• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz OFFICAL Signing List

dayday said:
grizfan1984 said:
This class is disappointing, no OL, DTs, no CBs where is Huot, Crews, gonna have to add a lot of transfers but right now this class is towards the bottom of the Big Sky.

Well I will let the day finish out before giving an opinion in case of surprises. But so far it’s disappointing what they did here. I really disagree with some of their recruiting strategies.

This will be an area of transfers and drop downs... probably what we see for several years

bigemymt said:
No Beef yet...... but Hout is on go griz now

Don’t get me wrong, I like the guys they’ve signed so far. I’m just hoping for some big nasties in the ol’ Grizmas stocking.

Recruiting is about many things... But numbers of scholarships and money available are near the top of the list

rocklobster said:
There will be beef. Bobby knows what he’s doing better than EGriz prognosticators.

I don't know how you can say this. I know more than the entire coaching staff and all of EGriz knows more than me :geek:

https://twitter.com/MontanaGrizFB/status/1471156937169698817?s=20

I might be wrong but I think someone used a picture of Carson in the original graphic

I’ve heard that Crews will probably not be signing in this early period as the team and coaches need to work some things out and figure out if he will be a future Griz.

Also, I expected this early signing to be small with no big surprises. We only have 14 seniors moving on and I’m not even sure all of them were full rides (most were). So if we only have like 12-13 scholarships to give, then this will be a smaller class.

I’m guessing they’ll keep 2-3 schollies in their pockets and then will make some very targeted moves after junior college players or drop downs for the next signing period. I’m still convinced the WSU transfer QB Cammon Cooper ends up here.

bigemymt said:
No Beef yet...... but Hout is on go griz now

I have spoken to a couple of people around the state. They tell me Huot is the best pure passer they have seen for a long time.

HookedonGriz said:
Also, I expected this early signing to be small with no big surprises. We only have 14 seniors moving on and I’m not even sure all of them were full rides (most were). So if we only have like 12-13 scholarships to give, then this will be a smaller class.

I’m guessing they’ll keep 2-3 schollies in their pockets and then will make some very targeted moves after junior college players or drop downs for the next signing period. I’m still convinced the WSU transfer QB Cammon Cooper ends up here.

I could be completely wrong, but the majority of the guys brought in so far appear to be PWO level guys. Seems to me that plenty of scollies are going to be saved for the portal.

This isn't to disparage PWO level guys, either. We all know how successful the Griz have been over the years by developing homegrown MT PWO guys into difference makers.

HookedonGriz said:

I'm betting that the 12 signed today have earned approximately 7-8 scholarships. I bet we have roughly 4 or 5 scholarships to give for transfers, late signees and for players on the roster that will be given more money. We will also pickup several scholarships after players transfer out.

go96griz said:
HookedonGriz said:

I'm betting that the 12 signed today have earned approximately 7-8 scholarships. I bet we have roughly 4 or 5 scholarships to give for transfers, late signees and for players on the roster that will be given more money. We will also pickup several scholarships after players transfer out.

This is pretty spot on

Everyone is making great points about smaller senior class and scholarships. Also I trust this staff to develop players so they do great with these PWO and partial guys. I know for sure Hauck has a plan. The man always does and we should trust it for the most part. He’s changed this program around for the better. He’s also way more informed and better at this than me. But I do follow recruiting pretty closely over the past ten years.

I think it’s okay for us to give out some constructive criticism however. Some people just blindly defend Bobby. I think people that follow recruiting and understand it see some the failures they have made on that front in todays recruiting front. They are not doing as well on that front as other programs. It’s just clear to me.

Again day is not over yet so I’m still hopeful there are a couple surprises.

Side note: Crews I bet signs after the press conference like maybe tomorrow.

dayday said:
Side note: Crews I bet signs after the press conference like maybe tomorrow.

From what I hear, don't expect any movement on Crews until the February signing period at the earliest.

There are several things at play as to why we are seeing mostly in-state kids on partials.

1. The larger than normal 2019-20 "Freshman" Class due to covid.
2. The limited number of departures due to extended covid eligiblity.
3. A desire to hold back scholarships due to the imbalance of classes.
4. Immediate needs from the transfer market.
5. Roster limitations.

Grizfan-24 said:
There are several things at play as to why we are seeing mostly in-state kids on partials.

1. The larger than normal 2019-20 "Freshman" Class due to covid.
2. The limited number of departures due to extended covid eligiblity.
3. A desire to hold back scholarships due to the imbalance of classes.
4. Immediate needs from the transfer market.
5. Roster limitations.

I will add another: The tweeners waiting until Feb to see if a FBS offer develops before considering FCS offers.

Back