• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jeremy Calhoun

Fahque said:
catsack said:
grizband said:
catsack said:
The only way to allow him to redshirt would be to carry his three game suspension over to next year sounds fair enough! If it wasn’t for that you wouldn’t even be talking about him redshirting , it’s his own fault he missed three games this year! Let’s reward someone who got in trouble!
He already served the suspension, is this dictated by something in the new rule?

If it wasn’t for the suspension we wouldn’t be having this conversation, he would have played in more than four games by now ! So he would have had to ask to redshirt like four games back! So if he was allowed to redshirt now the suspension is meaningless, other then him getting in trouble allows him an opportunity at a fifth year of eligibility, Hauck made the right decision!

But he didn’t play in more than four games so what is your point?

I think he was trying to say that if he would have played in more than four games, then he would have played in more than four games. But, since he didn't play in more than four games, he didn't end up playing in more than four games.

CDAGRIZ said:
Fahque said:
catsack said:
grizband said:
He already served the suspension, is this dictated by something in the new rule?

If it wasn’t for the suspension we wouldn’t be having this conversation, he would have played in more than four games by now ! So he would have had to ask to redshirt like four games back! So if he was allowed to redshirt now the suspension is meaningless, other then him getting in trouble allows him an opportunity at a fifth year of eligibility, Hauck made the right decision!

I think he was trying to say that if he would have played in more than four games, then he would have played in more than four games. But, since he didn't play in more than four games, he didn't end up playing in more than four games.
😂

Hauck for sure made the right decision. Anyone who doesn’t want to wear the maroon and silver against Idaho or the Rats should never be allowed in the facilities again

Wow, just went through the whole 18 pages looking for any real information on why Calhoun is no longer on the team, and I still don't know for sure. I do know that there is a lot of knitting going on, and questions about the competence of young men in college to function without their parents' input, and 18-24 year olds who have to ask their sergeant for input, which is of course graciously offered in the spirit it is meant to be taken. What a tour de force folks, this has been impressive.

Now, why did Calhoun leave/not be allowed to remain?

CDAGRIZ said:
Fahque said:
catsack said:
grizband said:

You said it all man, right on. :thumb:

fencer24 said:
Wow, just went through the whole 18 pages looking for any real information on why Calhoun is no longer on the team, and I still don't know for sure. I do know that there is a lot of knitting going on, and questions about the competence of young men in college to function without their parents' input, and 18-24 year olds who have to ask their sergeant for input, which is of course graciously offered in the spirit it is meant to be taken. What a tour de force folks, this has been impressive.

He was dismissed from the team by coach Hauck.

Jeremy’s version - felt underutilized, like he didn’t get a fair shot, wanted to use an entire season next year to help the Griz and play with his twin one more year. Wants to help Griz RTD and could do that more effectively with a whole season

Bobby’s version - he didn’t want to play in the last 2 games so he’s a quitter.

fencer24 said:

Because he told Coach Hauck he didn’t want to play against Idaho and Montana State so he can redshirt. Hauck said here is the door since you just quit the team. What is confusing? Are you cool with a player wanting to sit our two biggest games of the year.

HookedonGriz said:
fencer24 said:

Jeremy’s version - felt underutilized, like he didn’t get a fair shot, wanted to use an entire season next year to help the Griz and play with his twin one more year. Wants to help Griz RTD and could do that more effectively with a whole season

Completely to correct move. I’m sure Nick Saban and Bill Belichick would have been totally cool with that.

WaGriz4life said:
HookedonGriz said:
fencer24 said:

Completely the correct move. I’m sure Nick Saban and Bill Belichick would have been totally cool with that.

I’m also sure his teammates would be totally cool with him sitting the two biggest games out. 🙄

WaGriz4life said:
Hauck for sure made the right decision. Anyone who doesn’t want to wear the maroon and silver against Idaho or the Rats should never be allowed in the facilities again

Is that something like “my grizzly nation right or wrong”? Ok, ok, I’m liking it, unquestioned fidelity to the fatherland, right on. :thumb:

HookedonGriz said:
fencer24 said:

You are purposefully leaving out the fact that he knocked a UM student dead and broke his jaw a week before fall camp started in stocks parking lot. He’s lucky to have played at all this year. 100% support Hauck on this

WaGriz4life said:
HookedonGriz said:
fencer24 said:

Completely to correct move. I’m sure Nick Saban and Bill Belichick would have been totally cool with that.

Exactly right. It couldn't have been handled any better. When people think Saban and Belichick, Hauck's name is not far behind.

CDAGRIZ said:
WaGriz4life said:
HookedonGriz said:
fencer24 said:

Exactly right. It couldn't have been handled any better. When people think Saban and Belichick, Hauck's name is not far behind.
I was sarcastically saying Saban and Belicheck would be fine with a player sitting out the last two games. But I know you knew that.

WaGriz4life said:
HookedonGriz said:
fencer24 said:

You are purposefully leaving out the fact that he knocked a UM student dead and broke his jaw a week before fall camp started in stocks parking lot. He’s lucky to have played at all this year. 100% support Hauck on this

That he more than served his time for. In fact was punished well above and beyond the student code of conduct. I’m sure Bobby would treat his own kid the same here wouldn’t he

WaGriz4life said:
WaGriz4life said:
HookedonGriz said:
fencer24 said:

Completely the correct move. I’m sure Nick Saban and Bill Belichick would have been totally cool with that.
I’m also sure his teammates would be totally cool with him sitting the two biggest games out. 🙄
His teammates seemed totally cool with him being gone Saturday night. Upbeat performance and swarming the HC after the game.

fencer24 said:

You didn't look very closely at the 18 pages.

catsack said:
PlayerRep said:
catsack said:
Griz#64 said:
The Kids request made more sense than the response: I would hate to think that a successful coach would be more concerned about his immediate reward, than what in my opinion, was a decision made by Jeremy that was in the best interest of his team and his family, and i am in his camp on his decision to Red Shirt.. Look i know first hand what takes place outside of the Stockmans, because I personally did exactly the same thing about 60 years ago, as well as a few ex Griz players. Don't get me wrong, i am not proud of it, and do not condone it. It is however, important to know why the term "Brawl of the Wild' , became a Catch phrase for the Griz Cat Game. Maybe it is just a Montana thing. Fists, not guns or knives.. Go Griz: Kick bobcats ass!!

The only way to allow him to redshirt would be to carry his three game suspension over to next year sounds fair enough! If it wasn’t for that you wouldn’t even be talking about him redshirting , it’s his own fault he missed three games this year! Let’s reward someone who got in trouble!

Does it matter whose fault it is? Is it his fault that he got a concussion and missed some games?
Just like I said if he hadn’t got himself in trouble we wouldn’t be talking about it simple as that.

If he hadn't gotten a concussion, we wouldn't be talking about it either.

Do you think the Griz have a better chance of beating the Cats without him?

Do you think the Griz will be better next year without him?

I know you will be unable to answer the questions.

WaGriz4life said:
CDAGRIZ said:
WaGriz4life said:
HookedonGriz said:

I was sarcastically saying Saban and Belicheck would be fine with a player sitting out the last two games. But I know you knew that.

I'm unsarcastically saying that Saban and Belichick and Hauck would not be OK with with a player attempting to play a full season rather than getting 5 touches at UI and MSU. This is how championships are built, people. If you don't like it, you can go cry to an SEC cellar dweller. This is the Big Sky Conference, and it's still real to me, dammit!

WaGriz4life said:

Except that he wanted to play against those teams next year, and also play in 9 other games. So, his thought was to play 11 games next year, instead of 2, or whatever, this year.

Back