• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Mccutcheon > Akem

SACCAT66 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Thanks, SAC. He seems to be doing pretty well so far, apparently. Whenever the mood strikes me to look into how the Bobcats are doing, I know I can log on here to read it straight from Bobcat fans! ;)

You are welcome.... I am always happy to help with yet another "Player 1 is better than Player B" discussion... I hear your Back-up QB is better than your Starter who is now hurt, maybe... He would also be way better if we plays for 3 years. Saying a player that starts for 3 years will be better than a player that has started for 1 is the type of hard hitting analysis that I come here to see.

Agreed. The main thing to remember is that message board posters know more than the coaching staff. It's the uneducated fan like me who just blindly believes that the players starting each week are the ones the staff believes will give the team the best chance to win. It takes a very trained football eye to recognize that most coaches start inferior players in an effort to lose games and jobs. If a backup QB does better against Dixie State at home than the starter did against EWU on the road, there will be definitive proof.

CDAGRIZ said:
SACCAT66 said:
You are welcome.... I am always happy to help with yet another "Player 1 is better than Player B" discussion... I hear your Back-up QB is better than your Starter who is now hurt, maybe... He would also be way better if we plays for 3 years. Saying a player that starts for 3 years will be better than a player that has started for 1 is the type of hard hitting analysis that I come here to see.

Agreed. The main thing to remember is that message board posters know more than the coaching staff. It's the uneducated fan like me who just blindly believes that the players starting each week are the ones the staff believes will give the team the best chance to win. It takes a very trained football eye to recognize that most coaches start inferior players in an effort to lose games and jobs. If a backup QB does better against Dixie State at home than the starter did against EWU on the road, there will be definitive proof.

DEFINITIVE!!!!

SACCAT66 said:
Griz til I die said:
Lance is the only receiver the cats have. Coy Steel's not bad either but I think he's hurt and hasn't returned (help me out cat fans). UM has so much talent at receiver it's hard to get the ball everyone. The loss of Sulser should get guys like Flowers and White more balls, but to sit here and say that McCutcheon is a better receiver than Akem is blasphemy. Hell, I used to get pissed when people tried to say that Toure was better than Akem. Don't worry westcoastfan, when you guys get beat by Eastern just as bad as us or maybe even worse, I'm sure somebody will come along and troll you as well.

I don't agree with this... Jaden Smith, Willie Patterson, Coy Steel (when healthy) are all very good as well... We have a couple TE that have really stepped up this year as well. Lots of times it is a combination of being comfortable with the QB, and also the match-ups... Lance came out hot VS UNC, and then they started shifting coverage his way, leaving Smith open on the other side (He ended up with 4 catches for 75 yards). Yes, Coy has been dinged up, and Patterson got hurt on a punt return (He was leveled about 2 seconds before the ball got there...)
When you posted this on MSU.com or whatever your website is, what was the reaction. Oh wait, nobody would ever see it wedged between the crop reports and property you could never buy because Lady Gaga owns it.

SACCAT66 said:
HookedonGriz said:
FIFY

It’s pretty impressive how Jace Lewis, Patrick O’Connell, and Marcus Welenel have all emerged as by far the best LBs in the state of Montana and most-definitely the conference! Most would have thought that Troy Andersen would be dominating the big Sky, but he’s not even a top 20 LB in the league. Makes you wonder what Jace’s, Patrick’s, and Marcus’ numbers would be like if UM could have played them more the last 3 years.

Those numbers are all inflated because Flowers keeps running kicks back for TD's, giving the defense more snaps on the field...

I thought this was an underappreciated post. Good work!

I’ll create both players in my EA Sports 2005 NCAA College football game on my PS2, play 4 seasons of games for each players teams and get back to you all on this question in 6-7 years…stay tuned.

