• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Early EGriz BSC Poll

thirdandlong said:
ElrodGrizzly said:
We are 1-1 since missing the time with Covid. That is in no way "owning" us. They had their best year in modern history last year. They won one. When did we lose our resilience and confidence? We took concrete steps in the offseason to get back on the winning side of that.

He literally proved that we are not being "owned" in recruiting. Who has Vigen developed? He might be about to run out of steam on the coattails of Choate.

But, really, more than anything else, I would again ask you why is this fun for you? What joy do you get in being a "fan" that just badmouths the team you profess to support. I genuinely want to know. What pleasure do you get out of this?

I just write the truth, and not hype. How can you defend Bobby Hauck's record, both in the conference, in the playoffs, and against the Cats since he came back as coach? You can't. And if you try to, it just makes you look foolish.

The difference in me and you is that I want a change in our head coach. i don't think Hauck has produced anything to warrant keeping his job. We fired Stitt for similar performance, after only three seasons. But Hauck has done no better than Stitt after 5 seasons. And yet so many of you still support him.

I have asked the following question to all of you Hauck supporters before, and NONE of you have the gonads to answer it, for fear of incurring the wrath of the sugar-coaters who rule this board, living by the mantra "wait until next season". I'm not a member of that ilk. Five years is enough for me to deduce that Hauck 2.0 is not working.

So, I'll ask the question ONE MORE TIME, and see if any of you are capable of putting-on your big boy pants and answering.......

"If Hauck loses again to the Bobcats in 2023, and goes no deeper than a second round playoff loss following our annual first-round home game win bought by our deep pockets, will you still support keeping Bobby???"

Remember, the Cats are ranked much higher than us, so they will be favored to beat us again this season. Now, step-up and be counted Hauck supporters.

I answered your question previously, I think maybe you just don't read all the responses because you are so busy. I can do it again, one more time:

You are over simplifying this so much that it is impossible to answer, and the variables do matter. The way I judge the staff and their success is based on trajectory. Since Bobby Hauck has returned as coach, we have been fielding progressively better teams each year. Just two seasons ago, we beat Washington (!!), and would have been in a dog fight with JMU if we didn't lose Cam and Akem early in the game. That was a lot of our offensive production that year. So the trajectory was clearly on the up.

Last year did not meet expectations, for anyone. The trajectory (if you picture it as a graph), turned slightly downward. The coaching staff fully admitted that, and changes were made. One specific change was made to help bolster our run defense. If the trajectory continues to go downward, then yes, that would necessitate further changes.

What you are ignoring, though, is that Hauck has had much better results than Stitt. Stitt's team trajectory was continually downward. When Stitt left, we were ranked in the 30's if I remember right. We have been far better than that since, and going in the right direction. So yes, I absolutely support the Hauck staff and their continued success.

The other part you are ignoring is that MSU is at an all time high for their program in the modern era. Maybe ever. They certainly have not fielded teams this good in the past. Losing to MSU last year sucked, but its not like we lost to one of the crappy Cats teams of the late-90's. Does it suck? Yes. Does losing to MSU mean the coach has to lose his job? No. Of course not.

Does a second round exit make me happy? No, of course not. But against JMU and NDSU, I can accept that those are elite teams and somebody has to lose. That JMU team moved up and was in the FBS top 25 for a while the next year. The Bison are the Bison. Its not like we lost to some random team nobody had ever heard of. I want to beat them, but I can accept that Hauck cannot wave a magic wand and have us automatically become unbeatable. Its a game, and both teams are out there trying to win.

So, I answered you. I'm sorry that the world has nuance and it isn't able to be over-simplified into what you want it to be. We will see how the trajectory continues, and yes, I am perfectly happy being counted as a Bobby supporter. I'm glad he came back. Things have been much better.

thirdandlong said:
ElrodGrizzly said:
We are 1-1 since missing the time with Covid. That is in no way "owning" us. They had their best year in modern history last year. They won one. When did we lose our resilience and confidence? We took concrete steps in the offseason to get back on the winning side of that.

He literally proved that we are not being "owned" in recruiting. Who has Vigen developed? He might be about to run out of steam on the coattails of Choate.

But, really, more than anything else, I would again ask you why is this fun for you? What joy do you get in being a "fan" that just badmouths the team you profess to support. I genuinely want to know. What pleasure do you get out of this?

