• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

How are season ticket sales going?

What sections are designated as student sections now? I know they shifted some of them into the SEZ.

Does anyone have an estimate as to how many seats are allocated for students?

I was told they hold out 30% of capacity for single game ticket sales for each home game. That would be about 7,500 for us. Don't know how many seats are alloted for students, but I would guess about 3,000.

That leaves about 15,000 seats available for season tickets, of which about 14,500 are sold so far for this year. Sounds like a full stadium to me!

Good to hear the season ticket success. More, and varied season ticket holders is a good thing. Helps spread the word of Griz football in WGS, something which should be on everyone's bucket list.

MikeyGriz said:
That leaves about 15,000 seats available for season tickets, of which about 14,500 are sold so far for this year. Sounds like a full stadium to me!
Historically, we have had up to 19,000 season ticket holders.

kemajic said:
MikeyGriz said:

Exactly. Historically season ticket sales are down around 25%.

kemajic said:
MikeyGriz said:
We did not leave 30% of seats available for single game tickets this year. There’s no way when we’re trying to come back from COVID.

Griz til I die said:
kemajic said:
We did not leave 30% of seats available for single game tickets this year. There’s no way when we’re trying to come back from COVID.

Straight from the SID office:

The Big Sky Conference requires each school set aside 150 tickets for the visiting team.

A good rule of thumb is that you don’t want to exceed 70 percent of your venue for season tickets. The other 30 percent would be used for single-game purposes. Montana typically hovers around that 70 percent mark.

Joel Carlson

Montana Sports Information

Trying to keep up with numbers being posted
19 000 is a normal season ticket holder number and that is about 70% of capacity where Griz numbers usually are and currently at 15 000 sold that is about 25% less than the usual 19 000 sold.

15 000 is actually 21% lower than 19 000. 19 000 is 70% of 27 143.

Diesel said:
Trying to keep up with numbers being posted
19 000 is a normal season ticket holder number and that is about 70% of capacity where Griz numbers usually are and currently at 15 000 sold that is about 25% less than the usual 19 000 sold.

15 000 is actually 21% lower than 19 000. 19 000 is 70% of 27 143.

Whatever - It is what it is!

Looks to be between 300 and 400 season tickets left.

If you don't want to sit in the NEZ pie section, you have a few single seats still available in the NEZ for the cat game.

I stopped in to the GSA office today. There are about 18,000 season tickets sold. It’s higher than it’s been, going back several years.

If motel prices don't come down before next year I am going to have to give up my season tickets! We usually stay at least one night a weekend about four times a season but at $300+ a night I just can't do it!

mega mauler said:
If motel prices don't come down before next year I am going to have to give up my season tickets! We usually stay at least one night a weekend about four times a season but at $300+ a night I just can't do it!

Look into Airbnb. You can stay at places for pretty fair costs depending on what you want for lodging.

get'em_griz said:
mega mauler said:

Look into Airbnb. You can stay at places for pretty fair costs depending on what you want for lodging.

I have looked into VRBO but when you add in the cleaning fees ect. it is about the same as a motel.

mega mauler said:
get'em_griz said:

I have looked into VRBO but when you add in the cleaning fees ect. it is about the same as a motel.

Tent. Buy a cheap tent from DSG. Pitch that shit wherever you want. Seems to work out.

mega mauler said:
We're looking into staying in Drummond or Deer Lodge as we're eastward bound after the game, dinner, etc. There are alternatives to crazy Missoula.

kemajic said:
mega mauler said:
We're looking into staying in Drummond or Deer Lodge as we're eastward bound after the game, dinner, etc. There are alternatives to crazy Missoula.

I can't think of many options going my direction until Great Falls and by then I just as well go home.
I did look at Airbnb this morning and found some cheaper alternatives.

kemajic said:
mega mauler said:

During my travels, I have stayed in out of the way small town motels, and have found them to be at least as good and comfortable as the grossly overpriced cookie cutter types found in the cities.
How do the little known eateries get better known, hmm?

Back