• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz @ New Mexico

Nice! Hope the students turn out because last year, with a really outstanding basketball team, I thought student support was pretty modest. I’d sure like to see some out of town fans that might not normally travel for a basketball game show up. TDC has a nice core of young players that will be a lock to dominate the BSC in a year or two.

The Missoulian folks are never going to take it upon themselves to promote any UM athletics. Oh, I am sure they would happily take money for a big full-page ad, but they certainly are not going to initiate an article.

The student section is PATHETIC! I went to UM Western in the 90's/00's with only 1,000 students, and we had way more show up for every game than show up here

'68griz said:
The Missoulian folks are never going to take it upon themselves to promote any UM athletics. Oh, I am sure they would happily take money for a big full-page ad, but they certainly are not going to initiate an article.
Probably true but don't the millennials get most of their news on social media. I'm an old fart but aren't there several thousand high school students just in Missoula the U is trying to recruit? Why not dangle 2 or 3 dollar tickets out there for them. Coach D mentions team support and I'd guess it may be a factor (obviously not the biggest one) in how long he sticks around so I'd like to see bigger crowds because I'm a believer in what he's trying to build.

Back