• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Egriz - Overreaction Nation

ChesterGriz said:
Please, please can the two of you just knock it off. I’m sure I’m not the only one who is sick of it.

I agree with you. Soldier needs to knock it off. If you want it knocked off, you need to get him from saying things that are not true (and are completely contrary to what the coaches are saying). It is not my nature to let someone consistently bash the team unfairly when I know he is wrong. Most of what I am saying is backed up by the views of the coaches, and others in the know.

SoldierGriz said:
garizzalies said:
At first I was thinking how ironic this thread is although irony is usually spontaneous, and not deliberate.
OP starts a thread on “overreaction” and comments on improving Oline. But wasn’t OP the same person during the off-season leading a campaign to have the Oline coach fired? Seems like that was an overreaction and this thread a calculated course correction.

It's not ironic...it's what we all collectively do...overreact. Part of Fan(atic)hood and it's fun. I am not immune...neither are you PR.

Saving Germer's grade til season's end. He has not been exceptional in the years since his return. Anyone who argues otherwise is simply not paying attention.
We? Not paying attention? Nobody knows what the heck you are talking about because, contrary to your conflations, you have no “facts” to support your 💩 .

Just a few months ago, you were campaigning for Germer’s head (for no apparent reason), and so far this year you graded the Oline C+ and now up to a “solid B”.

The worst part isn’t that you would fire someone because s/he “has not been exceptional“, it’s that you have no factual basis for your overreaction.

And don’t take the bet. I am not PR, or this new guy, Hoops, who is quite funny, BTW. Ha. We all know this but here, I’ll prove it again: :flash:
PR is way too classy and has never and would never stoop so low as to post an emoji or meme. Now that’s a real “fact”.

SoldierGriz said:
Is there a fan base that overreacts more the ours? The game day thread made me laugh. We are collectively insane. :lol: :lol:

The game was fun yesterday. Game day atmosphere was a far cry from Wa Griz, but fun nonetheless.

Trees sold the ranch to stop the run, and Griz skill players made them pay...as it should be. It was the right and maybe only game plan for the Trees.

Griz do have some work to do in short yardage situation, and red zone run game.

Overall - very cool day. No reason to over-react...Griz are very, very good.

O-line was tested against the run today. I'll leave the grade at a solid B...good in pass pro...gotta win the tough yardage situations at a higher percentage.
Yes there is. Nearly every fan base in the country

mthoopsfan said:
AZDoc said:
Never…EVER…grade the OL…you will be wrong. Haven’t you learned?

C+. That has to be one of the funniest posts of the season, especially when the coaches are rating the o-line much higher.

Which group is better, receiver or o-line?

I would say 2 things…1 is the coaches and they won’t publicly say they sucked. They’d sugar coat it some. Like, we need to work on things. They would be honest, but put a twist on it as coaches do. I thought likely was a B- game 1. Especially against that team. But, taking into account they need to play together. Thing 2…I imagine some on here for whatever reason are harsh graders. Maybe they played or coached the position. In their mind they hope for As and see less than stellar play. I imagine you critique DBs a bit better than I since you played there. I played RB and LB, so I critique them a bit differently. I’m awful with RBs.

ChesterGriz said:
Please, please can the two of you just knock it off. I’m sure I’m not the only one who is sick of it.

The original post simply poked fun at all of us at times...sorry it got derailed.

SoldierGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
Lol. No apparent reason. Good one.

:thumb:
Damn straight. Please feel free to volunteer your reasoning. I gave you multiple opportunities in the other thread and specifically invited this info from you but got nothing except crickets. Same thing again. Here’s your chance…..
Put up or shut up

garizzalies said:
SoldierGriz said:
Damn straight. Please feel free to volunteer your reasoning. I gave you multiple opportunities in the other thread and specifically invited this info from you but got nothing except crickets. Same thing again. Here’s your chance…..
Put up or shut up

You mean besides the fact the O-line has been the weak link on the team for years, there’s been very little development of recruits, four consecutive HS recruiting classes that failed to produce a single starter before this year, the 33 sacks given up last year, the high dependence on transfers due to O-line recruiting washouts….you mean other than THAT reasoning?

I love me some Bobby Hauck, and love where he’s got this team headed, but he has a blind spot for Germer and his abilities, much like his blind spot in refusing to EVER take Robbie off the field, even if it would be for his own (and the team’s) good.

AZGrizFan said:
garizzalies said:
Put up or shut up

You mean besides the fact the O-line has been the weak link on the team for years, there’s been very little development of recruits, four consecutive HS recruiting classes that failed to produce a single starter before this year, the 33 sacks given up last year, the high dependence on transfers due to O-line recruiting washouts….you mean other than THAT reasoning?
I was hoping for actual facts, not your personal opinions gleaned from a grainy screen over 1000 miles away. Weakest link? That’s just like your opinion, man.
Hoops has provided real-live links showing in black and white the Oline is doing great, with support directly from the horse’s mouth. Guess you prefer info from the other end of the horse.
Got a link you can post showing facts to support your opinions?

garizzalies said:
AZGrizFan said:
I was hoping for actual facts, not your personal opinions gleaned from a grainy screen over 1000 miles away. Weakest link? That’s just like your opinion, man.
Hoops has provided real-live links showing in black and white the Oline is doing great, with support directly from the horse’s mouth. Guess you prefer info from the other end of the horse.

Lol. ZERO starters from any of the recruiting classes is a fact. 33 sacks last year is a fact. High dependence on transfers is a fact. Literally the ONLY “opinion” in my post is that the O-line has been the weakest link on the team for years.

AZGrizFan said:
garizzalies said:

Lol. ZERO starters from any of the recruiting classes is a fact. 33 sacks last year is a fact. High dependence on transfers is a fact. Literally the ONLY “opinion” in my post is that the O-line has been the weakest link on the team for years.
You used deductive reasoning. That’s when you start with a theory and backfill it with random tidbits to support whatever conclusion you want. In this context, the “facts” you deduced are meaningless, unrelated, and therefore not really facts at all for this topic.
Please try again but this time use inductive reasoning, like Hoops. In other words, try starting with facts and not a predetermined (and what appears to be prejudiced) outcome. Thx.

AZGrizFan said:
garizzalies said:
Put up or shut up

I love me some Bobby Hauck, and love where he’s got this team headed, but he has a blind spot for Germer and his abilities, much like his blind spot in refusing to EVER take Robbie off the field, even if it would be for his own (and the team’s) good.

Except the o-line has not been a weak link for years, Germer is a terrific coach, and UM has recruited well enough to have a credible, and this year, good o-line. Recruiting is no longer bringing in frosh out of high school. It's very much getting drop downs, with either experience or large potential. A high number of transfers is necessary and has become intentional. I have no complaint about the 3 starters this year.

As for sacks, yes, too many. However, not as many against the tougher opponents. So, while high for the season, better in tougher games, and before backups were in.

UW - 1
EWU - 3, 3
Sac - 4 (loss)
So Utah - 2
MSU - 5 (in a blowout win)
JMU - 2

Robbie is a great tackler and gets a huge number of tackles. Who would you play in his place? Also, how many passing TD's have Robbie given up this season?

4 against Dixie. 5 against NC, in a 35-0 game.

garizzalies said:
AZGrizFan said:

His main source is Soldier.

Back