• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Just renewed my season tickets

Griz til I die said:
uptopgriz said:
The athletic department is building a budget anticipating significant budget reductions based in part, of decreased season ticket revenue.
I’ll bet you any amount there’s no drop in season tickets because we have cat-Griz this year and if you’ve ever seen how tough it is to get single game tickets, then you’d know that the best chance of getting into cat-Griz is buying season tickets.

“Significant” budget reductions my ass. You seriously can’t say a truthful thing to save your life!

Exactly. That guy is so full of shit he could plug up a whole sewer.

uptopgriz said:
uofmman1122 said:
So one person can’t afford their tickets anymore = no one wants those tickets. Iron-clad logic here.

Actually, you'll see 100's of posts like that right now.
"we are at about the 15 yard line and last we had to pay the GSA, not looking forward to this years bill, not sure we can afford them anymore either. We are close to retirement and will have to consider these extra costs!!!"I "agree my gsa on two seats is $560 and my seats are $540 $1100 for two seats is a lot."
"we’ve been season tickets plus a tailgate spot holders for almost 20 yrs. Not any more."

Too bad you never see 100s of posts on any social media site that involves the griz, other than egriz. Cmon now. Most comments I've seen involving the griz on either Twitter or fb, has had like 20, tops.

I even did a search on Twitter about not renewing griz tickets. Got 2 results, 1 from 2016 and 1 person from 2019. Both complaining about the price.

I just checked out the updated pricing for renewing my tix. Granted, we have cheap seats and the lowest level of GSA.
From what I can tell, our GSA amount isn’t going up this year.

My quick math below - note these are just the ticket cost, I don’t have the GSA amount factored in:

Our season tix were 2 at 240 each. (so $40 per game ticket times 6 games). This year, they’re being raised a whole $15.

So it’ll be 2 at 255 per season ticket - so a raise of 2.50 per individual ticket per game.

Seems reasonable to me.

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
I just checked out the updated pricing for renewing my tix. Granted, we have cheap seats and the lowest level of GSA.

My quick math below - note these are just the ticket cost, I don’t have the GSA amount factored in:

Our season tix were 2 at 240 (so $40 per game ticket times 6 games). This year, they’re being raised a whole $15.

So it’ll be 2 at 245 per season ticket - so a raise of 2.50 per individual ticket per game.

Seems reasonable to me.

Such a monstrosity!! 15 dollars more??? Who do they think we are, Gianfarte!?

🤣 🤣

The silver GSA sections will see a bump in price. And the upper east side will also see a bump because you can now drink up there now.

'68griz said:
FWIW, I remember when the requests for season tickets came in July, and were like $100/seat.

I can also remember when McDonald’s value meals were $2.99 and an extra .49 cents for biggie size but they were the same size they are today. Only the prices get bigger. Does that mean we’re old😁?

uptopgriz said:
kemajic said:
And NOBODY is buying season tickets. Revenue will tank, football will have to be dropped.

The athletic department is building a budget anticipating significant budget reductions based in part, of decreased season ticket revenue.

Don’t we have a bet going that you think the Griz are gonna have a half full stadium at a game this season?

I believe you made that statement and I took the bet. $500 wasn’t it?

alabamagrizzly said:
'68griz said:
FWIW, I remember when the requests for season tickets came in July, and were like $100/seat.

I can also remember when McDonald’s value meals were $2.99 and an extra .49 cents for biggie size but they were the same size they are today. Only the prices get bigger. Does that mean we’re old😁?

I remember when the value meal was .89 cents. Get out of here with that “old” shit. :D

AZGrizFan said:
alabamagrizzly said:

I remember when the value meal was .89 cents. Get out of here with that “old” poop. :D

Holy fuq! You are old😁!

I don't see a problem with people dropping their season tickets because of a small increase in prices because that just means that there are more season tickets available to choose from for people like me :cool:

MissoulaMarinerFan said:

Our season tix were 2 at 240 each. (so $40 per game ticket times 6 games). This year, they’re being raised a whole $15.

So it’ll be 2 at 255 per season ticket - so a raise of 2.50 per individual ticket per game.

Seems reasonable to me.

My Hellgate Terrace tickets only went up $25/ticket, so $2100 last year to $2150 this year for 2. No biggy.

RABIDAWG said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:

Seems reasonable to me.

My Hellgate Terrace tickets only went up $25/ticket, so $2100 last year to $2150 this year for 2. No biggy.

A reality check about what’s about to happen with season tickets:
“So now I'm a little paranoid after writing my complaint about the increas in costs I got my new bill $3800, and double billed for my GSA at $2160. Maybe someone in the Adams Center doesn't like me.”

uptopgriz said:
RABIDAWG said:

A reality check about what’s about to happen with season tickets:
“So now I'm a little paranoid after writing my complaint about the increas in costs I got my new bill $3800, and double billed for my GSA at $2160. Maybe someone in the Adams Center doesn't like me.”
I got about the same. The lucky ones with seats in the upper east side. My section 222 4 went from $2095 to $3576. Quite a price to pay for one of the four to have a couple beers. The double billing of the GSA goes with no explanation. Great communication.

Most folks I know or hear about that are giving up their tickets are doing so largely because they're at a point in their lives where they're done with crowds etc. A small few are due to $ and/or a dislike of coaching etc.
My observations ate, of course, anecdotal, but seem accurate.

GrizMania said:
Most folks I know or hear about that are giving up their tickets are doing so largely because they're at a point in their lives where they're done with crowds etc. A small few are due to $ and/or a dislike of coaching etc.

I’ve noticed some season ticket holder “fatigue” and I don’t think it’s all about rising prices. We’ve tailgated in Lot T for 22 years, and the last two seasons have been the most barren I’ve ever seen it in there.

Many folks I have talked to are just over it, even ones who live in Missoula. Going to a home game, tailgating, etc. is an all-day affair. It takes a lot of work. Now we’ve had a long stretch of mediocre football and the game day atmosphere has generally been rinse and repeat for years.

This is also anecdotal on my part. I know season tickets and attendance have been stable, but something has just felt different the last couple of seasons.

Raider said:
GrizMania said:

I’ve noticed some season ticket holder “fatigue” and I don’t think it’s all about rising prices. We’ve tailgated in Lot T for 22 years, and the last two seasons have been the most barren I’ve ever seen it in there.

Many folks I have talked to are just over it, even ones who live in Missoula. Going to a home game, tailgating, etc. is an all-day affair. It takes a lot of work. Now we’ve had a long stretch of mediocre football and the game day atmosphere has generally been rinse and repeat for years.

This is also anecdotal on my part. I know season tickets and attendance have been stable, but something has just felt different the last couple of seasons.

Season tickets sales rose last year. I think to an all-time high. I agree there is some fatigue, but I also see new and increased interest.

Latest posts

Back