• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz and MWC

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
GrizGuy said:
Now that the FBS is expanding to a 12-team playoff, I am more interested in a move "up." I'll be all set to go if they go to 16 teams, especially if the winner of the MWC were invited to fill one auto-bid. Because that's what's gonna make the playoffs fun, not watching the SEC schools beat up on one another.

I do think the Mountain West schools are a better fit in terms of the types of institutions to be associated with, let alone sports programs. Just my two cents.

I think it's better to look NOW at where to re-align than to wait for forces to push us around.
I would think/hope Montana would be welcomed by the MWC.

But it's not up to me and I have exactly zero control over whether it happens.

There is no way in hell the Mountain West is going to expand right now.

I didn't say they would. I am simply saying that now's the time to look around and the MWC (probably after it's raided by the Pac-1x) seems like a better place to belong. Certainly better than the WAC. And that's not to say the entire landscape won't change with tons of realignment. But as things stand at this moment, that's where I personally would prefer to see Montana land.

"The Big 12 wants to expand and commissioner Brett Yormark didn’t waste any time Wednesday saying where he wants to do so.

"Obviously, going out west is where I would like to go, entering that fourth time zone," he said via ESPN on Wednesday at the University of Cincinnati, a team joining the Big 12. Yormark has said the Big 12 is "open for business," but he has criteria that he’s hoping to hit.

Those that check the boxes for Yormark are likely in the Pac-12, to which [Pac-12] commissioner George Kliavkoff said, "We haven’t decided if we’re going shopping there yet or not."

Still, Kliavkoff is feeling the pressure from the Big 12."

"I’ve been spending four weeks trying to defend against grenades that have been lobbed in from every corner of the Big 12 trying to destabilize our remaining conference," he said."

"Big 12 commissioner has eyes on 'going out west' to continue conference expansion

Big 12 commissioner Brett Yormark wants to continue his expansion of the conference after nabbing four more schools, including Cincinnati. He has his eyes set out west."

https://apple.news/AXHWQgMQKT1Wc308b0SrZMw

Back