• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jace Lewis throws all the shade

kemajic said:
bgbigdog said:
So there a problem in the locker room? .
Is Jace Lewis in the locker room these days?

Seriously you don't think he knows what is going on from other players? Some of those guys are his best friends in the world. They worked and fought for years together, lived through all the BS together and they don't quit talking when one graduates? Dream on

Glad he stepped up and said that. It needed to be done far to much just pretending things are OK to get along in griz football. It takes someone stepping up and pointing out the real problems before they can be dealt with.

Ursus1 said:
kemajic said:
Is Jace Lewis in the locker room these days?

Seriously you don't think he knows what is going on from other players? Some of those guys are his best friends in the world. They worked and fought for years together, lived through all the BS together and they don't quit talking when one graduates? Dream on

Kem's just harkening back to those days when his former teammates told him to stay the fuck away from them because he wasn't one of them anymore. Yeah, that didn't really happen. Much as he'd like you to believe it did here.

24GRIZ said:
HookedonGriz said:
Jace dropping a very real hammer. He and Bobby haven’t liked each other since the 37 jersey fiasco. Remember jace handed that off to Welnel while the coaches were out of town. Check mate.

Jace knew he had to do it that way as Bobby was going to try to dictate it. I am pretty sure Welnel will not let Hauck dictate things either. If the coach forces himself into this tradition, I say get rid of the tradition.

Yep I agree. Should be player led.

But I thought this was The University of Montana Haucks. I would like to be in on the Quarterback Club gatherings as flies on the wall. I doubt there will be any humble pie left to indulge in.

HookedonGriz said:
Jace dropping a very real hammer. He and Bobby haven’t liked each other since the 37 jersey fiasco. Remember jace handed that off to Welnel while the coaches were out of town. Check mate.

And the 37 handoff was delayed because Bobby wanted it for Robby and wouldn’t accept Welnel. That tore the locker room apart to start the season.

Mousegriz said:
Where's hoopsfan?

I too am anxiously awaiting his take on the jace Lewis tweet and the timing, as well as his take on the season in review. Say what you will, the guys has maroon colored glasses, which might be kind of refreshing right now. The board feels like a raging inferno of anger, finger pointing and name calling right now :lol:

It is no secret that Jace isn't a member of Bobby's fan club, and I understand the animosity towards Robby, but I don't believe Bobby went back after a games and manipulated the official stats for Robby. As much as people dislike Bobby, I am not sure this is a great look for Jace either. Seems like a pretty petty thing to do.

HelenaHandBasket said:
It is no secret that Jace isn't a member of Bobby's fan club, and I understand the animosity towards Robby, but I don't believe Bobby went back after a games and manipulated the official stats for Robby. As much as people dislike Bobby, I am not sure this is a great look for Jace either. Seems like a pretty petty thing to do.

Was waiting for Jace to get thrown, was only a matter of time. That will be part of the press releases and narrative to take the focus off the real problem: leadership. Bodnar to Haslam to Hauck "you will not use your position to screw up your son and make a fake legacy. Stop now."

Predictable. Thanks for doing what was predictable and what will continue.

indiancoyote said:
The question should really be asked of Haslam. Jace makes the accusation that statistics were manipulated.

Yeah. Like he's going to have anything to say about anything Bobby does.

noncasualobserver said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Was waiting for Jace to get thrown, was only a matter of time. That will be part of the press releases and narrative to take the focus off the real problem: leadership. Bodnar to Haslam to Hauck "you will not use your position to screw up your son and make a fake legacy. Stop now."

Predictable. Thanks for doing what was predictable and what will continue.

Think you misinterpreted, I believe that Bobby can be a petty SOB too, I just don't think this looks good for anyone.

justanotherfan said:
HookedonGriz said:

And the 37 handoff was delayed because Bobby wanted it for Robby and wouldn’t accept Welnel. That tore the locker room apart to start the season.

But everybody here said it was a big nothing burger and there were no problems at all!

HelenaHandBasket said:

Yes, the stats are announced shortly after game. I have wondered about how the stats are assigned as the game goes on. It seems certain players get awarded half tackles more than others. Not specifically a Robby thing but over the years going way back it always struck me that being high up in the tackles list seemed to get a guy more tackles. Like the reputation got a certain player the tackle, half tackle or sack etc. just quickly off the top of my mind: Kane Ione and the EWU player during Pflugrad era - even Gurnsey questioned the EWU guy stats on air at the time.

Back