.......

"If Hauck loses again to the Bobcats in 2023, and goes no deeper than a second round playoff loss following our annual first-round home game win bought by our deep pockets, will you still support keeping Bobby???"

Remember, the Cats are ranked much higher than us, so they will be favored to beat us again this season. Now, step-up and be counted Hauck supporters.
Yes.

We will beat MSU this fall AGAIN.

thirdandlong said:
AZGrizFan said:

Every high school QB wants to play QB at the next level. Bobby has recruited many high school QBs who came in as a QB, then was moved to another position. Mellott was never promised that he would play QB at MSU. He was given the opportunity to convince the coaches that he could play QB at this level. Bobby did the same thing with Garrett Graves.

Doesn't change the fact that Mellot's QB style was NOT a good fit for Bobby's offense. Being able to PLAY QB at this level and being able to play QB in an offense designed for your unique skillset are two entirely different things....Vigen's offense was exactly that. It's not a grand fucking conspiracy every time we lose a recruit to the 'Scats. Your argument holds no merit...as usual.

CDAGRIZ said:
AZGrizFan said:

Truth. Seems like a great guy. Very tough competitor. But he wasn’t going to be a QB at any program that runs a balanced offense that requires dudes to make certain throws. I’m sure he knows that, and I’m sure he’s fine with it. He found his fit; wasn’t here.

Exactly. Occam's razor. :| :|

AZGrizFan said:
thirdandlong said:

Doesn't change the fact that Mellot's QB style was NOT a good fit for Bobby's offense. Being able to PLAY QB at this level and being able to play QB in an offense designed for your unique skillset are two entirely different things....Vigen's offense was exactly that. It's not a grand fudge conspiracy every time we lose a recruit to the 'Scats. Your argument holds no merit...as usual.

You're getting as good at spinning as our resident spin-master, Hoops. Bobby would take Mellott in a New York minute. I am told by a Butte buddy who knows Mellott, that he wanted to come to Montana. My arguments are the most valid on the board, because I deal in facts, not spin. If you can't deal with mt posts, stop reading them. You're trying a bit too hard to join the "popular" posters.

kemajic said:
thirdandlong said:

Yes.

We will beat MSU this fall AGAIN.

Nice deflection on futures...... with a dose of hope and prayer, since the taste of crow is not to your liking.

mthoopsfan said:
ElrodGrizzly said:

I just looked through some old photos, and found one of me wearing a "UM Varsity Baseball" T-shirt". I'd like to shut this clueless lying hack up once and for all about my UM baseball days. By the way, UM baseball was a varsity scholar-shipped sport, until it was eliminated along with wrestling, swimming, and men's golf, to accommodate adding four women's sports.

Since I am old, and not familiar with how to take a photo, and post it on this site, I would appreciate it if someone would tell me how to do this....... and I will post the photo here to make Hoops look like the dope that we all know he is. This will be fun!

thirdandlong said:
AZGrizFan said:
Doesn't change the fact that Mellot's QB style was NOT a good fit for Bobby's offense. Being able to PLAY QB at this level and being able to play QB in an offense designed for your unique skillset are two entirely different things....Vigen's offense was exactly that. It's not a grand fudge conspiracy every time we lose a recruit to the 'Scats. Your argument holds no merit...as usual.

You're getting as good at spinning as our resident spin-master, Hoops. Bobby would take Mellott in a New York minute. I am told by a Butte buddy who knows Mellott, that he wanted to come to Montana. My arguments are the most valid on the board, because I deal in facts, not spin. If you can't deal with mt posts, stop reading them. You're trying a bit too hard to join the "popular" posters.

Bobby would take Mellott and do what with him? He ain't playing QB in this offense.

thirdandlong said:
mthoopsfan said:

I just looked through some old photos, and found one of me wearing a "UM Varsity Baseball" T-shirt". I'd like to shut this clueless lying hack up once and for all about my UM baseball days. By the way, UM baseball was a varsity scholar-shipped sport, until it was eliminated along with wrestling, swimming, and men's golf, to accommodate adding four women's sports.

Since I am old, and not familiar with how to take a photo, and post it on this site, I would appreciate it if someone would tell me how to do this....... and I will post the photo here to make Hoops look like the dope that we all know he is. This will be fun!

How many years did you play baseball? Who was your head coach each year. Why are you not listed in the UM Red Book as being on the baseball team? Why is there no player listed from Ohio. Another poster once said you were not listed in the Red Book. I just looked. Didn't see your name.

I photo with a baseball T-shirt. Maybe a deep fake?

mthoopsfan said:
thirdandlong said:

How many years did you play baseball? Who was your head coach each year. Why are you not listed in the UM Red Book as being on the baseball team? Why is there no player listed from Ohio. Another poster once said you were not listed in the Red Book. I just looked. Didn't see your name.

I thought you said baseball at UM was a club sport? Might wanna ask Bob O'Billovich, Dewey Allen, or Mick O'Neil if the UM baseball team they played on was a club sport. You don't like it when your scat is called. I'm not humoring your ignorant questions. Talk to your Red Book buddies. I told you who my managers were, one year under each.

I just knew you would come-up with the lame "fake photo" B.S., because that is what you do every time some one calls your bluff. You are one pathetic old gomer. Desperate for attention.

Now, someone please explain the method I need to use to post this old photo, taken in 1973, to egriz. I know, I know, I am a dinosaur when it comes to technology, but please humor me one time so I can shut this guy up!

thirdandlong said:
mthoopsfan said:

I thought you said baseball at UM was a club sport? Might wanna ask Bob O'Billovich, Dewey Allen, or Mick O'Neil if the UM baseball team they played on was a club sport. You don't like it when your scat is called. I'm not humoring your ignorant questions. Talk to your Red Book buddies. I told you who my managers were, one year under each.

I just knew you would come-up with the lame "fake photo" B.S., because that is what you do every time some one calls your bluff. You are one pathetic old gomer. Desperate for attention.

Now, someone please explain the method I need to use to post this old photo, taken in 1973, to egriz. I know, I know, I am a dinosaur when it comes to technology, but please humor me one time so I can shut this guy up!

I thought you said you played baseball. You can't name your coach. You can't explain why your name is not in the Red Book.

Bob O'Billovich played in the early 60's, long before you got to Missoula. Did you play with Babe Ruth too?

You have said you graduated in 1971. Baseball had been dropped by 1973. Had they had a campus wide sale of cheap athletic leftovers?

Back