• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

How are season ticket sales going?

mega mauler said:
kemajic said:
We're looking into staying in Drummond or Deer Lodge as we're eastward bound after the game, dinner, etc. There are alternatives to crazy Missoula.

I can't think of many options going my direction until Great Falls and by then I just as well go home.
I did look at Airbnb this morning and found some cheaper alternatives.

What direction are you going? Hwy 200? Or I-90?

3-7-77 said:
kemajic said:
We're looking into staying in Drummond or Deer Lodge as we're eastward bound after the game, dinner, etc. There are alternatives to crazy Missoula.

During my travels, I have stayed in out of the way small town motels, and have found them to be at least as good and comfortable as the grossly overpriced cookie cutter types found in the cities.
How do the little known eateries get better known, hmm?
:thumb:

kemajic said:
mega mauler said:
If motel prices don't come down before next year I am going to have to give up my season tickets! We usually stay at least one night a weekend about four times a season but at $300+ a night I just can't do it!

But how much does dinner even cost?

CDAGRIZ said:
kemajic said:

I have king suites reserved at the Quality Inn for $109 per night. My rooms at the Wyndam by the airport are only $118.

reinell30 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I have king suites reserved at the Quality Inn for $109 per night. My rooms at the Wyndam by the airport are only $118.

That’s astronomical! Used to be able to let a room for 10 dollars when Nixon was in office. Coincidence? Add in the fact that Chili’s upped the Awesome Blossom prices to 12.95, and we’re out serious coin. I guess that's the sacrifice.

reinell30 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Yeah, I was wondering about that too. Seems like anywhere you look on the internet is expensive until you look a little harder. We don't usually pay a whole lot for rooms in Missoula, but then we also sometimes camp up by Lincoln or drive over from GF's. The price of hotels will not defer me nearly as much as America keeping it's borders closed which seems like a much larger hinderance to my attendance at WGS.

AZGrizFan said:
mega mauler said:
I can't think of many options going my direction until Great Falls and by then I just as well go home.
I did look at Airbnb this morning and found some cheaper alternatives.

What direction are you going? Hwy 200? Or I-90?
Highway 200.

reinell30 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

We were planning on making the home opener a day trip until it ended up being a night game. I checked with the comfort in on Broadway where we have stayed the last couple of years and was told because it is a game weekend it was a 2 night minimum stay. One night was about $196 and the other was $325. When we stay we generally have a meal or two downtown and stop at a brewery or bar and have a couple of drinks also.

SaskGriz said:
reinell30 said:
Yeah, I was wondering about that too. Seems like anywhere you look on the internet is expensive until you look a little harder. We don't usually pay a whole lot for rooms in Missoula, but then we also sometimes camp up by Lincoln or drive over from GF's. The price of hotels will not defer me nearly as much as America keeping it's borders closed which seems like a much larger hinderance to my attendance at WGS.
Your post gave me a chuckle thinking of a scene where rednecks in unmarked white vans get busted for smuggling some of our northern brethren across the border to attend..... Grizzly football games. BUILD THAT WALL!!!

mega mauler said:
MikeyGriz said:
I have King rooms at the Hampton Inn reserved for $119 in Sept. & Oct. $139 for the cat game

Just curious when you made your reservations?

In May, I always make my reservations as soon as I can find out the home dates.

UpWithMontana37 said:
SaskGriz said:
Your post gave me a chuckle thinking of a scene where rednecks in unmarked white vans get busted for smuggling some of our northern brethren across the border to attend..... Grizzly football games. BUILD THAT WALL!!!

You are one clever, twisted bastard. You have learned from our Mexican Division that a van can carry 10-20 illegals, four hour one way trip. I could use someone of your caliber in my organization. :cool:

Flights, Hotels and Rental Cars are booked for the following games:

Western Illinois
Sacramento State
Cat/Griz

Can't make Cal Poly because of a prior commitment (made before I decided to become a season ticket holder, lol)
Can't make SUU because of work related commitments
Can't justify Dixie State....just can't do it. May change my mind later....

Freaking STOKED. I'll FINALLY be able to get PR off my back about how much better info you get sitting in the stadium than you do from your recliner with multiple camera angles, replays and commentator analyses....

The wife and I were finally able to swing purchasing season tix this year (snagged a couple in West 110). We're really looking forward to it!

AZGrizFan said:

Western Illinois
Sacramento State
Cat/Griz

Can't make Cal Poly because of a prior commitment (made before I decided to become a season ticket holder, lol)

Freaking STOKED. I'll FINALLY be able to get PR off my back about how much better info you get sitting in the stadium than you do from your recliner with multiple camera angles, replays and commentator analyses....

:thumb: ... Good for you! I broke down and booked them all... including Dixie State! Go Griz!

GrizTexas said:
AZGrizFan said:

Western Illinois
Sacramento State
Cat/Griz

:thumb: ... Good for you! I broke down and booked them all... including Dixie State! Go Griz!

Well, if not for other obligations I’d have definitely been there for 5/6. For the record: Wifey isn’t too thrilled about this whole thing….she’s not a fan of long airplane trips (or Montana in the cold :lol: ). So, I’m gonna have to break her into this slowly. I’m coming to WIU by myself and taking my brother (who lives down the Bitterroot), and bringing a buddy from Texas for the Sac State game….

AZGrizFan said:
GrizTexas said:

Well, if not for other obligations I’d have definitely been there for 5/6. For the record: Wifey isn’t too thrilled about this whole thing….she’s not a fan of long airplane trips (or Montana in the cold :lol: ). So, I’m gonna have to break her into this slowly. I’m coming to WIU by myself and taking my brother (who lives down the Bitterroot), and bringing a buddy from Texas for the Sac State game….

Do I need to have a come to Jesus talk with your wife?? I'm willing. 😉 I would be in HEAVEN if I could afford to fly up for more than one game a year. Although, after living in NM for 16 years, I agree with your wife about MT winters. My dad was trying to convince me to come up for Cat/Griz but the thought of freezing my tush off was enough to deter me.

My hubby couldn't care less about football, but he does indulge me as much as we are able. I am flying up (alone) for the WIU game (my folks live in Msla and have season tickets), and hubby and I are planning to drive over to Flagstaff for the NAU game. So I'm pretty happy with seeing two games in person this year. However, if the Griz make it into the championship game I will find a way to be there if I have to put a second mortgage on the house.

Da Boyz Mom said:
AZGrizFan said:

Do I need to have a come to Jesus talk with your wife?? I'm willing. 😉 I would be in HEAVEN if I could afford to fly up for more than one game a year. Although, after living in NM for 16 years, I agree with your wife about MT winters. My dad was trying to convince me to come up for Cat/Griz but the thought of freezing my tush off was enough to deter me.

My hubby couldn't care less about football, but he does indulge me as much as we are able. I am flying up (alone) for the WIU game (my folks live in Msla and have season tickets), and hubby and I are planning to drive over to Flagstaff for the NAU game. So I'm pretty happy with seeing two games in person this year. However, if the Griz make it into the championship game I will find a way to be there if I have to put a second mortgage on the house.

Hold up. YOU’RE flying up alone for the WIU game. I’M flying up alone for the WIU game.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

[spoil]I keed, i keed…. :mrgreen: [/spoil]

AZGrizFan said:
Hold up. YOU’RE flying up alone for the WIU game. I’M flying up alone for the WIU game.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

[spoil]I keed, i keed…. :mrgreen: [/spoil]

And this is how rumors get started. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back