• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

INDOOR PRACTICE FACILITY

AZGrizFan said:
I think it's hilarious.

Griz Nation: Clamoring...."WE NEED AN INDOOR PRACTICE FACILITY!!!!!"

UM: "We're building an indoor practice facility!!!"

Griz Nation: Harrumpfhing... "THAT'S NOT WHAT WE MEANT!!!!"

Newsflash: Perfect is the enemy of good.

Like I said in another thread....some of you people would bitch if you were hung with a new rope.

I posted it on the other side, but my out-of-the-loop ass honestly thought this kind of facility is exactly what people have been talking about for all these years. Imagine my surprise when some were like: "That's it?" IDK, I think it looks awesome.

CDAGRIZ said:
AZGrizFan said:
I think it's hilarious.

Griz Nation: Clamoring...."WE NEED AN INDOOR PRACTICE FACILITY!!!!!"

UM: "We're building an indoor practice facility!!!"

Griz Nation: Harrumpfhing... "THAT'S NOT WHAT WE MEANT!!!!"

Newsflash: Perfect is the enemy of good.

Like I said in another thread....some of you people would bitch if you were hung with a new rope.

I posted it on the other side, but my out-of-the-loop ass honestly thought this kind of facility is exactly what people have been talking about for all these years. Imagine my surprise when some were like: "That's it?" IDK, I think it looks awesome.

Agreed. When everyone was talking indoor this is what I imagined it to be.

dayday said:
CDAGRIZ said:

If it gets our kids indoors to practice, this equals an advantage. At that point I don’t care if it looks like a giant bouncy house, I think it’s awesome! Btw, it looks far better than many realize.

HookedonGriz said:
dayday said:

If it gets our kids indoors to practice, this equals an advantage. At that point I don’t care if it looks like a giant bouncy house, I think it’s awesome! Btw, it looks far better than many realize.

Simply search “indoor practice football bubble”. Images will show the different big time programs that use them. Texas, Maryland…I was pleasantly surprised.

As we know, the price tag on this is $6.5 million. Like some have said, this is possibly a temporary solution while the funds for a permanent fixture is raised.

I did a quick search on Google and I found that NDSU has been using a bubble to practice inside since 2015. At the time, the bubble cost NDSU only $1.5 million. They are now in the process of building a $37.2 million permanent practice facility. I'd be willing to bet that is probably a similar path that Montana is going for as well. I also read somewhere that it can take as little as 5 hours or so to fully inflate.

Here's a look at their bubble and what we might be able to expect when ours is installed:
https://www.bisonillustrated.com/bubble-dacotah-field-bubble/

20150408_Bubble_FB_Wide.jpg

And here's their $37.2 million practice facility design, broke ground in July 2021.
https://gobison.com/facilities/nodak-insurance-football-performance-complex/41
IPF_02.jpg

We built the Champions Center with an awesome locker room, offices, a fantastic weight room, and training facilities all for $20 million. An indoor facility is a tuff field with a roof over it. Six million doesn't sound like it will be a silo.

Grand Valley State U in Michigan is a school of about 20000 students. Div II football and they have an awesome indoor facility that gets used by every team they have and all the students use it too.

https://www.gvsu.edu/sportsfacilities/the-kelly-family-sports-center-6.htm

It's awesome. It's called the Kelly Family Sports center because Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly was a leading contributor. He was the coach at GVSU for a while. He actually interviewed for the Grizzly job after Bobby left (I believe). He took the Montana offer back to GVSU and they matched it. I talked to him after he returned and he said he loved Montana but when the Lakers stepped up it was easier to stay at GVSU. Too bad we didn't get him maybe we'd have a facility named after him

In addition to the indoor facility, the new men’s and women’s locker rooms for basketball are nearing completion from my understanding as well. Good on the athletic department securing funding for all these projects. They’re clearly upset over on scatnation and are really hisssing and fussing, kicking litter about and whining about how we shouldn’t be doing this or that while the university is in decline. Little do they know this is just one of many projects going on at the university, and one of the less expensive to boot (dining facility and forestry building). UM definitely isn’t taking the challenges it faces lying down, and is fighting to provide top notch facilities for both our students and student athletes. That apparently rubs the boobies over in bozo the wrong way. Here they thought they were closing the facilities gap :cry: FTC!

