• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Fall Camp: Two Griz Players Leave Team

indian-outlaw said:
Crap, had high hopes for them both. If sain was half as good as his dad that's a big loss. I remember him at Montana Western and then with the cats. He was a tremendous lineman.

He was OK, I wouldn't say tremendous - at least at the FCS level. Big and strong though for sure.

EverettGriz said:
While I don't necessarily agree with Kobezoey's post, it's obvious from past posts that he/she is close to a particular player, so I'm not sure we should immediately dismiss his/her insight out of hand.

Huh? He has posted on Knight, but don't recall any posts on the corner who left.

ilovethecats said:
Kobezoey said:
That is really too bad! Roland is a big time ball hawk and playmaker. Might not be the biggest guy, but I feel we could have gotten some great coverage out of him and probably a solid handful of interceptions. Really sad to see good players leave. Not cool. Come on coaches! From my understanding, Sain was very good, as well. Extremely disappointing to see highly talented players walk away from the program. Do things need to change?

I agree. College coaches are always getting rid of talented kids for no reason whatsoever. I'm tired of it...

Too bad these kids aren’t pro level ready like the kids over in bozeman. :cool:

The longer it takes for PR to post in these kinds of threads the more nervous I get. Hopefully he’s out of cell range at his stately manor on the banks of the Flathead and just hasn’t been able to make contact with the coaching staff and administrators.

PlayerRep said:
EverettGriz said:
While I don't necessarily agree with Kobezoey's post, it's obvious from past posts that he/she is close to a particular player, so I'm not sure we should immediately dismiss his/her insight out of hand.

Huh? He has posted on Knight, but don't recall any posts on the corner who left.

Correct.

alabamagrizzly said:
ilovethecats said:
Kobezoey said:
That is really too bad! Roland is a big time ball hawk and playmaker. Might not be the biggest guy, but I feel we could have gotten some great coverage out of him and probably a solid handful of interceptions. Really sad to see good players leave. Not cool. Come on coaches! From my understanding, Sain was very good, as well. Extremely disappointing to see highly talented players walk away from the program. Do things need to change?

I agree. College coaches are always getting rid of talented kids for no reason whatsoever. I'm tired of it...

Too bad these kids aren’t pro level ready like the kids over in bozeman. :cool:

Between "These guys are playing pro football" and "Juice on three", I wonder how many more eligibility questions Choach can raise before the season starts. "These fellas have people take classes for them" isn't out of the realm of possibility.

getgrizzy said:
The longer it takes for PR to post in these kinds of threads the more nervous I get. Hopefully he’s out of cell range at his stately manor on the banks of the Flathead and just hasn’t been able to make contact with the coaching staff and administrators.

You didn't see my post 3 above yours? Yup, at lake. Amanda here next week.

PlayerRep said:
getgrizzy said:

well, at least now she'll be warned that she is staying in the same place with a creepy old man, fixated on something she'd rather he not fixate on.

argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
getgrizzy said:

well, at least now she'll be warned that she is staying in the same place with a creepy old man, fixated on something she'd rather he not fixate on.

Bud, are you sure you want to be casting creepy old man stones?

What the hell? Losing good kids, with no explanation. Just (well they left the program.) Horseshit.Talk to us Coaches. we are your fans. Don.i just stick your head in the sand, and think we are Going away. we are part of the team. not just dumb asses. But hell if you want to go it alone. good luck back at San diego state as an assistant to the special teams assistant coach..

CDAGRIZ said:
argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
getgrizzy said:

:lol:

Griz#64 said:
What the hell? Losing good kids, with no explanation. Just (well they left the program.) Horseshit.Talk to us Coaches. we are your fans. Don.i just stick your head in the sand, and think we are Going away. we are part of the team. not just dumb asses. But hell if you want to go it alone. good luck back at San diego state as an assistant to the special teams assistant coach..
https://twitter.com/dril/status/516183352106577920?s=20

SoldierGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
argh! said:
PlayerRep said:

:lol:

good catch! however you are now guilty, by association.

My initial thought ' "The Griz have only lost two players this far into fall camp? Bobby must be getting soft!" Please people. Two kids left and God knows the reason. To blame it on coaches is absolutely ridiculous. I wondered if Hauck was too hard nosed when a certain QB left the program. We see how that worked out. RTD takes some pain and the coaches are making kids compete. Next man up and quit being drama queens.

Griz#64 said:
The rest of this post coupled with “not just dumbasses” is extremely contradictory.

Griz#64 said:

Clueless twit...or I mean dumb ass.

Copper Griz said:
My initial thought ' "The Griz have only lost two players this far into fall camp? Bobby must be getting soft!" Please people. Two kids left and God knows the reason. To blame it on coaches is absolutely ridiculous. I wondered if Hauck was too hard nosed when a certain QB left the program. We see how that worked out. RTD takes some pain and the coaches are making kids compete. Next man up and quit being drama queens.

Terrific post.

We will see what the former QB does this year. Hope he at least starts.

Sneed threw a couple unbelievable passes when at practice a couple days ago. Had never noticed him throw passes like that.

I am hopeful and excited.

There is almost never an explanation of why non high profile kids depart, nor should there be. Often the same with higher profile departures.

Griz#64 said:

NO WE ARE NOT. We are fans of the team. The most we can do is pump them up and because WGS is awesome (like no other stadium experience I've ever seen) we can cause a few false starts and offensive confusion.

Do the coaches owe us explanations? Sometimes. Do they have a duty to respect a kid's privacy? Always.

This isn't a pro team. If you want that go 200 miles east, according to their Head Coach they are very close to having one there. :roll:

Back