• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Early EGriz BSC Poll

AZGrizFan said:
:twisted:
LivingstonNative said:
So, a lot of polls have Idaho as number one.
I believe Eck is in his second year.
And then we have Bobby who is in what year?
This is a wait and see year for me.

If Idaho goes 10-1 I’ll walk naked down Main Street. :twisted: :twisted:

Again? If this happens - won't be such a LONG shot after all. :lol:

SaskGriz said:
thirdandlong said:
Nice try with the "data". Everyone who knows jack about football, knows that the Cats have owned the state in football recruiting since Hauck got here.
So, if your "data" says the Griz have recruited the state better, then why are they getting destroyed in all but one season by the Cats??? Could it be the coaching? Could it be Bobby's failure to recruit out-of-state as well as the Cats? The losses don't lie.
I'm sorry I don't understand your post. I just used VIM's list to show that since Hauck has returned we've gotten just as many if not more top recruits from in state. Most of us, yourself included, have accepted that VIM knows more about Montana high school players than anybody, so we have confidence in his opinions. Doesn't to "own" something mean you are dominating it? Show me some recruiting data that shows how the CATS are dominating recruiting.
Now you are saying; could it be the coaching, could it be out of state recruiting??? WTF does that have to do with the topic of who "owns" the State in terms of recruiting high school players.
You've bad mouthed teachers before, I'm thinking you might have been self-taught. In a football discussion about how badly Coach Hauck and his staff are at recruiting in-state when compared to the Cats, I would teach my students to compare Coach Hauck and his staffs in-state recruiting to that of the Cats. Just food for thought, the next time you rant off about how nobody on here wants to discuss football.

I said VIM knows a lot about Montana high school football. That doesn't mean that his 'rankings" are accurate, or the end-all in evaluating recruits. Did we recruit Mellott?
You totally missed my point regarding recruiting. What I posted was that, during Hauck 1.0, we used to get 8 of the state's top 10 players. We basically had our pick of the kids we wanted to sign, and the Cats got the left-overs, unless there was a legacy situation. Now, even a Canadian teacher should be able to admit that the Cats have not only closed that gap, but in my opinion have surpassed Hauck 2.0 in signing in-state kids.
Interesting how you conveniently ignored the main point of my previous recruiting post just to attempt to prove me wrong. Maybe get that masters in teaching.

thirdandlong said:
SaskGriz said:
I'm sorry I don't understand your post. I just used VIM's list to show that since Hauck has returned we've gotten just as many if not more top recruits from in state. Most of us, yourself included, have accepted that VIM knows more about Montana high school players than anybody, so we have confidence in his opinions. Doesn't to "own" something mean you are dominating it? Show me some recruiting data that shows how the CATS are dominating recruiting.
Now you are saying; could it be the coaching, could it be out of state recruiting??? WTF does that have to do with the topic of who "owns" the State in terms of recruiting high school players.
You've bad mouthed teachers before, I'm thinking you might have been self-taught. In a football discussion about how badly Coach Hauck and his staff are at recruiting in-state when compared to the Cats, I would teach my students to compare Coach Hauck and his staffs in-state recruiting to that of the Cats. Just food for thought, the next time you rant off about how nobody on here wants to discuss football.

I said VIM knows a lot about Montana high school football. That doesn't mean that his 'rankings" are accurate, or the end-all in evaluating recruits. Did we recruit Mellott?
You totally missed my point regarding recruiting. What I posted was that, during Hauck 1.0, we used to get 8 of the state's top 10 players. We basically had our pick of the kids we wanted to sign, and the Cats got the left-overs, unless there was a legacy situation. Now, even a Canadian teacher should be able to admit that the Cats have not only closed that gap, but in my opinion have surpassed Hauck 2.0 in signing in-state kids.
Interesting how you conveniently ignored the main point of my previous recruiting post just to attempt to prove me wrong. Maybe get that masters in teaching.

So, I guess it boils down to this:

1) Hauck is a proven success at recruiting in Montana.

2) The Bobcats have better coaches than they used to, and had more success, and are now recruiting MUCH stronger than they used to.

3) Because of points 1 and 2, the recruiting is more even than ever before.

I don't think anyone would disagree with those points.

LivingstonNative said:

Who is showing Idaho at no. 1?