I just write the truth, and not hype. How can you defend Bobby Hauck's record, both in the conference, in the playoffs, and against the Cats since he came back as coach? You can't. And if you try to, it just makes you look foolish.

The difference in me and you is that I want a change in our head coach. i don't think Hauck has produced anything to warrant keeping his job. We fired Stitt for similar performance, after only three seasons. But Hauck has done no better than Stitt after 5 seasons. And yet so many of you still support him.

I have asked the following question to all of you Hauck supporters before, and NONE of you have the gonads to answer it, for fear of incurring the wrath of the sugar-coaters who rule this board, living by the mantra "wait until next season". I'm not a member of that ilk. Five years is enough for me to deduce that Hauck 2.0 is not working.

So, I'll ask the question ONE MORE TIME, and see if any of you are capable of putting-on your big boy pants and answering.......

"If Hauck loses again to the Bobcats in 2023, and goes no deeper than a second round playoff loss following our annual first-round home game win bought by our deep pockets, will you still support keeping Bobby???"

Remember, the Cats are ranked much higher than us, so they will be favored to beat us again this season. Now, step-up and be counted Hauck supporters.

Yes. Count me!

MikeyGriz said:
thirdandlong said:

Yes. Count me!

I expect the Griz to be favored over the Cats ahead of that game.

ElrodGrizzly said:
mthoopsfan said:
I expect the Griz to be favored over the Cats ahead of that game.

I know you're thinking we will have a better year than last year in terms of record. Do you also foresee the Cats crashing and burning?

The Cats have a much tougher schedule this year. The Cats were lucky to win several easier games even last year. The conference has now had a full season of observing the Cat offense. Some teams have already shut or slowed down the offense. Obviously, not the Griz last year. There is now more learning and tape on the somewhat unique Cat offense. The Cats are fortunate to have 2 very good qb's for the offense. Each has gotten hurt, but not both except in the last game. If both get hurt at the same time, the Cat O will suffer. The Cat D is only okay. The Cats will have more losses coming into the Griz game. The Griz should have fewer losses, with a more favorable road schedule and a bigger QB room. I'm hoping the Griz will have 3 qb's who can run the offense, and a more dominant o-line that can open bigger holes for the strong group of rb's. Hopefully, Pease's offensive scheme will add some spark.

Last season, with Brown not having improved from the prior year (or as good), he wasn't able to step up in the 2 big road games, when we needed a good performance. The Griz were then too dependent on what turned out to be a very good and dynamic qb, who missed 2 big games with a concussion, and then had a major ligament issue the rest of the season. Had he not had the ligament issue, which the public didn't know about, I think he would have been able to help the team get better results later in the season.

I want to see the qb's in action before I go too much out on a limb.

mthoopsfan said:
ElrodGrizzly said:
I know you're thinking we will have a better year than last year in terms of record. Do you also foresee the Cats crashing and burning?

The Cats have a much tougher schedule this year. The Cats were lucky to win several easier games even last year. The conference has now had a full season of observing the Cat offense. Some teams have already shut or slowed down the offense. Obviously, not the Griz last year. There is now more learning and tape on the somewhat unique Cat offense. The Cats are fortunate to have 2 very good qb's for the offense. Each has gotten hurt, but not both except in the last game. If both get hurt at the same time, the Cat O will suffer. The Cat D is only okay. The Cats will have more losses coming into the Griz game. The Griz should have fewer losses, with a more favorable road schedule and a bigger QB room. I'm hoping the Griz will have 3 qb's who can run the offense, and a more dominant o-line that can open bigger holes for the strong group of rb's. Hopefully, Pease's offensive scheme will add some spark.

Last season, with Brown not having improved from the prior year (or as good), he wasn't able to step up in the 2 big road games, when we needed a good performance. The Griz were then too dependent on what turned out to be a very good and dynamic qb, who missed 2 big games with a concussion, and then had a major ligament issue the rest of the season. Had he not had the ligament issue, which the public didn't know about, I think he would have been able to help the team get better results later in the season.

Well, I'm getting my hopes up now! Excited for next year!

Honestly, with their line improving, my big concern is that there just won't be much stopping them even if you scheme for it. I think the key for us will be to get up early and force them to start throwing it.

MikeyGriz said:
thirdandlong said:

Yes. Count me!

