• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Heerrrrreeee kitty, kitty, kitty

Overall this game has been officiated better in terms of flow. But as AZ points out, the lack of consistency is brutal.

Gotta slow Adam down and quit letting them get into the paint so easily. We goose egged Belo which is good, but the cats are shooting the lights out of the gym.

I can't imagine this game continuing like this and a few T's not being issued.

As long as MSU is able to initiate contact on both ends and not a lot is going to be called (other than flops), it'll be a long night for the UM. UM just doesn't have those types of bodies. MSU is playing a lot more physically and some how the Griz are going to have to adjust.

Belo has been able to patrol the middle defensively and I think that is why we'll continue to see Bannon/Owens and DCH extending away from the rim.

Griz getting good looks but just pulling the string on shots inside the lane. Everything is front iron.

Griz til I die said:
Gotta slow Adam down and quit letting them get into the paint so easily. We goose egged Belo which is good, but the cats are shooting the lights out of the gym.

DCH seems to fall easily for the fake and gets off his feet too soon. Probably too late to correct that but he should be aware. Andersen will foul out soon.

EverettGriz said:
Oh my god the bsc refs are back.
Yup.

Terrible sequence. UM has lost all composure to coincide with a desire for the officials to get control with the game on the MSU offensive end.

THAT SHIT RIGHT THERE. Scrum on the floor….foul foul foul foul (but none called)…then suddenly FOUL!

AZGrizFan said:
THAT SHIT RIGHT THERE. Scrum on the floor….foul foul foul foul (but none called)…then suddenly touch FOUL away from the ball, 32 feet from the hoop.

Edited for accuracy.

Only reason why the Griz are close is because of Cam Parker. He's the benefactor of this officiating crews spectacular ability to provide an inconsistent environment. Tight. Loose. Tight.

The Griz haven't had a FG in close to 3 minutes and all their points are coming from the FT line.

Well, as badly as the Griz are playing this game, they are still looking better than before the conference games began. The just don't have the big guy under the basket.

Right now there are only two guys who can score on the floor. This feels so much like last year. I don't fault the Bannon threes, because they were clean looks in a game the Griz haven't been able to create them.

If the Griz are going to find a way to grind this out, they are going to find a way to get someone other than Parker involved.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Honestly, a Bannon 3 point attempt is a wasted possession

As is anything outside about 12 feet, it appears. I’d rather have Beasley, Parker, Whitney, DCH, really almost anybody else shooting those if that’s what we’re going to settle for on every possession.

Why isn’t somebody fouling Belo every time down the floor? He can’t hit a FT to save his life.

Back