• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz OFFICAL Signing List

AZGrizFan said:
sdk.catfish said:
Does anybody on EGriz really "Know" anything. It's an opinion board man and its my opinion that the NDSU class has far more potential to compete down the road that the Griz class (or Cat class for that matter). If that's not your opinion I can live with that

I'm just genuinely curious what it is that leads you to that opinion. If you don't care to share your logic, that's fine. :thumb:

Here is the thing about a recruiting class, you only have so many that actually pan out in the long run and along the way, you add to a class with transfers, and there is some movement with red shirting etc. Sure it helps to recruit 30 guys instead of 14 because you increase your chances of a few kids hitting, but if you are recruiting 30 kids, it means that you have 16 fewer already in the program that you like and can hit. I think people get way to worked up on signing day, especially now with the multiple signing periods.

AZGrizFan
eGriz Club

I'm just genuinely curious what it is that leads you to that opinion. If you don't care to share your logic, that's fine. :thumb:

Sorry but you will forgive me if I don't actually believe that. I've seen too many examples on egriz where posters aren't really curious but would rather try to prove their moral and intelectual superiority to themselves by getting in a ridiculous never ending arguement. I don't feel like playing that game today.

I will share this as it seems you have some sort of engineering/consulting/logic background. The most simple area to start with is purely a number thing. If 1 out of 3 recruits (purely an arbitrary number which you can research if you want) ever sees the field and I have 30 recruits and you have 10, who has more on the field in 3 years? And we both know this is NDSU so we know they don't have to rely on begging schmucks to go there if you feel like going down the quantity vs. quality road. From there you can go on to compare the height, weight and compitition factors side by side. If you still maintain that it is a crap shoot then hopefully we will both be around in a few years to find out who was more correct.

sdk.catfish said:
AZGrizFan
eGriz Club

Sorry but you will forgive me if I don't actually believe that. I've seen too many examples on egriz where posters aren't really curious but would rather try to prove their moral and intelectual superiority to themselves by getting in a ridiculous never ending arguement. I don't feel like playing that game today.

I will share this as it seems you have some sort of engineering/consulting/logic background. The most simple area to start with is purely a number thing. If 1 out of 3 recruits (purely an arbitrary number which you can research if you want) ever sees the field and I have 30 recruits and you have 10, who has more on the field in 3 years? And we both know this is NDSU so we know they don't have to rely on begging schmucks to go there if you feel like going down the quantity vs. quality road. From there you can go on to compare the height, weight and compitition factors side by side. If you still maintain that it is a crap shoot then hopefully we will both be around in a few years to find out who was more correct.

Not trying to "trap" you, so you can relax--I literally know ZERO about their class, or how it compares. :lol: I would certainly agree with the statement that they don't have to beg schmucks to go there. Simple logic would dictate that with their recent resume they are getting the cream of the crop. On the surface I don't know if I agree with the #'s thing...I mean it might be correct to say that we may have 4 and they may have 10/11 that "make it", but that doesn't automatically make the class better or more competitive, IMHO.

And regarding competition factors, I also have zero knowledge of what kind of competition these guys played against (if that's what you're referring to WRT the "competition" comment. I'm certainly a tad jealous of the O-line guys they signed....at least until I see us plugging some of our holes...it would apear (on the surface) that NDSU is taking/does take a different approach, in that they aren't depending so much on transfers as they are on youth and depth and development...maybe that's a luxury they also have because of their resume, I don't really know.

AZGrizFan
eGriz Club

Not trying to "trap" you, so you can relax--I literally know ZERO about their class, or how it compares. :lol: I would certainly agree with the statement that they don't have to beg schmucks to go there. Simple logic would dictate that with their recent resume they are getting the cream of the crop. On the surface I don't know if I agree with the #'s thing...I mean it might be correct to say that we may have 4 and they may have 10/11 that "make it", but that doesn't automatically make the class better or more competitive, IMHO.

And regarding competition factors, I also have zero knowledge of what kind of competition these guys played against (if that's what you're referring to WRT the "competition" comment. I'm certainly a tad jealous of the O-line guys they signed....at least until I see us plugging some of our holes...it would apear (on the surface) that NDSU is taking/does take a different approach, in that they aren't depending so much on transfers as they are on youth and depth and development...maybe that's a luxury they also have because of their resume, I don't really know.

