• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

LadyGriz Macey Huard transferring

Well said, on the level, best synopsis of current realities in college ball. Like some, my first reaction was shock, then angry, Macie such an amazing frosh player with so much ahead for her! Thanks again for your take on things, "It is, what it is"!
This is more like what the pro's used to be, new season, new team, same uniform.
Guess Montanans still have the Frontier Conference, where loyalty, and commitment still have traditional meanings, for now.

This is more like what the pro's used to be, new season, new team, same uniform.
Guess Montanans still have the Frontier Conference, where loyalty, and commitment still have traditional meanings, for now.
That is true, and at times I've watched teams play BB, where some outstanding ball is played by some of our home grown talent!!

What former LG are still playing in NCAA Tournney?
There was one.....Murphy from Glendive. Transferred to UT Chattanooga. According to hoops an excellent rebounder on a better team than the Lady Griz. She corralled one board in a 25 point 1st round loss. Bigtime miss by Coach H.

There was one.....Murphy from Glendive. Transferred to UT Chattanooga. According to hoops an excellent rebounder on a better team than the Lady Griz. She corralled one board in a 25 point 1st round loss. Bigtime miss by Coach H.
You've got to blame a ref for that loss. Down only by 9 at half, they had to remove a ref that had ties to Chattanooga which is a no-no. Once removed, they almost immediately fell behind by 19 points.

I was going to comment on Murphy at UTC but you beat me to it. She was a non-factor in the game and i would guess she is not even close to the caliber of Bartsch. She may have been a factor off the bench for us but not a huge factor, Wish her the best in her upcoming final year

I was going to comment on Murphy at UTC but you beat me to it. She was a non-factor in the game and i would guess she is not even close to the caliber of Bartsch. She may have been a factor off the bench for us but not a huge factor, Wish her the best in her upcoming final year
She was tied for the third leading scorer on a team that was no match for NC State for pretty much just one quarter (third), and parts of the second quarter.

Wait what??!?
A ref earned a graduate degree from Chattanooga, did not disclose it which is a violation. Someone found out about it and she had to be removed at half time. And then by coincidence or not, NC State opened up the game in the third quarter outscoring Chattanooga by 10, when they could hardly gain much of a lead the first 2 quarters. Was it the Ref, or coincidence?

I never said murphy was an “excellent” rebounder. But she has had double digit rebounds in multiple games in her career. Shot 2-3 from 3 today. She’s better than a number of LG players who played on team in past 3 years. Don’t know why you like to badmouth former LG. Especially someone who wasn’t good enough to be varsity college hoops.

Murphy would start for LG. Who will the LG posts be next season? Your analysis is a non-factor. She’s played more ncaa tourney games than any LG in recent history.

Last edited:
A ref earned a graduate degree from Chattanooga, did not disclose it which is a violation. Someone found out about it and she had to be removed at half time. And then by coincidence or not, NC State opened up the game in the third quarter outscoring Chattanooga by 10, when they could hardly gain much of a lead the first 2 quarters. Was it the Ref, or coincidence?
The ref has officiated at least one other UT-Chat games.

Murphy would start for LG. Who will the LG posts be next season? Your analysis is a non-factor. She’s played more ncaa tourney games than any LG in recent history.
If she would be starting for the Lady Griz next season, it’ll be a long, long year - and it would unfortunately mean Holsinger didn’t find a quality replacement for Gfeller. Hope that isn’t the case.

If she would be starting for the Lady Griz next season, it’ll be a long, long year - and it would unfortunately mean Holsinger didn’t find a quality replacement for Gfeller. Hope that isn’t the case.
Who will start at post next season for LG? Are you saying that the bench has no one who can start? When was the last time you saw Murphy play?

One conference tourney win in 3 years? Is it the coach or the players, or both? Yes, there was some improvement in the 3d season. It was about time. Top frosh and probably of two top players departs? Her sister's the team, and the coach can't keep her? What's up with that?

