• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Heerrrrreeee kitty, kitty, kitty

GrizBall said:
We actually have a super senior in Blakney that can make a huge difference the next time around. Between Anderson and Blakney they have 10 fouls and 40 minutes to give at the 5. Although no one knows what Blakney will be like when he returns, he just needs to be physical. He doesn’t need to score a lot of points. The biggest beneficiary will be Bannan as he will have more time guarding his natural position. He played 37 minutes and was 4-6 in the first half, but 1-7 in the second. I think the physical battle and minutes played wore him down a little bit (as it would anyone). It will also force Belo to work battling with Anderson and Blakney all game.

Not sure how much we can count on Blakney. First he has to heal whatever injury that put him in a cast, whether it is thumb or wrist. Then he has his shoulder. I'm told that it pops out without much jolt.

CopperGold14 said:
Here's what is crystal clear after reading the last few posts in this thread............Everett Griz and Griz til I die don't understand basketball.

If either one of you need a Basketball 101 class, Travis is teaching a section this semester and I'm sure he'd love to have both of you sitting in the front row taking notes and smiling at everything he says and nodding your heads in agreement. Hell, you might even learn something.

I actually agree quite often with Everett Griz and Griz til I die... Should I assume you've taken Basketball 101 from Coach DeCuire? (I've taken an earlier version of 101 from a previous Montana trio of profs). I'm not trying to be snarky, honest. In fact, I believe there's a lot of room for divergent philosophical approaches to basketball coaching and that most of the commenters herein state views that are well worth careful consideration, even if you disagree with them.

My comments are more general about the Griz, rather than focused on this game. I have only watched three Griz games on TV this season, but watched many more last year. I must say that I am not impressed with the style of play that the Griz utilize. They are deep at the guard position, but very weak at the "bigs". Additionally, they are not a great shooting team, especially from "3s".

So, why would DeCuire choose to run a slow-down deliberate offense? If his strength is athletic guards, not good shooters, but athletic and quick, why wouldn't he want to press, and run a more frenetic style of basketball? This would help mask our lack of inside game, and would allow more lay-ups and open looks from our early-offense style.

I would play up-tempo, using several presses (full court, 3/4 court, 1-3-1 half-court, etc.), and substitute my 4-guard rotation frequently to keep them fresh.

Anyone agree?

LaJollaGriz said:
My comments are more general about the Griz, rather than focused on this game. I have only watched three Griz games on TV this season, but watched many more last year. I must say that I am not impressed with the style of play that the Griz utilize. They are deep at the guard position, but very weak at the "bigs". Additionally, they are not a great shooting team, especially from "3s".

So, why would DeCuire choose to run a slow-down deliberate offense? If his strength is athletic guards, not good shooters, but athletic and quick, why wouldn't he want to press, and run a more frenetic style of basketball? This would help mask our lack of inside game, and would allow more lay-ups and open looks from our early-offense style.

I would play up-tempo, using several presses (full court, 3/4 court, 1-3-1 half-court, etc.), and substitute my 4-guard rotation frequently to keep them fresh.

Anyone agree?

Life is full of unexplained mysteries.

Square peg, round hole.

fanofzoo said:
LaJollaGriz said:

Anyone agree?

Life is full of unexplained mysteries.

Square peg, round hole.

Wanna explain your response? I'm a little slow

GrizBall said:
We actually have a super senior in Blakney that can make a huge difference the next time around. Between Anderson and Blakney they have 10 fouls and 40 minutes to give at the 5. Although no one knows what Blakney will be like when he returns, he just needs to be physical. He doesn’t need to score a lot of points. The biggest beneficiary will be Bannan as he will have more time guarding his natural position. He played 37 minutes and was 4-6 in the first half, but 1-7 in the second. I think the physical battle and minutes played wore him down a little bit (as it would anyone). It will also force Belo to work battling with Anderson and Blakney all game.

He's played a ton of minutes this year, also appeared to get one in the nads from Belo. That guy commits offensive fouls most every time he gets it in the post.

Hoops watcher said:
GrizBall said:

He's played a ton of minutes this year, also appeared to get one in the nads from Belo. That guy commits offensive fouls most every time he gets it in the post.

Belo has perfected the "butt move" by Shaq.

Back