• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Is SUU leaving the Big Sky for the WAC?

Think I'll head over to the SUU fan site to see what they think. Wait, they don't have one. A fan or a fan site. Where's that north dakota guy with all the realignment theories when we need clarity on all of this?

SWeberCat02 said:
Think I'll head over to the SUU fan site to see what they think. Wait, they don't have one. A fan or a fan site. Where's that north dakota guy with all the realignment theories when we need clarity on all of this?
Hopefully off in the ozone.

Not as bad here but, the Vandal board brought up an 18-year-old thread on this discussion of the whack and they can't figure out why the big sky conference had 13 football teams. It was to keep the whack from poaching the big sky conference. So here we are again whack poaching, southern Utah and probably northern Arizona go while two football only schools leave the big sky conference to go play in the whack and hopefully become the leaders there. That gives us too strong football conferences on the West coast in FCS and forces New Mexico State University to do the unthinkable of resigning to FCS.

Montanabob said:
Not as bad here but, the Vandal board brought up an 18-year-old thread on this discussion of the whack and they can't figure out why the big sky conference had 13 football teams. It was to keep the whack from poaching the big sky conference. So here we are again whack poaching, southern Utah and probably northern Arizona go while two football only schools leave the big sky conference to go play in the whack and hopefully become the leaders there. That gives us too strong football conferences on the West coast in FCS and forces New Mexico State University to do the unthinkable of resigning to FCS.

I can’t imagine what was discussed on a Vandal board 18 years ago. Tom Cable? Seems like a big old clown car act show to me.

Montana fans acting like the Big Sky is superior to the WAC hilarious. The WAC teams in Olympic sports overall are better than the Big Sky. NMSU would destroy Montana or Weber or whatever school wins the Big Sky in basketball. Our horrific football program would smoke Montana. I gotta give you guys credit filling a stadium with 25000 fans to beat up on D2 football schools. Too bad your administration can’t grow a pair and move up to FBS football.

dancingNMSUaggie said:
Montana fans acting like the Big Sky is superior to the WAC hilarious. The WAC teams in Olympic sports overall are better than the Big Sky. NMSU would destroy Montana or Weber or whatever school wins the Big Sky in basketball. Our horrific football program would smoke Montana. I gotta give you guys credit filling a stadium with 25000 fans to beat up on D2 football schools. Too bad your administration can’t grow a pair and move up to FBS football.
When’s like the last time you guys won a bowl game??? Asking for a friend. :lol:

Montanabob said:
People keep saying NAU would go, but they’ve been in the big sky forever, even back when the WAC was initially playing football. What makes you think they would leave now?

dancingNMSUaggie said:

Do you get a lot of Montana fans posting on the big NM State message board? You will never convince me that NM State is a real place. Nobody has ever seen it. Most scholars contend that it’s a collection of ideas that are sold online for profit. You can’t just waltz in here like your name is Zeb Noland and try to convince me otherwise.

Griz til I die said:
Montanabob said:
People keep saying NAU would go, but they’ve been in the big sky forever, even back when the WAC was initially playing football. What makes you think they would leave now?
Their travel costs could be reduced by not travelling to the northern schools and vice versa. A northern conf. (BSC - the original idea) and southern conf. (WAC) makes some sense from a cost and rivalry standpoint. Both could have a balanced conf. schedule and play each other for OCC. Getting an autobid for a new FCS conference could be a challenge.

kemajic said:
Griz til I die said:
Their travel costs could be reduced by not travelling to the northern schools and vice versa. A northern conf. (BSC - the original idea) and southern conf. (WAC) makes some sense from a cost and rivalry standpoint. Both could have a balanced conf. schedule and play each other for OCC. Getting an autobid for a new FCS conference could be a challenge.
I remember AD Harley Lewis complaining about the travel costs and complications of travel to Flagstaff a bazillion years ago.

dancingNMSUaggie said:

Your opinion isn't worth much, because according to Sagarin, Montana would beat NMSU by 9 IN CRUCES. Not that it matters, because NMSU can't pay the Griz anywhere near enough to come to NM. Methinks you're just jealous because NMSU would have to pay people to come to games in order to get 25,000 fans in the stands consistently. Heck, I live in NM and you'd have to pay me a butt ton to watch the Aggies lose. I'd rather fly to MT to watch the Griz.

I'm not sure if you are just trying to be insulting by saying that UM plays Div. II teams or if you're really that dumb. I'm assuming it's the former but I wouldn't be shocked if it's the latter. Either way you're completely wrong. Montana played ZERO Div. II teams last year, while the Aggies went 2-10, and one of the victories was against an FCS team. Meanwhile, Montana went 10-4 and made it to the quarterfinals of the FCS playoffs, all while still rebuilding. Why would we want to move up? So we can be 2-10 like the Aggies against crappy competition? No thanks.