I never said murphy was an “excellent” rebounder. But she has had double digit rebounds in multiple games in her career. Shot 2-3 from 3 today. She’s better than a number of LG players who played on team in past 3 years. Don’t know why you like to badmouth former LG. Especially someone who wasn’t good enough to be varsity college hoops.
Since when is looking up and posting the stats of the girl you've indirectly been badmouthing the Lady Griz coach (by looking up and posting her stats) all year long "badmouthing"?

Good for her playing in tourney and well this year. I bet she enjoyed it. Her Lady Griz days are probably in her rear view mirror. Why not yours?

Since when is looking up and posting the stats of the girl you've indirectly been badmouthing the Lady Griz coach (by looking up and posting her stats) all year long "badmouthing"?

Good for her playing in tourney and well this year. I bet she enjoyed it. Her Lady Griz days are probably in her rear view mirror. Why not yours?
Bad-mouthing because you only post the worst stats, not just for Murphy. From her roster bio, her first year at Chatt, a pretty cut year after getting cut by the new coach:

"2021-22 Freshman
- Played in 28 games (missing two due to illness) and made nine starts.
- Scored a career-high 14 points against ETSU; averged 4.3 points per game.
- Pulled down a career-high 12 rebounds; had double-digit rebounds three times.
- Led team in blocked shots 12 times.
- Recorded a career-high six blocked shots against ETSU; had three on one possession.
- Second on the team in blocked shots with 31; fourth in the SoCon; 177th in the NCAA.
- Recorded two double-doubles.
- Five games with double-figure scoring.
- Made first collegiate start in her first game with the Mocs in the season-opener against Belmont."

You brought up Carroll's loss to Providence (as if they were a bad team), who won the conference tourney and made the NAIA tourney. Carroll is 26-5 and in the national semifinals against Provence. You can't give the 3 former LG at Carroll any props. Pickens had 24 points and 18 rebounds in her last game. Keller and Albrecht shot 4-5 from 3. 25 rebounds among the 3.

I have no doubt that all the recent former LG are happy to be away from Holsinger. That's not and never was my point. The point related to how they left, or were pushed out. Combined with how long it's taken the new LG to improve, and finally win 1 tourney game.

Coach H and the LG are in my rearview mirror. That's why I respond when people like you keep bringing up the former LG and do too much coach cheerleading from the likes of you. I like the players and not the coach, and don't like the cheerleading.

Last edited:
So who would she start in place of--Bartsch, Bruno, Konig Haley Huard, Stump, Lincoln, Donarski? Yes she played one more tourney game as you said but she was a non-factor. I wish her great success in her Sr. season

Who will start at post next season for LG? Are you saying that the bench has no one who can start? When was the last time you saw Murphy play?

One conference tourney win in 3 years? Is it the coach or the players, or both? Yes, there was some improvement in the 3d season. It was about time. Top frosh and probably of two top players departs? Her sister's the team, and the coach can't keep her? What's up with that?
I watched her play against NC State. She’s a fine player (and would be a solid backup for Bartsch), but I hope we can find a better post player to put alongside Bartsch and replace Gfeller.

I’m sure Greenslade won’t be ready from her ACL tear and I’m not sure Burton-Oliver will return. Pirog could make a leap, but I’m not overly convinced.

If Macey has her mind set on going to play at a Big 12 (other other major conference) school, I’m not sure there’s much Brian can to do stop her.

STOP HER?!!! My response would be 'Don't let the door hit ya on the way OUT!' She's already made it clear she thinks it's all about her. LG are still playing and she's out independently selling he wares. If she was on scholarship, the University should, at the very least, boot her out of school, effective on entry to the portal. Leave with a boatload of 'incomplete' coursework to deal with. Pack your bags, and GET OUT!
Hoops, you are a Business Attorney, where does the University, any University, stand a on 'specific performance' or some other legal angle to combat this 'portal' BS?
You don't quit a job and still expect to get paid. I'm no lawyer, obviously.

Back