Idaho was 7-5 last season, with only 1 good win (UM). Lost its playoff game. Was ranked no. 18, post-season.

Bobby's Griz were 10-3 in year 2, and ranked no. 6 post-season.

Idaho is going to lose a bunch of games this season. Idaho isn't going to get close to being no. 6, post-season. You are welcome to Eck.

ElrodGrizzly said:
thirdandlong said:

2) The Bobcats have better drinking coaches than they used to, and had many more DUIs, and are now blowing MUCH higher BACs than they used to.

FYP, Elrod.

AZGrizFan said:
LivingstonNative said:

Don't do it in Bozeman.

EverettGriz said:
ElrodGrizzly said:

2) The Bobcats have better drinking coaches than they used to, and had many more DUIs, and are now blowing MUCH higher BACs than they used to.

FYP, Elrod.

Well, this is it. The day I am so old that I don't know what slang means. I didn't think it would be this young, but here I am. I even tried to google. But now I have to ask, what does "FYP" mean in this context?

ElrodGrizzly said:
EverettGriz said:
FYP, Elrod.

Well, this is it. The day I am so old that I don't know what slang means. I didn't think it would be this young, but here I am. I even tried to google. But now I have to ask, what does "FYP" mean in this context?

:lol: :lol:

It’s okay; I had to google it the first time I saw it used: “Fixed Your Post”

AZGrizFan said:
LivingstonNative said:

I Will Join you & it wont be a Pretty Site! :lol:

EverettGriz said:
ElrodGrizzly said:

:lol: :lol:

It’s okay; I had to google it the first time I saw it used: “Fixed Your Post”

Bahaha, didn't even see you edited the quote. Well played.

thirdandlong said:
SaskGriz said:

" It is discussed verbatim every year on here, and yes, VIM's rankings seem to be spot-on."

Both of these are quotes from Thirdandlong. One has to admit it makes football discussions a tad difficult.

SaskGriz said:
thirdandlong said:
" It is discussed verbatim every year on here, and yes, VIM's rankings seem to be spot-on."

Both of these are quotes from Thirdandlong. One has to admit it makes football discussions a tad difficult.

Look dude, if you have the eternal need to be right, then have yourself a ball. As I said, my point was that we used to dominate the in-state recruiting under Hauck 1.0, but no longer. Teachers seem to be easily amused, so no mystery as to why you spent so much time and effort "being right"

thirdandlong said:
SaskGriz said:

Look dude, if you have the eternal need to be right, then have yourself a ball. As I said, my point was that we used to dominate the in-state recruiting under Hauck 1.0, but no longer. Teachers seem to be easily amused, so no mystery as to why you spent so much time and effort "being right"
Actually I spent time and effort making sure my opinion had something more behind it than "well that's what I think."

thirdandlong said:
SaskGriz said:

Did we recruit Mellott? Do you want Bobby to completely change his offense just to land a guy like Mellott? That’s just an ignorant argument.

AZGrizFan said:
thirdandlong said:

Did we recruit Mellott? Do you want Bobby to completely change his offense just to land a guy like Mellott? That’s just an ignorant argument.

If they had recruited him...he would be playing defense...that's certain.

SoldierGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

If they had recruited him...he would be playing defense...that's certain.

And, he is more talented an athlete than some of the defenders we have recruited. Bobby is famous for recruiting high school QBs, and moving them to other positions. So, he missed on Mellott, and the Cats didn't.

SaskGriz said:
thirdandlong said:
Actually I spent time and effort making sure my opinion had something more behind it than "well that's what I think."

And your efforts are wasted, because the Cats have out-recruited Bobby since Bobby has returned, both in-state, and out-of-state, and most knowledgeable fans understand this.
Here is something else to "research"? Wanna explain how the Cats have beaten Hauck 2.0 in all except one game, if our recruiting is better than theirs? There are three possible reasons why the Cats currently own us in football. #1- they recruit better athletes.... #2- they are better at developing their athletes.... #3- they are better at coaching their athletes.

Take your pick, do your "research", and tell us which of the three is true. Or, are all three true?

I am a Griz fan who deals in results, not hype and lame excuses, such as "our injured QB". The results in the recent Griz/Cat games speak for themselves.

Back