• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Honest Opinion

mtgrizrule said:
My honest opinion is some egrizzers should go read the basketball forum. Will Cherry played well in his NBA summer league game. In 16 minutes he scored 7 points, 1 assist (should have been 4 assists, but teammates did not convert), 3 of 5 from the field, played great defense, and has improved his offensive awareness drastically. He looked damn good out there. The games can be watched on NBA TV, internet, or cell phone application. Come on GRIZ NATION, support Will in pursuing his dream.

GRIZ fans check out the basketball forum, and/or check out Will Cherry's game 2 stats in the summer league. I watched the game, and he played the best game of anyone. He DOMINATED the 4th quarter!!!! http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mtgrizrule said:
mtgrizrule said:
My honest opinion is some egrizzers should go read the basketball forum. Will Cherry played well in his NBA summer league game. In 16 minutes he scored 7 points, 1 assist (should have been 4 assists, but teammates did not convert), 3 of 5 from the field, played great defense, and has improved his offensive awareness drastically. He looked damn good out there. The games can be watched on NBA TV, internet, or cell phone application. Come on GRIZ NATION, support Will in pursuing his dream.

GRIZ fans check out the basketball forum, and/or check out Will Cherry's game 2 stats in the summer league. I watched the game, and he played the best game of anyone. He DOMINATED the 4th quarter!!!! http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"feline quickness" comment by none other than Waltl Frazier on a crossover dribble
"had a nice 1st game" comment again by Frazier
Nice long 3-point swish
Sweet dish on the break away (very unselfish move, IMHO)
Fantastic one-handed pass for a layup
Then a coast-to-coast drive after getting a defensive rebound...
"Cherry, not drafted out of college, thus far playing well" (at this point, towards the end of the 2nd quarter, he'd been on the court for a total of about 5 minutes, had 5 points, 2 rebounds and 2 assists)
"Cherry, I like him"...
Sweet drive to the hoop, back out top for a 3 and another assist
...another rebound
another loose ball rebound and goes coast-to-coast AGAIN for a sweet reverse layup to end the 3rd quarter
"Bryce Cotton trying to lose Will Cherry, which is tough"...
Fucking AWESOME use of "feline quickness" again as he swoops in on a fast break for 2
A LONG 2-pointer by Cherry (Frazier commenting that Cherry is taking over)
ANOTHER coast-to-coast drive and splits the defenders with a reverse layup, with the comment "Boy, Will Cherry is gonna find a home somewhere in this league, isn't he?"
Cherry for THREE! (Scored 9 straight for Cleveland at this point...)
"Cherry is the catalyst..."
Cherry spotlight where they talk about his senior season and his broken foot that slowed him down...compared him to Lilliard
"Amazingly Cherry hasn't lost any quickness" - Frazier
Cherry makes a fucking amazing 3-pointer with the clock expiring, getting the ball thrown to him and just throwing it up....12 straight for Cherry for Cleveland at this point...
"Will Cherry of Montana is the story of the day..."
Another 2 pointer, 14 straight...
Frazier thinks he's only 5'7" or 5'8"...??? WTF
Another dribble penetration and dish...guy is fouled and goes to the line
"they can't keep him out of the paint"...Frazier
And another assist (again, unselfish) on a breakaway
And ANOTHER assist for a slam dunk for Bennett

I would say Cherry made an impression...certainly on Frazier!! He's playing with an amazing level of confidence.

"He was the catalyst of the game"...."very inspired play"..."a lot of teams watching him"...

What an enjoyable game to watch...a total domination by Cherry.

AZGrizFan said:
mtgrizrule said:
mtgrizrule said:

"feline quickness" comment by none other than Waltl Frazier on a crossover dribble
Nice long 3-point swish
"Cherry, not drafted out of college, thus far playing well" (at this point, towards the end of the 2nd quarter, he'd been on the court for a total of about 5 minutes, had 5 points, 2 rebounds and 2 assists)
"Cherry, I like him"...
...another rebound
another loose ball rebound and goes coast-to-coast AGAIN for a sweet reverse layup to end the 3rd quarter
Fucking AWESOME use of "feline quickness" again as he swoops in on a fast break for 2
ANOTHER coast-to-coast drive and splits the defenders with a reverse layup, with the comment "Boy, Will Cherry is gonna find a home somewhere in this league, isn't he?"
Cherry spotlight where they talk about his senior season and his broken foot that slowed him down...compared him to Lilliard
Cherry makes a fucking amazing 3-pointer with the clock expiring, getting the ball thrown to him and just throwing it up....12 straight for Cherry for Cleveland at this point...

I would say Cherry made an impression...certainly on Frazier!! He's playing with an amazing level of confidence.

"He was the catalyst of the game"...."very inspired play"..."a lot of teams watching him"...

I hope you're not getting behind the wheel of that American classic tonight....

Ursa Major said:
AZGrizFan said:
mtgrizrule said:
mtgrizrule said:

Nice long 3-point swish
"Cherry, I like him"...
...another rebound

I hope you're not getting behind the wheel of that American classic tonight....

Stone cold sober when I wrote that....stream-of-consciousness-like shit... :cool:

statler & waldorf said:
What does Will Cherry have to do with Montana Grizzlies Football and the FCS?

Uh....he could have played slot WR if he'd wanted? :roll: :roll:

WyomingGrizFan said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Grisly Fan said:
Oh good lord, for the perceptually impaired: Craig Bohl is the second coming (of Vince Lombardi) and his mere presence would turn any team into football demi-gods -- or so sayeth the Cognizenti (sic) that post here.
Did Lombardi ever win 3 championships in a row? That's what I thought

huh, yeah, in 1965, 1966 & 1967. Three consecutive NLF Championships for the Green Bay Packers.
NLF?

That's what I thought.........

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
WyomingGrizFan said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Grisly Fan said:
Oh good lord, for the perceptually impaired: Craig Bohl is the second coming (of Vince Lombardi) and his mere presence would turn any team into football demi-gods -- or so sayeth the Cognizenti (sic) that post here.
Did Lombardi ever win 3 championships in a row? That's what I thought

huh, yeah, in 1965, 1966 & 1967. Three consecutive NLF Championships for the Green Bay Packers.
NLF?

That's what I thought.........

O.K. But a typo. All you have to do is make a mere check on wikipedia
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vince_Lombardi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;), like in the section with Heading 1960-66, before you open your fetid little mouth, besides, anyways.

Bisonation said:
NFL titles in the 60's don't count. They were part time players and what like 8 teams total?

No there were a lot more than 8 teams. Do you realize the NFL started in the 20's?? By the 60's the league was very well established, had a tv contract and sold out 60,000 seat stadiums? You act like it just began in the 60's.

Hammer said:
Bisonation said:
NFL titles in the 60's don't count. They were part time players and what like 8 teams total?

No there were a lot more than 8 teams. Do you realize the NFL started in the 20's?? By the 60's the league was very well established, had a tv contract and sold out 60,000 seat stadiums? You act like it just began in the 60's.

I think someone was just being a little sarcastic, there. If not mistaken. As if the North Dakota State Bison of today can play on a level field with the NFL teams of the 60s, no less.

Granted, some of the playing weights of some of those NFL teams of the early 60s and especially of the 50s were, like, guards at 235 lbs? 'Big' Jim Parker from out of Ohio State at 275? Most of the heavy weights back then played on the defensive side, no less, while some players played both defense and offense for a while as well. One of the premier Middle Linebackers from that day was Sam Huff, at 6'1" and 230 lbs. Pretty standard biometrics at the time; until Dick Butkus came into the league at 6'3" and 245 lbs to play MLB for the Chicago Bears!

Back