• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Is SUU leaving the Big Sky for the WAC?

SloStang said:
With Southern Utah heading to the WAC in 2022 that will leave the Big Sky with 12 football playing members. I think there is a good chance the Big Sky goes to two six team divisions. Each team plays the 5 teams from their division and 3 from the other division.

My guess at Divisions:

North: EWU, PSU, UM, MSU, UI and ISU

South: UCD, CP, Sac, NAU, WSU and UNC

Another possibility:

Pacific: EWU, PSU, UCD, Sac, CP and NAU

Mountain: UM, MSU, UI, ISU, WSU and UNC

Any other guesses how they might split it? If they do split into two 6 team divisions for football how do Griz fans want to see it split?

How about:

Bus League: EWU, UI, UM, MSU, WSU, ISU
Plane League: PSU, NAU, UNC, CP, Sac, UCD

AZGrizFan said:
SloStang said:
With Southern Utah heading to the WAC in 2022 that will leave the Big Sky with 12 football playing members. I think there is a good chance the Big Sky goes to two six team divisions. Each team plays the 5 teams from their division and 3 from the other division.

My guess at Divisions:

Another possibility:

Any other guesses how they might split it? If they do split into two 6 team divisions for football how do Griz fans want to see it split?

How about:

A good lineup - is this V that's posting under your name?

Keeps the Original 5 plus EWU together. NAU is the only one that is stuck with the newbies, but would still get other teams every other year.

AZGrizFan said:
SloStang said:

My guess at Divisions:

Another possibility:

How about:

That's exactly what it should be.

uofmman1122 said:
AZGrizFan said:
How about:

Be careful what you wish for. If this is the way it was split it would make for a lot of great games for Griz fans, but might be a grind for the team.

dbackjon said:
AZGrizFan said:
How about:

Keeps the Original 5 plus EWU together. NAU is the only one that is stuck with the newbies, but would still get other teams every other year.

Easy there, compadre. :| :|

SloStang said:
uofmman1122 said:
Be careful what you wish for. If this is the way it was split it would make for a lot of great games for Griz fans, but might be a grind for the team.

My post was mostly tongue in cheek, but honestly, to be the best you gotta beat the best. Remember back in the heady days when we played every team every year?

oh wait. You guys weren’t IN the conference then... :lol: :lol:

AZGrizFan said:
dbackjon said:

Easy there, compadre. :| :|

:mrgreen:

This is interesting. The Ohio Valley and Southland folding?

https://www.texasfootball.com/article/2021/01/28/report-three-schools-to-join-wac-football-for-2021-season-only?ref=related_title

Latest posts

Back