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
In addition to the indoor facility, the new men’s and women’s locker rooms for basketball are nearing completion from my understanding as well. Good on the athletic department securing funding for all these projects. They’re clearly upset over on scatnation and are really hisssing and fussing, kicking litter about and whining about how we shouldn’t be doing this or that while the university is in decline. Little do they know this is just one of many projects me on the university, and one of the less expensive to boot (dining facility and forestry building). UM definitely isn’t taking the challenges is faces lying down, and is fighting to provide top notch facilities for both our students and student athletes. That apparently rubs the boobies over in bozo the wrong way. Here they thought they were closing the facilities gap :cry: FTC!
It's just fear in Bozeman.

They can't keep a hard sided building standing if they get a powdered doughnuts worth of snow.

They can't get their heads around a how a dome might work; "but there is so much more air on the outside, won't that be too heavy for the air on the inside ?"

It honestly pisses me off how bad those guys shit on UM. Fuck those guys! Apparently our business school is an “afterthought” even though UM’s business school is ranked by U.S. News and World Report as the top business school in the conference and theirs isn’t even in the top 3. UM’s business school has tech based degrees and certificates. I actually have a tech based degree and certificate from the business school. You can’t get one at MSU’s business school.

UM’s had its struggles but I do believe we’re headed in the right direction. We’ll find out next week if the rumors are true that the enrollment is up this year, in which case that’s very positive news for the future. Not to mention $100 million worth of building projects will begin on campus as soon as next month.

Sorry we’re beating you guys to an indoor practice facility, but I got news for you. Despite the struggles of the last decade, things are starting to trend in the right direction at UM, and I predict by the end of this decade, we will be in a much better place then we were when we started this decade.

Business school an afterthought? To your point about the national rankings and U of M having the only MBA in the state.

RXGriz said:
Business school an afterthought? To your point about the national rankings and U of M having the only MBA in the state.
Am I’m very proud to have an MBA from the only program in the state at the UM College of Business. It’s an excellent program and so is the Masters of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA). Both are phenomenal programs and great degrees to get.

Griz til I die said:
RXGriz said:
Am I’m very proud to have an MBA from the only program in the state at the UM College of Business. It’s an excellent program and so is the Masters of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA). Both are phenomenal programs and great degrees to get.

MSBA one of the top degrees to get right now. That and cyber security. GUARANTEED six figure income if you’re willing to live outside of Montana.

The NDSU bubble is 87,400 square feet vs the proposed 112,000 square feet UM athletics looks to build (will be shared with track and field)

Bertram said:
The NDSU bubble is 87,400 square feet vs the proposed 112,000 square feet UM athletics looks to build (will be shared with track and field)

I thought NDSU was saying 117,000 sf unless they scaled it back?

jodcon said:
Bertram said:

NDSU has had a bubble for a while now. That is what he was comparing to. They are in the process of building a permanent indoor facility which is probably the 117,00o you refer to.

HookedonGriz said:
jodcon said:

NDSU has had a bubble for a while now. That is what he was comparing to. They are in the process of building a permanent indoor facility which is probably the 117,00o you refer to.

Ah gotcha. I just saw it a couple weeks ago so that number was pretty fresh yet. In a couple more weeks I wouldn’t have remembered they were building anything at all. :lol:

HookedonGriz said:
dayday said:

I think a full turf field with a bubble over it is PERFECT!!! The whole goal is to provide a place to practice out of the snow, when needed. Great job in working hard to get this done right away. . .over the next year!!!! A state of the art facility to come down the road, but this facility will always be relevant and work just fine.

Back