• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Honest Opinion

Grizbeer said:
CDAGRIZ said:
statler & waldorf said:
Subtlety on this site won't float, humor has to be dripping with sarcasm to be noticed.

Oh, yeah right . . . like it really has to be sarcastic. You exaggerate about a million times a day.
Seriously? He only post .87 times per day on average, which means each post has to have 1,149,425 exaggerations each. Might want to check your math on this one.

confused_lion_king.gif

Grisly Fan said:
Oh good lord, for the perceptually impaired: Craig Bohl is the second coming (of Vince Lombardi) and his mere presence would turn any team into football demi-gods -- or so sayeth the Cognizenti (sic) that post here.
Did Lombardi ever win 3 championships in a row? That's what I thought

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Grisly Fan said:
Oh good lord, for the perceptually impaired: Craig Bohl is the second coming (of Vince Lombardi) and his mere presence would turn any team into football demi-gods -- or so sayeth the Cognizenti (sic) that post here.

huh, yeah, in 1965, 1966 & 1967. Three consecutive NFL Championships for the Green Bay Packers.

...here's mine. It's become clear for sometime that the only game that ever elicits much more than a shrug involves an FBS team - or maybe an NDSU. There's little if any excitement being generated by the bulk of the BSC clan that will never amount to much more than what they were when Barry Fullerton opened the conference border to all comers. I'll be in town the weekend of the Central Washington clash, but I'd rather rub elbows with the hoi polloi at Charlie's than spend money on this doggie...

Silvertip said:
...here's mine. It's become clear for sometime that the only game that ever elicits much more than a shrug involves an FBS team - or maybe an NDSU. There's little if any excitement being generated by the bulk of the BSC clan that will never amount to much more than what they were when Barry Fullerton opened the conference border to all comers. I'll be in town the weekend of the Central Washington clash, but I'd rather rub elbows with the hoi polloi at Charlie's than spend money on this doggie...

Interesting, I spoke to a number of griz fans last year at the griz/EAGS game and the resounding message was we (griz fans) want to beat you bastards bad. Obviously that didn’t happen. When the long term record is compared, the EAGS have a way to go to catch up in the overall wins/losses series. However, the EAGS are biting into that record quickly and I got a hunch the EAGS are going to own the series for a long time.

WyomingGrizFan said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Grisly Fan said:

huh, yeah, in 1965, 1966 & 1967. Three consecutive NLF Championships for the Green Bay Packers.

:thumb:

GoldenEagle said:
Interesting, I spoke to a number of griz fans last year at the griz/EAGS game and the resounding message was we (griz fans) want to beat you bastards bad. Obviously that didn’t happen. When the long term record is compared, the EAGS have a way to go to catch up in the overall wins/losses series. However, the EAGS are biting into that record quickly and I got a hunch the EAGS are going to own the series for a long time.

Welcome to the board, Montana State Bobcat fans circa 2005. Hint: you need to beat the Griz in Missoula more than 1 time every 8 years and never lose at home in order to own a series.

GoldenEagle said:
Silvertip said:

:lol: :lol:

You sound like a global warming apologist. You've won 3 of the last 4. Good for you. So you've picked up a whopping TWO games from that 15 game deficit. Prior to that you'd LOST 14 of 17. So, "quickly" is a relative term...

And if Baldwin were guaranteed to stay at EWU and Mick were guaranteed to stay at UM then I might tend to agree with your last statement. Neither is even remotely true, so I guess only history will tell, eh?

AZGrizFan said:
GoldenEagle said:
Silvertip said:

You sound like a global warming apologist. You've won 3 of the last 4. Good for you. So you've picked up a whopping TWO games from that 15 game deficit. Prior to that you'd LOST 14 of 17. So, "quickly" is a relative term...

And if Baldwin were guaranteed to stay at EWU and Mick were guaranteed to stay at UM then I might tend to agree with your last statement. Neither is even remotely true, so I guess only history will tell, eh?

I have much higher confidence in the EAGS closing the gap on the griz/EAGS series then I have toward the world slowing anthropogenic climate change. You can deny both are happening. Good luck.

GoldenEagle said:
I have much higher confidence in the EAGS closing the gap on the griz/EAGS series then I have toward the world slowing anthropogenic climate change. You can deny both are happening. Good luck.

HBD_jimmy.gif

grizcountry420 said:
GoldenEagle said:

HBD_jimmy.gif

Man, I want some of what GoldenEagle is smokin'.... :lol: :lol:

GoldenEagle said:
When the long term record is compared, the EAGS have a way to go to catch up in the overall wins/losses series. However, the EAGS are biting into that record quickly and I got a hunch the EAGS are going to own the series for a long time.

So, you admit you are a Engstrom supporter.

GoldenEagle said:
Silvertip said:

BWAHAHAHAHA! Thanks!.

GoldenEagle said:
AZGrizFan said:
GoldenEagle said:
Silvertip said:

Good point Az. We know MD will only be around like another ten years or so. So ten more W's for EWU would still leave them significantly short of the equalizer.....

statler & waldorf said:
GoldenEagle said:
When the long term record is compared, the EAGS have a way to go to catch up in the overall wins/losses series. However, the EAGS are biting into that record quickly and I got a hunch the EAGS are going to own the series for a long time.

Its going to take a while to cut into that record. This was the first year, in the last 20, that we've had back to back wins against the Griz.

Our record against the Griz is ALMOST as bad as the Cats record against EWU or UM.

marceagfan5 said:
statler & waldorf said:
GoldenEagle said:

Its going to take a while to cut into that record. This was the first year, in the last 20, that we've had back to back wins against the Griz.

Our record against the Griz is ALMOST as bad as the Cats record against EWU or UM.

I never said it would be total domination. I'm sure the griz will get a win once in a while.

GoldenEagle said:
marceagfan5 said:
statler & waldorf said:
GoldenEagle said:

I never said it would be total domination. I'm sure the griz will get a win once in a while.

Griz beat EWU in Cheney this year. Should have beaten them in 2012 and 2010. We'll finish the job this year. :thumb:

My honest opinion is some egrizzers should go read the basketball forum. Will Cherry played well in his NBA summer league game. In 16 minutes he scored 7 points, 1 assist (should have been 4 assists, but teammates did not convert), 3 of 5 from the field, played great defense, and has improved his offensive awareness drastically. He looked damn good out there. The games can be watched on NBA TV, internet, or cell phone application. Come on GRIZ NATION, support Will in pursuing his dream.

My honest opinion is with NDSU, UW, and SUU are all under new coaching staff, that brings our chances up. As we all know Sqare Head State has lost a ton of guys and the injuries are mounting, Advantage: Griz. Wyoming is on their 3rd string QB. Bohl has seemed to like the ground and pound theme where Kristiansen looked to be more of a spread. Cal Poly bet them in 2012 but they also had Sullivan Grosz and Johnny Millard on D. SUU lost 2 of their LBs and and, again, new coaching staff. Montana woulda beat EWU if it wasn't for a costly penalty. Momentum was in their favor til that hands to the face on 3rd and long happened... then a missed FG. Like Brint mentioned, Tyler Starr is now playing in the NFL so hes outta the picture. I think he was a problem causer for the Griz last season.
That's my opinion...

Back