Da Boyz Mom said:
dancingNMSUaggie said:

Your opinion isn't worth much, because according to Sagarin, Montana would beat NMSU by 9 IN CRUCES. Not that it matters, because NMSU can't pay the Griz anywhere near enough to come to NM. Methinks you're just jealous because NMSU would have to pay people to come to games in order to get 25, 000 fans in the stands consistently. Heck, I live in NM and you'd have to pay me a butt ton to watch the Aggies lose. I'd rather fly to MT to watch the Griz.

I'm not sure if you are just trying to be insulting by saying that UM plays Div. II teams or if you're really that dumb. I'm assuming it's the former but I wouldn't be shocked if it's the latter. Either way you're completely wrong. Montana played ZERO Div. II teams last year, while the Aggies went 2-10, and one of the victories was against an FCS team.
And that was a crappy FCS team ... 5-7 Incarnate Word, which has played football only since 2009 and been Division I (1-AA/FCS) since 2013. Winning at home by less than two touchdowns against an opponent with a losing record is hardly "smoking" that opponent.

IdaGriz01 said:
Da Boyz Mom said:
Your opinion isn't worth much, because according to Sagarin, Montana would beat NMSU by 9 IN CRUCES. Not that it matters, because NMSU can't pay the Griz anywhere near enough to come to NM. Methinks you're just jealous because NMSU would have to pay people to come to games in order to get 25, 000 fans in the stands consistently. Heck, I live in NM and you'd have to pay me a butt ton to watch the Aggies lose. I'd rather fly to MT to watch the Griz.

I'm not sure if you are just trying to be insulting by saying that UM plays Div. II teams or if you're really that dumb. I'm assuming it's the former but I wouldn't be shocked if it's the latter. Either way you're completely wrong. Montana played ZERO Div. II teams last year, while the Aggies went 2-10, and one of the victories was against an FCS team.
And that was a crappy FCS team ... 5-7 Incarnate Word, which has played football only since 2009 and been Division I (1-AA/FCS) since 2013. Winning at home by less than two touchdowns against an opponent with a losing record is hardly "smoking" that opponent.

Yep. And the other team they beat was UTEP, which is the Northern Colorado of the FBS.

Da Boyz Mom said:
Yep. And the other team they beat was UTEP, which is the Northern Colorado of the FBS.
Couldn't have said it better myself :thumb:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Da Boyz Mom said:
dancingNMSUaggie said:

I'm not sure if you are just trying to be insulting by saying that UM plays Div. II teams or if you're really that dumb. I'm assuming it's the former but I wouldn't be shocked if it's the latter. Either way you're completely wrong. Montana played ZERO Div. II teams last year, while the Aggies went 2-10, and one of the victories was against an FCS team. Meanwhile, Montana went 10-4 and made it to the quarterfinals of the FCS playoffs, all while still rebuilding. Why would we want to move up? So we can be 2-10 like the Aggies against crappy competition? No thanks.

Exhibit 2087 as to why I’m a Mom fan.... :clap: :clap:

Colter said on the Nach on sports tonight that the big sky is about to undergo a massive realignment. What exactly that means, I don’t know. I believe he mentioned in the interview that he’d have an article coming out soon on it and what exactly he’s hearing, and I know we'll all be patiently waiting to hear that.

Griz til I die said:
Colter said on the Nach on sports tonight that the big sky is about to undergo a massive realignment. What exactly that means, I don’t know. I believe he mentioned in the interview that he’d have an article coming out soon on it and what exactly he’s hearing, and I know we'll all be patiently waiting to hear that.
Good, suggests a departure from the status quo; I'm receptive to any change from where the BSC has been.

Griz til I die said:

Makes me think that others are leaving for the WAC as well. Hasn't made much sense that SUU would be the only one leaving for the WAC, only to play as a football independent. NAU and the Cali schools make the most sense to me, although I wish they'd take that dead weight UNC. But, this isn't really a bad thing. If it results in a smaller Big Sky (I think 9 teams is perfect) and two western FCS conferences then that's a good thing.

Griz til I die said:

I’m definitely excited to hear what he knows on that topic. Like Kem, I think any change would likely be an improvement.

SWeberCat02 said:
Griz til I die said:

Makes me think that others are leaving for the WAC as well. Hasn't made much sense that SUU would be the only one leaving for the WAC, only to play as a football independent. NAU and the Cali schools make the most sense to me, although I wish they'd take that dead weight UNC. But, this isn't really a bad thing. If it results in a smaller Big Sky (I think 9 teams is perfect) and two western FCS conferences then that's a good thing.

It would be so nice if it’s what you said, and we could also drop NCU. We’d basically have the band back together, save for that attention whore Boise.

Latest posts

Back