SaskGriz said:
SACCAT66 said:
I don't agree with this... Jaden Smith, Willie Patterson, Coy Steel (when healthy) are all very good as well... We have a couple TE that have really stepped up this year as well. Lots of times it is a combination of being comfortable with the QB, and also the match-ups... Lance came out hot VS UNC, and then they started shifting coverage his way, leaving Smith open on the other side (He ended up with 4 catches for 75 yards). Yes, Coy has been dinged up, and Patterson got hurt on a punt return (He was leveled about 2 seconds before the ball got there...)
When you posted this on MSU.com or whatever your website is, what was the reaction. Oh wait, nobody would ever see it wedged between the crop reports and property you could never buy because Lady Gaga owns it.

Nobody from Saskatchewan ever complains about crop reports. Serious, news up there is hockey, hockey, Roughies! hockey, CROP REPORT!!! hockey

SaskGriz said:
SACCAT66 said:

Bozeman area is more of a ranching area than a farming area... So they talk about cattle pricing, and hog futures more than anything. "Tell them Taylor Brown sent you"... I do miss Paul Harvey pushing Huskvarna snow blowers though...

SACCAT66 said:
SaskGriz said:

Bozeman area is more of a ranching area than a farming area... So they talk about cattle pricing, and hog futures more than anything. "Tell them Taylor Brown sent you"... I do miss Paul Harvey pushing Huskvarna snow blowers though...

Hold the phones. I heard from multiple sources who have never been to Los Angeles that Bozeman is exactly like Los Angeles. From one such source: “It’s all them damned fruits and nuts from down Californy way that keep flocking up in here and changing my values.”

SACCAT66 said:
SaskGriz said:

“Bring your checkbook, your wife if you got one, ‘cause we’re dealing in Dillon.”

Ursa Major said:
SACCAT66 said:

“Bring your checkbook, your wife if you got one, ‘cause we’re dealing in Dillon.”

My 1st radio job out of College was at a station called KPRK in Livingston. My on-air job was the "Info Hour" It was
* Paul Harvey
*Montana Weather
*Ranch and Grain Futures
*Paul Harvey "The Rest of the Story"
*Swap shop...This is where I would read actual index cards with things people were selling, and take calls from people selling things on the air...

SACCAT66 said:
Ursa Major said:

My 1st radio job out of College was at a station called KPRK in Livingston. My on-air job was the "Info Hour" It was
* Paul Harvey
*Montana Weather
*Ranch and Grain Futures
*Swap shop...This is where I would read actual index cards with things people were selling, and take calls from people selling things on the air...

Did you get to organize the Turkey Drop, or did they delegate that to an intern?

EverettGriz said:
SACCAT66 said:
* Paul Harvey
*Montana Weather
*Ranch and Grain Futures

Did you get to organize the Turkey Drop, or did they delegate that to an intern?

The "Sports Director" doesn't do Turkey Drops... He piles sand bags every time the Yellowstone floods into the transmitter

SACCAT66 said:
EverettGriz said:

The "Sports Director" doesn't do Turkey Drops... He piles sand bags every time the Yellowstone floods into the transmitter

:lol:

SACCAT66 said:
Ursa Major said:

* Paul Harvey
*Montana Weather
*Ranch and Grain Futures

I can't believe that didn't take off. It's all these GD zoomers with their snapchats and tiktoks. They have no attention spans anymore. They would rather watch a hot chick shake her rump around than listen to a heartwarming tale about the heartland before waiting patiently to see if anyone is selling a space heater. Whole world has gone mad!

CDAGRIZ said:
SACCAT66 said:
* Paul Harvey
*Montana Weather
*Ranch and Grain Futures

I can't believe that didn't take off. It's all these GD zoomers with their snapchats and tiktoks. They have no attention spans anymore. They would rather watch a hot chick shake her rump around than listen to a heartwarming tale about the heartland before waiting patiently to see if anyone is selling a space heater. Whole world has gone mad!

God... I WISH it was something as cool as a Space Heater.... Most times is was 3 used tires, or a Bike with no back tire or brakes

27 catches for 521 yards compared to 11 for 111.

The Griz offense is not capable of getting Akem the targets he deserves, no wonder Toure left.

Westcoastfan said:
27 catches for 521 yards compared to 11 for 111.

The Griz offense is not capable of getting Akem the targets he deserves, no wonder Toure left.

Blah, blah, blah. You are not the captain of this thread anymore. Irish, look at me . . .

Back