• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Egriz - Overreaction Nation

SoldierGriz

DONOR
Is there a fan base that overreacts more the ours? The game day thread made me laugh. We are collectively insane. :lol: :lol:

The game was fun yesterday. Game day atmosphere was a far cry from Wa Griz, but fun nonetheless.

Trees sold the ranch to stop the run, and Griz skill players made them pay...as it should be. It was the right and maybe only game plan for the Trees.

Griz do have some work to do in short yardage situation, and red zone run game.

Overall - very cool day. No reason to over-react...Griz are very, very good.

O-line was tested against the run today. I'll leave the grade at a solid B...good in pass pro...gotta win the tough yardage situations at a higher percentage.

If you think egriz is bad, check out bisonville. Talk about spoiled fans - the world is ending because they lost to an FBS team. It's quite entertaining. (And yes Griz fans still need to chill out.)

SoldierGriz said:
Is there a fan base that overreacts more the ours? The game day thread made me laugh. We are collectively insane. :lol: :lol:

The game was fun yesterday. Game day atmosphere was a far cry from Wa Griz, but fun nonetheless.

Trees sold the ranch to stop the run, and Griz skill players made them pay...as it should be. It was the right and maybe only game plan for the Trees.

O-line was tested against the run today. I'll leave the grade at a solid B...good in pass pro...gotta win the tough yardage situations at a higher percentage.

Never…EVER…grade the OL…you will be wrong. Haven’t you learned?

AZDoc said:
SoldierGriz said:

:lol:

SoldierGriz said:

Yes, I agree with your main premise of overreaction. There was another game thread. Behapp said this: "kurtismichael wrote: ↑Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:44 pm
So there are 2 game threads.

Behapp: Yep - I like this one so far"

Johnson: "“We have a really good team right here. We have a really solid O-line, really solid receivers. We have to keep meshing as a team, which we are, I think. I think we’re looking really good right now.”

"Indiana State hung with UM early by rushing for 96 yards in the first half. The Griz had given up just 19 and 90 yards rushing in their first two games. That half included a 54-yard touchdown run by Justin Dinka to tie the game 7-7. The Griz held ISU to 13 rushing yards on 25 carries over the final three quarters after allowing 88 yards on 15 carries in the opening quarter."

"Montana game planned for the possibility that Indiana State would try to take away the run,
and the seventh-year quarterback showed he could deliver with his arm if his legs were eliminated from the equation."

https://missoulian.com/sports/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/third-ranked-montana-grizzlies-smoke-indiana-state-sycamores-to-improve-to-3-0/article_8daf87de-ce18-5c11-a46b-a400d24feb45.html#tracking-source=mp-homepage

AZDoc said:
SoldierGriz said:

C+. That has to be one of the funniest posts of the season, especially when the coaches are rating the o-line much higher.

Which group is better, receiver or o-line?

mthoopsfan said:
AZDoc said:

C+. That has to be one of the funniest posts of the season, especially when the coaches are rating the o-line much higher.

Was a fair grade after game 1.

I like the receivers at this point. They are very good collectively. They manage to create adequate space to make catches. Not sure they have the ability to put defenses in dilemmas yet...having to double someone consistently, which would be ideal. Love Robert's and Bergren...some young guys playing well. Pretty friggin solid position group.

A- at this point.

SoldierGriz said:
mthoopsfan said:

I like the receivers at this point. They are very good collectively. They manage to create adequate space to make catches. Not sure they have the ability to put defenses in dilemmas yet...having to double someone consistently, which would be ideal. Love Robert's and Bergren...some young guys playing well. Pretty friggin solid position group.

A- at this point.

No, C+ was not a fair grade after the first game. The coaches certainly rated the line much higher. I don't know if anyone in the world agreed with you.

On receivers, note that Johnson rated by the receivers and o-line "solid". Of course, what would he know about those two groups?

Da Boyz Mom said:
If you think egriz is bad, check out bisonville. Talk about spoiled fans - the world is ending because they lost to an FBS team. It's quite entertaining. (And yes Griz fans still need to chill out.)
No kidding. Some of their fans are calling for Entz to be fired and whining that they won't even win 5 games. :lol:

uofmman1122 said:
Da Boyz Mom said:
No kidding. Some of their fans are calling for Entz to be fired and whining that they won't even win 5 games. :lol:

Yep. I think it's actually good for the Bison to lose once in awhile so their fan base can get a clue. They just don't appreciate how good they have had it for the last decade plus.

Da Boyz Mom said:
uofmman1122 said:

Yep. I think it's actually good for the Bison to lose once in awhile so their fan base can get a clue. They just don't appreciate how good they have had it for the last decade plus.
You just know that every season, despite their bravado and confidence, there's always this little nagging worry deep in every Bison fan's mind of "Is this it? Is this the beginning of the end?" Because it's coming. No idea when, but inevitably, it's coming. I think that fear fuels a lot of their overreactions, tbh.

uofmman1122 said:
Da Boyz Mom said:
You just know that every season, despite their bravado and confidence, there's always this little nagging worry deep in every Bison fan's mind of "Is this it? Is this the beginning of the end?" Because it's coming. No idea when, but inevitably, it's coming. I think that fear fuels a lot of their overreactions, tbh.

Agreed. It's tough to stay at the top forever.

I love the game threads. They’re not for people who really care about being right/wrong, but they’re fun for those who understand what they are.

Guy: “We look like shit” (while we’re looking like shit)

Guy2: “What about now” (when we aren’t looking like shit)

Guy2 really got eeem!

CDAGRIZ said:
I love the game threads. They’re not for everybody who really care about being right/wrong, but they’re fun for those who understand what they are.

A lot of emotion and not always a ton of logic. Fun times.

CDAGRIZ said:
I love the game threads. They’re not for people who really care about being right/wrong, but they’re fun for those who understand what they are.

Guy: “We look like shit” (while we’re looking like shit)

Guy2: “What about now” (when we aren’t looking like shit)

Guy2 really got eeem!

I do as well...they are fun...and funny.

mthoopsfan said:
SoldierGriz said:

A- at this point.

No, C+ was not a fair grade after the first game. The coaches certainly rated the line much higher. I don't know if anyone in the world agreed with you.

On receivers, note that Johnson rated by the receivers and o-line "solid". Of course, what would he know about those two groups?

PR - you are entitled to your opinion and analysis. I am as well.

For example - you love felons who deal coke. I do not. Just a difference of opinion.

And....my guess is most of Griz Nation assessed the 1st game performance of the O-line as average or just above. C+...against a bad opponent.

The unit has raised their grade as the season has progressed... still work to do.

But, you do you and keep derailing threads...

Back