• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

LadyGriz Macey Huard transferring

OregonStateFan

Brutal, but TheNextHoops reports she’s in the portal. Huge loss as she showed a ton of promise. Timing is interesting, but maybe she wants to beat the rush.

Brutal, but TheNextHoops reports she’s in the portal.
So weird.

I understand that this is the portal, but what a strange set of circumstances. I doubt something radically changed in less than 24 hours, but as I said in the transfer thread she literally had her best game as a LG last night. I'm not into conspiracy theories or what motivates people to do anything, and I am not about how good or bad it looks for anyone here but this is just plain odd in the context of last night.

On a semi-sarcastic level, I could see BSU throwing Huard a bag of money in NIL after last night.

I guess if we get lucky and Summah Hanson comes here. She had a better season statistically.

This is a crushing blow. I enjoyed watching her progress so much. She developed into a complete player during the season. What a major disappointment!

Now that she has shown that she could/should start, I hope she didn't get cut.
Nope, didn't get cut. She wasn't originally planning on playing for Montana wanting to do her own thing, but instead she came here to play with her sister. She did that this year, and now she is going out to do her own thing that she wanted to do last year.
Everybody seemed shocked and disappointed on this board with the news that Macey Huard going to the portal, but it has been on the back of my mind the past couple weeks that she would be the likely one to do it, so no surprise to me.

Nope, didn't get cut. She wasn't originally planning on playing for Montana wanting to do her own thing, but instead she came here to play with her sister. She did that this year, and now she is going out to do her own thing that she wanted to do last year.
Everybody seemed shocked and disappointed on this board with the news that Macey Huard going to the portal, but it has been on the back of my mind the past couple weeks that she would be the likely one to do it, so no surprise to me.
Why isn't she more excited about playing for the LG? I thought things and prospects were improving for the LG.

Now that she has shown that she could/should start, I hope she didn't get cut.
I see what you did there @mthoopsfan

giphy.gif

The timing of this is just so weird. Makes me wonder if all is still not well in LaGriz land and something else is amiss.
She would have entered the portal monday if Lady Griz didn't get selected for a post season tournament and play yesterday. She got to play that extra home game for the Lady Griz and she was able to play this one season with her sister.

Why isn't she more excited about playing for the LG? I thought things and prospects were improving for the LG.
Don't know. She had a lot of options last year.

Everything I heard was she wasn't going to come here last year because of what I said above that she wanted to her own thing, but yet she did come here. And everything I read on why, was that she wanted to play with her sister.
Well, she did come here and played one season with her sister. And I figure she is now going to take up some of those options she had last year. I believe one of the Colorado (Colorado State or Colorado, forgot which one) schools wanted her to play for them.

Doesn't mean things aren't improving. If more players start to enter the portal, that is when to worry. I mean, Mack Konig, who was a top 100 recruit, is now starting to show why she was a top 100 recruit. If she enters the portal, than things are really not doing that well.

Too bad. I wonder if UNC making the Dance as an 8 seed affected her? When people were talking about her offers, the North Carolina one was always mentioned. Maybe playing in some of the BSC venues was depressing? Of course, Montana's fan base itself has been disappointing for awhile considering how that is used as a recruiting tool.

Too bad. I wonder if UNC making the Dance as an 8 seed affected her? When people were talking about her offers, the North Carolina one was always mentioned. Maybe playing in some of the BSC venues was depressing? Of course, Montana's fan base itself has been disappointing for awhile considering how that is used as a recruiting tool.
Lady Griz attendance is about even with last year. It still is better than the great majority of division 1 basketball. Found attendance stats for 2021-22, Montana was 41st overall with 2,485 fans per game. This year attendance is 2,779 fans per game. I figure we are ranked somewhere the same or maybe higher since our attendance went up since then.

Does older Huard stay? Was dad making deals for his dsughter before league even ended? Macy must have her target school all worked out otherwise the timing is completely odd.

Potential other transfers: Pirog, H Huard, Lincoln in our opinion.

Maybe Coach H can make a new sister deal with the Mombergs.
It's nice that 4 former LG are still advancing with their teams in the D1 and D2 tourneys. Keller was big in the latest Carroll win, as Pickens had early foul trouble. Keller described as the best player on the court. Carroll now in round of 8.

Back