• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Egriz - Overreaction Nation

EVERY fan board is like that. If you think it’s bad on a college board, read a GDT from any NFL team.

That said, I love reading GDT’s after wins. But I don’t touch ‘‘em after a loss.

EverettGriz said:
EVERY fan board is like that. If you think it’s bad on a college board, read a GDT from any NFL team.

That said, I love reading GDT’s after wins. But I don’t touch ‘‘em after a loss.

Before there were fan boards and the Interweb there were local call in radio shows on AM stations. I remember when I lived in Louisville in the early 90s listening to the meltdowns on those shows. Kentucky, Louisville, Indiana fans calling in was quite entertaining. Almost made eGriz meltdowns seem docile.

SoldierGriz said:
mthoopsfan said:
No, C+ was not a fair grade after the first game. The coaches certainly rated the line much higher. I don't know if anyone in the world agreed with you.

On receivers, note that Johnson rated by the receivers and o-line "solid". Of course, what would he know about those two groups?

And....my guess is most of Griz Nation assessed the 1st game performance of the O-line as average or just above. C+...against a bad opponent.

The unit has raised their grade as the season has progressed... still work to do.
At first I was thinking how ironic this thread is although irony is usually spontaneous, and not deliberate.
OP starts a thread on “overreaction” and comments on improving Oline. But wasn’t OP the same person during the off-season leading a campaign to have the Oline coach fired? Seems like that was an overreaction and this thread a calculated course correction.

kurtismichael said:
EverettGriz said:

Before there were fan boards and the Interweb there were local call in radio shows on AM stations. I remember when I lived in Louisville in the early 90s listening to the meltdowns on those shows. Kentucky, Louisville, Indiana fans calling in was quite entertaining. Almost made eGriz meltdowns seem docile.
Ah, the "good old days." Which, of course, still exist.

Having grown up among farm hands and other "manual workers," I didn't think there were any expletives I didn't know ... but I was wrong. And not just strung together, but usually shouted. And nothing was off limits, from "personal hygiene" to (shall we say) "relationships."

garizzalies said:
SoldierGriz said:
And....my guess is most of Griz Nation assessed the 1st game performance of the O-line as average or just above. C+...against a bad opponent.

The unit has raised their grade as the season has progressed... still work to do.
At first I was thinking how ironic this thread is although irony is usually spontaneous, and not deliberate.
OP starts a thread on “overreaction” and comments on improving Oline. But wasn’t OP the same person during the off-season leading a campaign to have the Oline coach fired? Seems like that was an overreaction and this thread a calculated course correction.

It's not ironic...it's what we all collectively do...overreact. Part of Fan(atic)hood and it's fun. I am not immune...neither are you PR.

Saving Germer's grade til season's end. He has not been exceptional in the years since his return. Anyone who argues otherwise is simply not paying attention.

SoldierGriz said:
mthoopsfan said:
No, C+ was not a fair grade after the first game. The coaches certainly rated the line much higher. I don't know if anyone in the world agreed with you.

On receivers, note that Johnson rated by the receivers and o-line "solid". Of course, what would he know about those two groups?

PR - you are entitled to your opinion and analysis. I am as well.

For example - you love felons who deal coke. I do not. Just a difference of opinion.

But, you do you and keep derailing threads...

Nope, most people did not rate the o-line as C+ in the first game. Only you. And, it was a totally wrong observation. You also disputed that Hauck had some very positive things about the o-line. I had first hand what he had said, and I also watched his tv show. He said the same thing. You can't get over your big mistake. You just keep compounding the mistake. You have now brought up Petek about 10 teams. How many more times are you going to bring up Petek? You are the one who derails threads. Your reputation is now shot with many people. But keep on blabbing away. You are entitled to you your opinion, even if it is directly opposite what the coaches are saying.

And one more thing. No o-line goes from C to B to A in three weeks. An o-line can't possibly improve that fast. Did you even play flag football?

garizzalies said:
SoldierGriz said:

Now that's pretty funny. Pretty soon, the OP will be saying the o-line coach has improved his coaching every week. C to B to A. And we need to give him a raise.

SoldierGriz said:
garizzalies said:

It's not ironic...it's what we all collectively do...overreact. Part of Fan(atic)hood and it's fun. I am not immune...neither are you PR.

Saving Germer's grade til season's end. He has not been exceptional in the years since his return. Anyone who argues otherwise is simply not paying attention.

Garizzalies, are you PR?

Germer has been a very good coach at least since he coached at UM about 20 years ago. Ask the other coaches. Ask the players.

How can one person make so many assertions that all of the coaches disagree with? But, as you say, everyone is welcome to their opinion.

garizzalies said:
SoldierGriz said:

Good post garizzalies. And some who are actually close to the program told the keyboard warriors the o-line would be fine this season, had talent. were getting good coaching, and while young, would improve, and suggested giving the young men a chance to compete instead of anonymously bashing on them before most of them even took the field...which was met with name calling and more bashing. But apparently, it's okay now to say something mildly positive. Hooray.

Alaska Griz said:
garizzalies said:

Good post garizzalies. And some who are actually close to the program told the keyboard warriors the o-line would be fine this season, had talent. were getting good coaching, and while young, would improve, and suggested giving the young men a chance to compete instead of anonymously bashing on them before most of them even took the field...which was met with name calling and more bashing. But apparently, it's okay now to say something mildly positive. Hooray.

Bobby liked the o-line group in the spring too. At least, that's what he said.

The O-line has not faced an above average D yet. Not even close. Let’s withhold the All BSC accolades until they’re played someone….nay, anyone….of note.

AZGrizFan said:
The O-line has not faced an above average D yet. Not even close. Let’s withhold the All BSC accolades until they’re played someone….nay, anyone….of note.

Huh? Who said anything about all big sky anything?

AZGrizFan said:

How many BSC teams on our schedule have an "above average D"? Weber State and the Cats (but they don't seem even as good as last year). Maybe Idaho but I won't believe till I see it.

Da Boyz Mom said:
AZGrizFan said:

How many BSC teams on our schedule have an "above average D"? Weber State and the Cats (but they don't seem even as good as last year). Maybe Idaho but I won't believe till I see it.

Agreed. We many not run the conference table, but I think we'll at least come damn close.

AZGrizFan said:

Exactly.

Alaska Griz said:
garizzalies said:

And....many, many, many more believed that position group was the biggest question mark...that is an absolute fact. It is also a fact that that has been the case for many, many years, which not by coincident, matches the exact number of years CG has been here since his return.

All facts.

mthoopsfan said:
SoldierGriz said:

Garizzalies, are you PR?

Germer has been a very good coach at least since he coached at UM about 20 years ago. Ask the other coaches. Ask the players.

How can one person make so many assertions that all of the coaches disagree with? But, as you say, everyone is welcome to their opinion.

You gonna answer yourself?

SoldierGriz said:
mthoopsfan said:
Garizzalies, are you PR?

You gonna answer yourself?

Okay, let's do this. If Garizzalies and I are the same person posting under these names, I will never post again. If Garizzalies and I are separate people, then you will never post again. Deal? Or, are you afraid to back up what you say?

SoldierGriz said:
Alaska Griz said:

And....many, many, many more believed that position group was the biggest question mark...that is an absolute fact. It is also a fact that that has been the case for many, many years, which not by coincident, matches the exact number of years CG has been here since his return.

All facts.

The fact is that many posters who don't have a clue about the o-line or o-line play, thought those things in recent years. That's the fact.

Latest posts

Back