Wow! At least you have the nads to go on the record. But, just wow! You must have loved Delaney and Stitt too

ElrodGrizzly said:
thirdandlong said:

I answered your question previously, I think maybe you just don't read all the responses because you are so busy. I can do it again, one more time:

You are over simplifying this so much that it is impossible to answer, and the variables do matter. The way I judge the staff and their success is based on trajectory. Since Bobby Hauck has returned as coach, we have been fielding progressively better teams each year. Just two seasons ago, we beat Washington (!!), and would have been in a dog fight with JMU if we didn't lose Cam and Akem early in the game. That was a lot of our offensive production that year. So the trajectory was clearly on the up.

Last year did not meet expectations, for anyone. The trajectory (if you picture it as a graph), turned slightly downward. The coaching staff fully admitted that, and changes were made. One specific change was made to help bolster our run defense. If the trajectory continues to go downward, then yes, that would necessitate further changes.

What you are ignoring, though, is that Hauck has had much better results than Stitt. Stitt's team trajectory was continually downward. When Stitt left, we were ranked in the 30's if I remember right. We have been far better than that since, and going in the right direction. So yes, I absolutely support the Hauck staff and their continued success.

The other part you are ignoring is that MSU is at an all time high for their program in the modern era. Maybe ever. They certainly have not fielded teams this good in the past. Losing to MSU last year sucked, but its not like we lost to one of the crappy Cats teams of the late-90's. Does it suck? Yes. Does losing to MSU mean the coach has to lose his job? No. Of course not.

Does a second round exit make me happy? No, of course not. But against JMU and NDSU, I can accept that those are elite teams and somebody has to lose. That JMU team moved up and was in the FBS top 25 for a while the next year. The Bison are the Bison. Its not like we lost to some random team nobody had ever heard of. I want to beat them, but I can accept that Hauck cannot wave a magic wand and have us automatically become unbeatable. Its a game, and both teams are out there trying to win.

So, I answered you. I'm sorry that the world has nuance and it isn't able to be over-simplified into what you want it to be. We will see how the trajectory continues, and yes, I am perfectly happy being counted as a Bobby supporter. I'm glad he came back. T finish, hings have been much better.

So, finishing 6th in the Big Sky, which was Hauck's lowest finish in his 5 years, is "upward trajectory"??? Hilarious. Talk about circular logic!

thirdandlong said:
ElrodGrizzly said:

So, I answered you. I'm sorry that the world has nuance and it isn't able to be over-simplified into what you want it to be. We will see how the trajectory continues, and yes, I am perfectly happy being counted as a Bobby supporter. I'm glad he came back. T finish, hings have been much better.

So, finishing 6th in the Big Sky, which was Hauck's lowest finish in his 5 years, is "upward trajectory"??? Hilarious. Talk about circular logic!

Going from out of the top 30, and not making the playoffs, to making the playoffs, winning a playoff game each of those years, and finishing 6, 9 and 14 in the post-season polls, is upward trajectory. What do you not understand about that?

thirdandlong said:
MikeyGriz said:
Yes. Count me!

Wow! At least you have the nads to go on the record. But, just wow! You must have loved Delaney and Stitt too

Delaney filled a needed slot after a presidential slaughter. He was a place holder. Stitt came in with high expectations, but couldn't fulfill them.

thirdandlong said:
ElrodGrizzly said:

I'm sorry if I typed too much for you to read. Please note that I clearly said of last season: "The trajectory (if you picture it as a graph), turned slightly downward. The coaching staff fully admitted that, and changes were made."

ElrodGrizzly said:
mthoopsfan said:

Honestly, with their line improving, my big concern is that there just won't be much stopping them even if you scheme for it. I think the key for us will be to get up early and force them to start throwing it.

Said every Head Coach they played last year...

SoldierGriz said:
ElrodGrizzly said:

Said every Head Coach they played last year...

Touche

Only comment on this is what does the money say?
Booster + NLI yearly amount compared from stuff to bh?
If money talks, how about an answer?

Montanabob said:

Are you trying to compare NLI money between Hauck and Stitt? Did I read your post correctly?

SoldierGriz said:
Montanabob said:

Are you trying to compare NLI money between Hauck and Stitt? Did I read your post correctly?

NIL? Not NLI. NIL was invented/allowed until a few years ago.

Montanabob said:
Alcohol or illiteracy?

Montanabob said:

Mix in a water.

Back