Good observations and was the type of conversation I was hoping to elicit. I totally agree about the different approaches hypothesis. Also I just moved to Minnesota this fall and took in some HS games. They have some big boys here - lots of hotdish I suppose. Sorry we got off on the wrong foot.

sdk.catfish said:
Does anybody on EGriz really "Know" anything. It's an opinion board man and its my opinion that the NDSU class has far more potential to compete down the road that the Griz class (or Cat class for that matter). If that's not your opinion I can live with that

Didnt get all their top recruits, including commits like Ashton Beers who flipped to the Gophers

horribilisfan8184 said:
sdk.catfish said:

Didnt get all their top recruits, including commits like Ashton Beers who flipped to the Gophers

"jumped" to the Gophers is more precise IMO.

dayday said:
So no way to really know this for a few years but not a good day for the Griz. Our best prospect might not even sign with us now. I think others in the conference got better including MSU and can’t say that for us least today.

Hauck and staff better kick it in gear. I thought they were slacking a bit on recruiting and that seems confirmed to me. Just my opinion but I’ll stick by that for today.

:lol:

dayday said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
One thing that I have learned is never get to excited or to down on these days. Some kids work out, some kids don't...high school kids aren't nearly as important now with the portal and easy ability to transfer. It is easy to understand why a program will wait and bring in a few transfer lineman as opposed to offering a high school kid they see as a project.

Totally get what are you saying. Happy for these kids we did sign and wish them the best luck coming into the program.

I just think Hauck should revamp what he’s doing. I can see the misses and can see what other programs did to get those kids in the door. Hauck is great at developing but have to get talent in the door first.

:lol:

Griz66 said:
it is interesting to read from all the "experts" about our recruiting class and how underwhelmed some of you are,. Be patient--it is early in recruiting and many transfers are going to be interested in the days and weeks ahead. Also, all of you negative nellies, look at the current roster of freshman and sophomores and see some of the big OL and DL there. The cupboard is far from bare and we have just had back to back 10 win seasons.

:clap: :thumb:

Has anyone compared the previous staff's contributing recruits to the current staff recruits . Not necessarily by position!

SoldierGriz said:
horribilisfan8184 said:

Maybe they missed out on this one, but NDSU has ALWAYS relied heavily on Minnesotans. There's only 1 D1 team (U of Minnesota) in Minnesota, who only recruits a cpl locals every year, leaving, literally 100s? of leftovers that fill NDSU,UND,USD,SDSU,,UNI,UMD, etc. rosters. Montana State gets a few, but Montana has never tried to tap into this goldmine.

Zirg said:
SoldierGriz said:

Maybe they missed out on this one, but NDSU has ALWAYS relied heavily on Minnesotans. There's only 1 D1 team (U of Minnesota) in Minnesota, who only recruits a cpl locals every year, leaving, literally 100s? of leftovers that fill NDSU,UND,USD,SDSU,,UNI,UMD, etc. rosters. Montana State gets a few, but Montana has never tried to tap into this goldmine.

Oh, and btw, St. Thomas-a private college in St. Paul,MN will be a FCS perennial top 10 program in a cpl years, mark my words.

Zirg said:
SoldierGriz said:

https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/montana-gets-commitment-from-minnesota-high-school-running-back/article_ceeedef1-6515-54f7-8e32-ee010021c0a5.html

Zirg said:
SoldierGriz said:

I think Terry Dillon was from Minnesota.

The Swartzsfeger Boys????Gary Carl , and turkey!, And Dickie Miller would knock your D__k in the dirt.

Zirg said:
Zirg said:

Oh, and btw, St. Thomas-a private college in St. Paul,MN will be a FCS perennial top 10 program in a cpl years, mark my words.
Summit conf for all but football, Pioneer for football. Direct jump from DIII to DI. It will likely be more than a couple years to establish 63 football scholies and a different conference. They're not going to be an "FCS perennial top 10 program" in the non-scholie Pioneer Conf.

https://tinyurl.com/2p2frjkw

kemajic said:
Zirg said:
Summit conf for all but football, Pioneer for football. Direct jump from DIII to DI. It will likely be more than a couple years to establish 63 football scholies and a different conference. They're not going to be an "FCS perennial top 10 program" in the non-scholie Pioneer Conf.

https://tinyurl.com/2p2frjkw

Yeah exactly they are D-III which means no scholarship players and they are going to a conference in the FCS with no scholarships. They aren’t going to be able to jump to a different conference because of location and NDSU blocking it into the Missouri Valley Conference. So they may win the pioneer but they won’t be an FCS power likely would take some realignment for that to happen. Try a decade or more.

Back